Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Yeah. The Sens. 17 points out of a playoff spot. Isles were in playoff position when all this nonsense started. The results since have had something to do with this nonsense No doubt
Were they though? For what, maybe a day? And did you take into account games in hand? Because when you consider their PPG average as a team, they've been in the 10-15 bubble range since December. Whenever they end up in a wild card spot per the standings on that particular day, the teams with games in hand play the next few days and bump them back down. They haven't been in a solid playoff spot since early December, which obviously means jack shit.

Reactions: Eberzal

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Were they though? For what, maybe a day? And did you take into account games in hand? Because when you consider their PPG average as a team, they've been in the 10-15 bubble range since December. Whenever they end up in a wild card spot per the standings on that particular day, the teams with games in hand play the next few days and bump them back down. They haven't been in a solid playoff spot since early December, which obviously means jack ****.
In 3 months since December 1 they play on 69 points pace if translated to 82 games. Hardly even a bubble. It's not mediocrity, it's Buffalo-Arizona level of futility.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Apparently Mayfield has been blocking people who are anti Snow. Kinda funny.

It would be ironic if the players rallied around Snow over the billboards. This would not surprise me as I have heard he is well liked by the players. This could easily have the opposite impact of what the fans want.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
It would be ironic if the players rallied around Snow over the billboards. This would not surprise me as I have heard he is well liked by the players. This could easily have the opposite impact of what the fans want.

If the players rally (very much remains to be seen given that they seem to give away 5 potential points a week at this point,) and the team comes together and succeeds, I think the fans will get exactly what they want, just not in the manner they expected. I am sure Isles fans would give up the Snow Must Go shtick if we were a playoff contender, just as they believe Snow getting canned would be the first step to becoming one.

Billboard won't pay any affect on Snow's status, but continuing to lose and the arena being even more empty will (might...) Whether this billboard has any effect is unknown. But if it makes the team worse and Ownership is forced to move Snow out, the fans win. On the cotnrary, if the team starts playign with energy and a fire that leads to winning, the fans also win.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I truly understand one can be grateful for being brought here and given a career and such...hell being brought anywhere...any career.
But, do the players really not see that something is fundamentally flawed with this team...or even with them?
Either the front office is not getting it done, the coaching staff is not getting it done....the players suck...or all of the above.
The players all say we have to play better....so, do i assume then they suck, since they are not playing better?....that they are incapable of following capable coaching?....capable leadership?....or is the coaching and leadership to blame as the players are doing exactly as they are shown and told???

I really give up...a heartless team with so little true accountability and honesty right now.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
So the billboards go up in 2 days?

I live down the block from Barclays so I'll snap some beautiful photos.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Two Billboards Outside Barclays Center (2018)

One is at Flatbush and 6th Ave, the other is at Atlantic and Classon Ave.

I bet the majority of people who see those billboards are scratching their heads thinking, what the hell does snow must go mean?

Last edited:

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007

I have to say this underlying theme that is rising recently of the Islanders as a team vs. their own fans because we have finally decided to voice our opinions is rubbing me the wrong way and honestly making this team even more unlikeable than they already are. We all fully understand the players are not going to skate out with patches on their jersey that say Snow must go, but they could just stay out of it and say nothing at all. This thing of blocking fans who point out the truth and players publicly coming out and saying they do not support the movement is absurd. We are the ones paying your bloated undeserved salaries. If you love Snow so much and hate fans that want the team to make changes that would lead to success, then enjoy playing in an empty arena with your beloved GM.

Reactions: islesfan3991

C24

Jan 25, 2018
If the team likes Snow then it has a loser mentality.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Apparently Mayfield has been blocking people who are anti Snow. Kinda funny.

haha, as expected, the moronic worst fan base in pro sports is just dying to making themselves hated the players, definitely going to work well in the future in getting players to re-sign and sign here, and good luck getting a GM who is disered who is going to want to GM here once he sees this billboard, as I always said I blame the "fan base" as much as the management for the Islanders futility over the last couple of decades.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
haha, as expected, the moronic worst fan base in pro sports is just dying to making themselves hated the players, definitely going to work well in the future in getting players to re-sign and sign here, and good luck getting a GM who is disered who is going to want to GM here once he sees this billboard, as I always said I blame the "fan base" as much as the management for the Islanders futility over the last couple of decades.
You’re so clueless it’s comical.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
Anyone who is willing to face reality knows that they team has brought this upon itself.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
sure they do, or maybe they just realize how awful the fan base is and do not want to do with these people, good luck getting these people to want to fight for you come playoff time
Their no shows and letting JT get abused for years shows they are mental weaklings.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
sure they do, or maybe they just realize how awful the fan base is and do not want to do with these people, good luck getting these people to want to fight for you come playoff time
ROFL! So they will not fight for themselves during the playoffs? You just proved my point.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I bet the majority of people who see those billboards, are scratching their heads thinking, what the hell does snow must go mean?
Lol some might think it’s for the Bahamas Tourism Council.

Reactions: eoin92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad