Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The "Long Island Hockey Fans" seems to be a thinly veiled jab at the team moving to Brooklyn. Would've made more sense if Ledecky and Malkin were still undecided about where to move the team.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They kept the design simple and that may be related to cost contraints. I would assume, and I could be completely wrong, the more intricate the design, the higher the cost of production.

Typically the cost is related to how many colors are used in a design. An extremely intricate design can be cheap if it's only one color and a really simple one can be costly if they use a ton of colors. I've never done a billboard myself, but I assume industry standards hold true in that form as well.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Typically the cost is related to how many colors are used in a design. An extremely intricate design can be cheap if it's only one color and a really simple one can be costly if they use a ton of colors. I've never done a billboard myself, but I assume industry standards hold true in that form as well.

Billboards are almost always done 4 color.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

Pathetic and embaressing, going to ensure the Islanders futility for a long time, but as long as the "fans" are going to have a chuckle out if it since they are not able to pick on Bailey or Strait anymore that is what is important.

Reactions: bigd

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Pathetic and embaressing, going to ensure the Islanders futility for a long time, but as long as the "fans" are going to have a chuckle out if it since they are not able to pick on Bailey or Strait anymore that is what is important.

Really curious about you as a human being. Where do you live? What's your age? What do you do for a living? Are you single...Married...Divorced...? Do you live with your family?

Reactions: C24 and Eberzal

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Really curious about you as a human being. Where do you live? What's your age? What do you do for a living? Are you single...Married...Divorced...? Do you live with your family?

You really know how to make another guy jealous, don't you?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
You really know how to make another guy jealous, don't you?

Not my goal, but good to know I have another indirect skill.

Have you tried Tinder lately?

Unfortunately met my wife just before Tinder arrived. Would have liked to give that a go.

Could've saved yourself a lot of typing and just wrote "a/s/l?"

Aside from the fact I'm not hip to all the lingo these days...With that particular poster I wanted to make sure I spelled out everything in long-form so he couldn't retort with, "You see...It's people who use abbreviations that are destroying this franchise."

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
It’s to bad Ledecky is ducking clueless. We already have one of the smallest fan bases in the league and Ledecky compounds the problem by keeping Snow around.

If they go into Belmont as a playoff pretender get ready for 8-9K by December when the new building smell wears off.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Simple is fine. It's a simple message. I love simple. However, I don't think they should have used the sweater nameplate font in the design. It can be confusing and to some degree ropes the players and team into it unwittingly. I also think they should have said "New York Islanders fans" to reinforce the name.

I agree. They probably didn't do that because of trademark infringement, but let NYI send them a cease and desist, and take it down. Would be mad free publicity.

The Long Island Hockey Fans thing needlessly complicates the message.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I agree. They probably didn't do that because of trademark infringement

I thought of that, and I came to the same conclusion. The billboard company may have put up a wall, but based on some of the decisions behind this thing, it probably didn't get that far.

Reactions: dano16

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Look at this other moronic set of fans who care so much about their team that they are trying to implement change....

Just don't bring a sign to the arena to express your feelings. Melnyk had security remove a fan for a sign expressing their feelings on which of Melnyk and Karlsson they'd like to see stay and which they'd like to see go.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Just don't bring a sign to the arena to express your feelings. Melnyk had security remove a fan for a sign expressing their feelings on which of Melnyk and Karlsson they'd like to see stay and which they'd like to see go.

No doubt Snow would do the same thing. After all he banned a writer one time.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
The best thing about this trade deadline is those billboards.

Yes, better than Davidson and Wagner.

Once JTs futures is determined, Snow should be fired regardless of the outcome. Based on the theories, it would make sense Malkin does not want to rock the boat given Snow and Tavares history.

Missing the playoffs two years in a row coupled with the amount of goals the team let’s up and Greiss and Ladds performance, that is grounds for dismissal in any respectable organization. Can’t believe I’m trying to justify why this Circus should be torn down

Reactions: C24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad