Fans raise money to put up anti-Garth billboard outside Barclays

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
If the team is so soft that a fan billboard makes them lose than all the players should be shown the door with Snow!

ok and than what? we call up the Sound tigers? maybe the idiotic fan base should realize that them being awful fans has a result of the players wanting to be here and try here, but yea chase all the players out and make the ones who are here not motivated to win for the fans.

But as I always said it is not about product, it is about this fan-base for some reason loving to find a person in the organization and making them the scapegoat for all the teams woes.

C24

Jan 25, 2018
ok and than what? we call up the Sound tigers? maybe the idiotic fan base should realize that them being awful fans has a result of the players wanting to be here and try here, but yea chase all the players out and make the ones who are here not motivated to win for the fans.

But as I always said it is not about product, it is about this fan-base for some reason loving to find a person in the organization and making them the scapegoat for all the teams woes.
Snow built the team. Players and coaches. He is to blame.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Honestly, if players want to back up Snow to great extents, they need to head out the door with him. I understand they can't come out against him, but actively backing him up and defending him to the death shows just how deep the infection runs. Everyone in this organization, from management to players, from guys like Prince to Tavares, need to be held accountable and if they're going to accept mediocrity, ship them out. No one should be safe.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Snow looks like a genius based on some of the moves he has made in recent years, I am guessing if he is let go he is going to be snatched up on a team who has resources and where desired players are interested in signing and he is going to be a success.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Snow looks like a genius based on some of the moves he has made in recent years, I am guessing if he is let go he is going to be snatched up on a team who has resources and where desired players are interested in signing and he is going to be a success.

I'm sorry, but he's the GM, he has resources and possibilities to make the Isles a team players are interested in signing and turning them into a successful franchise. Somehow for the last way-too-many-years he didn't even make a move into that direction. The moment he goes somewhere else, he's turning the team into second Islanders.

Maybe then we could form a club of teams which were destroyed by Mr. Snow. Make T-shirts and everything.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

You had me going for a bit. Now I know you're just messing around.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
If Garth Snow is a genius, I would hate to meet an idiot. I mean if Snow is a genius and he got us one playoff series win, imagine how bad we would be with an idiot at the helm, I guess one less playoff series win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12Dog and SteveH124

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The people who put up this billboard totally deserve Garth. They complicated their message with Brooklyn/LI dynamic, and their ridiculous Kancer Jam stunt. Congratulations.

4a4.gif

Fans who don't want to tolerate mediocrity and try to do something about it >>>>>>>>>> Fans who make fun of them while mediocrity is happening right in front of them

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
tbh anyone who @'s Scott Mayfield in a tweet about Snow deserves to be blocked. not because i like snow, just because it's a **** move.

I'm the most anti-snow person here and I agree with this.

Now Ledecky on the other hand...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I bet the majority of people who see those billboards, are scratching their heads thinking, what the hell does snow must go mean?

100% correct.

The billboards are a fail because they should be addressing specifically Ledecky - Not the general public. Call him out since he's the only person who can make snow "go."

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If the team likes Snow then it has a loser mentality.

Not sure the team likes snow as much as they are defending the guy who can not sign them/trade them to another city.

If you brought Steve Yzerman in this summer to GM this team, find me the current Islander who would say, "Yeah - Steve's nice and all, but I really would've preferred snow."

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
I don't blame the players for supporting snow who gets them their contracts. The players should support who ever is in charge. That's called being a professional.
With that said none of this joke of a team is on the fan base. I have been to many professional sporting events in many different venues. Aside from a few concerts I have never heard a building louder then that first game against Toronto in 2002....period. Us fans are pissed and hurt as we have endured so much bullshit we are salivating at having a contender. That's why a majority of us want snow out. That's why we can't understand what the owners are doing and why. That's why the billboard went up. And if this current team needs an "us against the world (fanbase)" attitude just to make the playoffs then this house of cards needs to come down. That 2002 team would kick this teams ass.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
For those of you that remember...The players also supported Milbury...And wang.

Basically public comments mean little.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just wondering: how many NHL GM's stay in power for 12 years despite only making the playoffs 4 times? Name another organization where that total incompetence would be tolerated?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm the most anti-snow person here and I agree with this.

Now Ledecky on the other hand...
I agree because after the contract Garth gave him Mayfield should have one of those Mexican velvet paintings of Garth hanging in his living room. Of course he's going to love the guy.

Reactions: MattBarzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad