Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Flooding Ledecky's inbox doesn't make it into the papers. Calling WFAN or ESPN to talk about the Islanders will get you put on hold for 2 hours, if they take your call at all as you know how much they love to talk hockey. Those billboards did exactly what they were supposed to do. They got the media talking about how fed up Isles fans are. It never would have happened otherwise. Sometimes it takes something like this to get ownership's attention.

Are you old enough to remember the Giants fans renting an airplane to fly over Giants Stadium in 1978? I am. "15 Years of Lousy Football...We've Had Enough" What's the difference between Giants fans doing that and Isles fans collecting money to rent some billboards? The fact that Giants fans were doctors and lawyers while Isles fans are a bunch of chooches?

Sports of The Times; GIANT FANS PROUD OF 1978 PROTEST

Maybe instead of chanting Snow Must Go, we should start chanting WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!
Chooches in Zubaz! LOL!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
5SsHgux.jpg

Ij72to5.jpg

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
:laugh:

Zubaz reference. I used to have a pair when I was a kid. Very comfortable.

I don't have a problem with fans voicing their opinions. The franchise asked for this when they maintained the status quo after making the second round a couple seasons ago. That was the time to go "all in" as some posters like to put it. Weight like a moron, then decided to criticize the fanbase this season. A billboard is the least of their worries. Belmont will be empty if they don't do something now.

This is worth mentioning IMO. Weight threw the first stone here.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
So you are saying no NHL GMs would have picked him. Only Snow would have. Get real.

Where did I ever say that? Where did I say only Snow would have taken him? Where did I say no NHL GMs would have picked him? Do you just make stuff up to fit your narrative? Do you actually read the posts you quote?

For the record I do think some GMs would have taken him...but many of them have been fired by this point due to a lack of success, because their teams are holding them accountable.

Snow is paid to draft players that will be impactful for the team (in a top 4 pick there's no denying that), and quite frankly while drafting often in the top 5 has failed time and time again.

Reactions: periferal

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
If Snow had any success his first 6-8 years with a limited budget we would be talking about if Statsny, Kane, or McDonagh push us over the top for a cup instead of debating a draft pick from 2011.

Snow has failed miserably for 12 years including the lean years. He failed to build an above averge farm system despite finishing in the bottom 5 for nearly a decade

Hmmm, guess all those articles ranking the Isles farm system as top five in the league for several years in a row were all wrong just like Snow. Development has been a failure, but there were many years we had a highly rated farm system. Have to agree to disagree...

Reactions: MattBarzal

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hmmm, guess all those articles ranking the Isles farm system as top five in the league for several years in a row were all wrong just like Snow. Development has been a failure, but there were many years we had a highly rated farm system. Have to agree to disagree...
Yet Bridgeport has always been the laughingstock of the AHL. How does that happen.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Flooding Ledecky's inbox doesn't make it into the papers. Calling WFAN or ESPN to talk about the Islanders will get you put on hold for 2 hours, if they take your call at all as you know how much they love to talk hockey. Those billboards did exactly what they were supposed to do. They got the media talking about how fed up Isles fans are. It never would have happened otherwise. Sometimes it takes something like this to get ownership's attention.

Are you old enough to remember the Giants fans renting an airplane to fly over Giants Stadium in 1978? I am. "15 Years of Lousy Football...We've Had Enough" What's the difference between Giants fans doing that and Isles fans collecting money to rent some billboards? The fact that Giants fans were doctors and lawyers while Isles fans are a bunch of chooches?

Sports of The Times; GIANT FANS PROUD OF 1978 PROTEST

Maybe instead of chanting Snow Must Go, we should start chanting WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!

I so remember that....that is why i supported the billboard.
Now, if we could just get our owners to read that article.....

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Every isles fan should support this Billboard, or else you aren't truly cued in on how this organization runs and how this organization is SUPPOSED to run.

Snow defenders on twitter saying stuff like "But he got us Barzal!"

Wow finally he landed one player in 12 years through the draft that wasn't a obvious slam-dunk pick. Let's look at how Tampa and the Penguins have established their successes:

Tampa: Excellent drafting. Clearly their scouts and Yzerman know how to evaluate young talent because it seems like every pick they have results in a good player. Also good player development within their organization to get the most out of their young talent

Pittsburgh: Building around their two franchise players and REFUSING to sign a bad contract for a middle of the road player. They cycle through those decent support players and refuse to pay anyone too much. Something that needs to be mastered under today's salary cap. If someone is up for UFA and wants a ridiculous amount of money and they're a 3rd-4th liner, let them walk.

Snow has failed miserably at the main strength points of the above organizations. Cannot win a cup without a mixture of both of these major factors.

Fire him and Weight and bring in real NHL experience next year

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
FYI -- Just in case you forgot.

Las Vegas -- Brand new team... ink on the jersey isn't even dry yet... took a bunch of cast offs... guys who were left unprotected... put together.....and under the PROPER f***ING COACHING AND MANAGEMENT,.... are in first place.

Let that sink in a bit.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
FYI -- Just in case you forgot.

Las Vegas -- Brand new team... ink on the jersey isn't even dry yet... took a bunch of cast offs... guys who were left unprotected... put together.....and under the PROPER ****ING COACHING AND MANAGEMENT,.... are in first place.

Let that sink in a bit.

“So, you’re saying a brand new jersey will get us first place! I’m on it!”

- Ledecky​

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Billboard is old news now. Who will put together a website with fans listing their names how many games they go to..and promosing to only go to 20% or zero home games...and only go to road games..Untill areal GM is hired and good old boys nepotism is blown up... Get 3000 fans to sign upbfor that and thats enough to sink attendance to embarrasing lows next year.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017

When you draft in the top 5 for 5 or so straight years you will have a top farm system. It’s the nature of being a consistent loser

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
You mean a single educated/rational fan right?
Even the stupid ones seem to understand the entire operation needs to be flushed down the toilet. I haven't spent time here lately - are there posters on here defending these dolts? I can't even imagine it.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I think the fans are WAY more fed upbwith snow than they were with Milbury. Back when Milbury was fired at least a 3rd probably more were still saying " you cant just fire Milburybits a complicated job not just anyone can be a GM otherwise we would have a new GM MILBURYBIS DOING HIS BEST he had no moneybto workbwith bad owners bad breaks...give him his due credit". I read the forums every day back then.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Even the stupid ones seem to understand the entire operation needs to be flushed down the toilet. I haven't spent time here lately - are there posters on here defending these dolts? I can't even imagine it.

Perhaps even worse...There are "fans" who don't understand the correlation between a GM's job and overall team success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad