FA Game #2 by Soli, TP, and JW

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
I think you underestimate how little value Mike Smith has, he practically has negative value. I haven't responded to a lot of posts saying I got "wrecked" or made a bad trade, because ultimately, this is a game, but given how little Smith has, how much of an upgrade Fleury is on him, and that these are all secondary (not all of these are well, exactly guaranteed to even make the NHL) after I've gone ahead and now have basically a contender in place, I would say it's a pretty good deal considering that.

Ultimately a good goalie in Fleury will help a lot more than having 3 prospects who may or may not ever make the step to the NHL for a team that wants to contend now.

And that's what Tippett wants, regardless of how I feel.

I agree with this statement.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:avs

Matt-Duchene.jpg

To :isles
Matt Duchene
2017 5th Round Pick

To :avs
2017 15th Overall Pick
Michael Dal Colle
Travis Hamonic
Linus Soderstrom

The Matt Duchene saga in Colorado is over. We would like to wish him all the best as we believe he should strive on Doug Weight's invigorated Islanders team.

We are extremely happy to obtain four pieces we think will truly shape the dynamic of this team moving forward. Travis Hamonic, who will immediately upgrade our defense with his hard-nosed style and leadership, a former top 5 pick in Michael Dal Colle who we are excited to watch as he makes strides towards the NHL level, and the 15th overall pick.

We are also very excited to add record breaking Swedish netminder Linus Soderstrom. Colorado loves everything about this guy from his determination overcoming mental illness to his extremely high level of play. We look forward to see what advances he can make next year in Sweden.​

:isles confirm

We let go of three quality players and people, but Duchene is the absolute perfect fit for this team as a high end 2nd line center, who will immediately contribute to our even strength scoring and face-off percentage.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:vegas and :flames

In a deal that has been in the works for a while

:flames

Phillip Grubauer
Alex Petrovic

:vegas

rights to Brandon Hickey
2017 1st
2018 3rd

also

:vegas and :wings

:wings

Ville Pokka

Dominic Turgeon

Thanks again to Detroit for helping us out with the expansion draft wrinkle

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
:vegas and :flames

In a deal that has been in the works for a while

:flames

Phillip Grubauer
Alex Petrovic

rights to Brandon Hickey
2017 1st
2018 3rd

also

:vegas and :wings

:wings

Ville Pokka

Dominic Turgeon

Thanks again to Detroit for helping us out with the expansion draft wrinkle
:flames confirm, some assets we did not want to give up, but You have to give to get in this league. We feel we have acquired 2 players that will be with us for a long time and they fit in with the age group of the rest of our core.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:flyers :nashville

9857035-nhl-montreal-canadiens-at-philadelphia-flyers-850x560.jpeg

The Nashville Predators have acquired star centerman Claude Giroux from the Philadelphia Flyers, in exchange for defenseman Dante Fabbro, center Vladislav Kamenev, and the Predators 2017 1st round selection. As part of the deal, Philadelphia will retain $1.25M a year for the duration of the remaining years of Giroux's contract.

"This was a difficult deal to make, moving out two really high-end young players whom we had hoped to make part of our core group one day, but the opportunity to acquire a player of Claude's caliber with a reasonable financial commitment does not present itself often. Claude will immediately improve all aspects of our game, slotting into our top six and special teams units. His offensive skill level, defensive acumen, and leadership abilities will help to solidify the strength of our forward group - one that was already among the league's best. Peter Laviolette's rave reviews from his time coaching in Philly played a big role in our decision to pursue a deal for Claude. With this addition,
we believe that we are in a position to do something that few, if any, teams are able to do - that being that we can ice a team that features two legitimate top line centers, top line wingers, and number one defensemen. Our run this past playoffs is no-doubt just the beginning of an era of success in Nashville."

:flyers

Confirmed.

It was a very difficult move to make but at the end of the day we are happy to give Claude the opportunity to join a contender. We are also fine with the return we got considering that we are really high on Fabbro and Kamenev (especially Fabbro).

In other news, we have re-signed Shayne Gostisbehere to a 4 years contract worth 4.5M$ per season.

AnArmchairScout

Jun 18, 2016
:caps re-sign their RFAs.

Evgeny Kuznetsov: 8 years, $7.5m per
Andre Burakovsky: 4 years, $4.25m per
Brett Connolly: 1 year, $1.0m per
Nate Schmidt: 2 years, $2m per
Dmitri Orlov: 3 years, $3.25m per

Qualifing Offers:
Darren Dietz
Liam O'Brien
Nathan Walker
Chandler Stephenson
Travis Boyd
Christian Djoos
Cody Corbett

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
:sabres re-sign

Marcus Foligno - 2 years @ $2,750,000
Johan Larsson - 2 years @ $2,250,000
Zemgus Girgensons - 2 years @ $2,000,000

QOs
Brady Austin
Justin Kea
Jean Dupuy
Evan Rodrigues
Linus Ullmark

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

100px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

receive

#30/#31 overall (NSH)
Michal Neuvirth

100px-Philadelphia_Flyers.svg.png

receive

Petr Mrazek
#88 overall

Deal is contingent on Neuvirth passing a team physical.

Red Wings GM nbonaddio was reached for comment and had this priceless bit of insight to add to our collective understanding of the nature of team stewardship: "Rebuilding is binary; either you are or you aren't. We thank Petr for his service and wish him well in Philadelphia; Jimmy Howard will hold the fort while we develop our array of young talent. We've got three first-round picks in a strong draft class and a ton of young, fast, skilled forwards - our fans are going to love what's on the other side."

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

100px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

receive

#30/#31 overall (NSH)
Michal Neuvirth

100px-Philadelphia_Flyers.svg.png

receive

Petr Mrazek
#88 overall

Deal is contingent on Neuvirth passing a team physical.

Red Wings GM nbonaddio was reached for comment and had this priceless bit of insight to add to our collective understanding of the nature of team stewardship: "Rebuilding is binary; either you are or you aren't. We thank Petr for his service and wish him well in Philadelphia; Jimmy Howard will hold the fort while we develop our array of young talent. We've got three first-round picks in a strong draft class and a ton of young, fast, skilled forwards - our fans are going to love what's on the other side."

Confirmed.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

GM AslanRH has an offspring graduating and will be out of touch most of the evening. Will try to check in by phone occasionally.

Would like to add a few more blocks to our long term foundation by/during the draft.
We have extra FWDs, and Goalies.
Would also consider full retention on Lehtonen and Orpik if you are so inclined.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Still around but after four important trades, we might be quiet before the draft.

It looks like we will keep the 2nd overall but we will listen if you come with an elite young RW to fit with our young core.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Read this

:nhl

The draft will be held tomorrow, Saturday, May 27th at 8pm ET.

Please check all picks in the draft order to make sure everything is correct. If there is a mistake, it cannot be changed once the draft is started, so take the time to go into the draft thread and confirm everything is good.

Rules of the draft:

1) If you plan to attend, please send myself and JW a PM. This will allow you to make your selection live, as you will have a 5 minute time limit to do so.

2) If you cannot attend but would like to make your own selection, please send a list to both myself and JW. From this list, you will get your player selected. I will do the 1st round live, and will auto the 2nd round.

Please note that this time, the top 3 picks will not be randomed - they will go by the straight ranking on www.draftsite.com

***INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN YOUR LIST! I WILL NOT LOOK YOU UP!***

3) If neither of the first two conditions are met, you will be auto'd. No exceptions whatsoever.

***WHAT WILL AUTO MEAN? It will mean that if you're not around and haven't sent a list for round 1, you'll be auto'd one of the next 5 guys on the auto list. This will be determined by random number generation, and is intended to simulate the independent valuation some teams have over other guys in the draft. The auto list will be taken from the mock draft at www.draftsite.com

4) The first round will be live, the second round will be by list or auto'd (straight from list, no randomization). Rounds 3 and 4 will take place, fully auto'd, on Sunday by JW.

5) Refresh often. I will make one post per selection.

6) Every team has the ability to call one, and one only, 5 minute "timeout" if a trade is being negotiated. The trade must be sent confirmed to myself and JW within the 5 minutes. On the 6th minute, you'll have the balance of your 5 minutes to make a selection. After that, you get auto'd. Again, no exceptions.

7) Once your selection has been auto'd, you will be auto'd for the remainder of the draft. Once again, no exceptions.

I know people see me as a hard ass in how I do this, and that's fine - I just ask that everyone follow the rules because keeping all 31 teams accounted for and tracked is a lot more work than you may think!

Remember to send lists or RSVP that you will be picking live, and also to verify the draft order for any problems. Once we start, we don't stop!

Last edited:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:nhl

The draft will be held tomorrow, Saturday, May 27th at 8pm ET.

Please check all picks in the draft order to make sure everything is correct. If there is a mistake, it cannot be changed once the draft is started, so take the time to go into the draft thread and confirm everything is good.

Rules of the draft:

1) If you plan to attend, please send myself and JW a PM. This will allow you to make your selection live, as you will have a 5 minute time limit to do so.

2) If you cannot attend but would like to make your own selection, please send a list to both myself and JW. From this list, you will get your player selected. I will do the 1st round live, and will auto the 2nd round.

Please note that this time, the top 3 picks will not be randomed - they will go by the straight ranking on www.draftsite.com

***INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN YOUR LIST! I WILL NOT LOOK YOU UP!***

3) If neither of the first two conditions are met, you will be auto'd. No exceptions whatsoever.

***WHAT WILL AUTO MEAN? It will mean that if you're not around and haven't sent a list for round 1, you'll be auto'd one of the next 5 guys on the auto list. This will be determined by random number generation, and is intended to simulate the independent valuation some teams have over other guys in the draft. The auto list will be taken from the mock draft at www.draftsite.com

4) The first round will be live, the second round will be by list or auto'd (straight from list, no randomization). Rounds 3 and 4 will take place, fully auto'd, on Sunday by JW.

5) Refresh often. I will make one post per selection.

6) Every team has the ability to call one, and one only, 5 minute "timeout" if a trade is being negotiated. The trade must be sent confirmed to myself and RR within the 5 minutes. On the 6th minute, you'll have the balance of your 5 minutes to make a selection. After that, you get auto'd. Again, no exceptions.

7) Once your selection has been auto'd, you will be auto'd for the remainder of the draft. Once again, no exceptions.

I know people see me as a hard ass in how I do this, and that's fine - I just ask that everyone follow the rules because keeping all 30 teams accounted for and tracked is a lot more work than you may think!

Remember to send lists or RSVP that you will be picking live, and also to verify the draft order for any problems. Once we start, we don't stop!

Even you don't read this wall of text. :sarcasm:

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:bolts

Contacting GMs and finalizing offers for Drouin. Decision will be made tonight whether he stays or which deal I'll end up taking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad