Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.1%

• Total voters

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't know if our D looks that great. Look at the holes we had last year. Matheson and Savard out in a few years and you're left with Guhle and hoping Hutson/Reinbacher become studs. Mailloux not sure he's more than bottom pair and Harris/Struble are ordinary. Arber is at best a top 4. So, no, we are far from the defense like Vegas, Dallas, Hurricanes, etc.

Imagine if you add Buium/Dickinson to Reinbacher + Hutson, that's a big 3. Then add Arber that's a much more elite defense than what we are hoping right now.

While up front, you can build around Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield and Dach. Then you get another asset through trade or FA to complement them. It's possible
Yes because high profile FAs that actually make a difference are known to come to Montreal.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
There was a tweet recently from Beaudoin who said the Habs really love Sennecke. He said they see him him in their soup.

If Demidov and Lindstrom are taken, he may be our guy.
Not sure Beaudoin is a reliable source.

But i wouldn’t be surprised if he is their guy if they miss on Demidov/Lindstrom. With Iginla in the mix.

He is exactly their type of player, he has size AND the skill.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Sennecke didn't play tonight. Parascak has missed the last couple of games. Are all 24 Draft eligibles glass bodies?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Went through the this already Le Gros Bill was signed as UFA to the largest contract handed out by an NHL team at the time, not drafted & developed by Habs

He was signed as a pro - QSHL was a pro league, when Beliveau was signed to a contract at 22, he had started his career there at 15

Habs had brought him up for max allowable GP for an amateur from the time he was 18-20
Didn't the Habs buy the QSHL so they could sign him or am I thinking of someone else?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
yeah, it's not bad but there's not much coming (Beck and Kapanen seem... fine).
if the Habs are going to be contenders, it would be nice for Caufield to be pushed down to the 2nd line. i'd like for Newhook and Roy to be 3rd liners who can move up due to injuries or for matchup purposes. that means adding two surefire top 6 forwards who will create that internal competition - maybe one comes via trade.

i just don't see how Eiserman complements the existing pieces, or elevates them.
I don’t think Caufield needs to be ‘pushed’ to the second line but I have no issue with us putting him there. I think he’d be really good with Dach and give us two good lines. The lines can be completed with Roy on the 2nd and Newhook on the first. I think CC breaks out this year (one year late) regardless of what line he’s on.

Or they could move Slaf with Dach… lots of options. Regardless, I’d like us to get another stud forward. I think Lidstrom would give us a really cool dimension.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
“Next summer will be even more important”. That quote tells all.

That doesn't tell anything it's just a vague statement lol.

I'm sure if there's a great deal for the Winnipeg pick they'll take it however if there isn't I'm also sure they'll look at options of moving up into the mid teens or even just making the pick. That's my point.

This draft is pretty deep and there's gonna be talent in the late teens and early 20's. They'll be looking at that, trust me.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
I think it’s 80% likely that they’re gone. That’s the main reason we are all debating who is the next best forward.
It depends on the lottery. If the Sharks don't get the #1 pick, then I think the odds improve drastically, as they will likely go with a D. The Habs are essentially wishing that as many D's as possible are picked top 5.

The best case scenario, excluding of course actually winning the lottery, would be the Ducks or Jackets winning the Celebrini lottery, as they seem to me like the least Defense needy teams in the top 5.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It depends on the lottery. If the Sharks don't get the #1 pick, then I think the odds improve drastically, as they will likely go with a D. The Habs are essentially wishing that as many D's as possible are picked top 5.

The best case scenario, excluding of course actually winning the lottery, would be the Ducks or Jackets winning the Celebrini lottery, as they seem to me like the least Defense needy teams in the top 5.

Ducks want a RD.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'll be one pissy bitch if Demidov and Lindstrom are both gone by the time we pick.

I think there is a chance both slip a bit.

* Demidov and the Russian factor. Doesn't seem like an issue like Michkov though. He should still go top 5 however. How much actual scouting has there been in Russia? I think scouts are evaluating from word of mouth with their contacts.

* Lindstrom and his injuries. I think there is a fair chance he goes 5-10. NHL combine and interviews will be a big factor with Lindstrom.

Where you would be pissy is if they are both on the board when we pick and we pass on both of them.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Why exactly?
After Celebrini, they are arguably the two best fwd prospects available and we need forwards.

If Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Levshunov are selected, we are left with a bunch of LHD options which we are already saturated with…..under this scenario, insert pissy mood.

Not a devastating scenario but certainly not ideal

Reactions: NobleSix

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If the Peg's pick ends up being 24th, how far up the draft can we move if we couple it with Jordan Harris? He was a 3rd round pick but time and development have been invested in this kid and he is an NHL defenceman. Stand alone, I'd say he's worth a late 1st round. So two late-1st-rounders, Harris and Winnipeg's pick equal what exactly?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
After Celebrini, they are arguably the two best fwd prospects available and we need forwards.

If Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Levshunov are selected, we are left with a bunch of LHD options which we are already saturated with…..under this scenario, insert pissy mood.

Not a devastating scenario but certainly not ideal
All the other forwards you did not list are just as good like Iginla, Sennecke or Catton. I could even add Helenius to this list who will also become a good player.

It's nothing to be mad about.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
If the Peg's pick ends up being 24th, how far up the draft can we move if we couple it with Jordan Harris? He was a 3rd round pick but time and development have been invested in this kid and he is an NHL defenceman. Stand alone, I'd say he's worth a late 1st round. So two late-1st-rounders, Harris and Winnipeg's pick equal what exactly?
I'd assume Harris is valued as a late 2nd for some teams so if you bundle him with the 24th it might get you something around 16-18

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
No longer speculation scouts are increasingly liking Sennecke with a top 5 and top 10 vote.
If he comes back in the finals and keeps lighting it up, he might even jump some of the top guys.

Basically if Demidov is gone at 2, the hope is they can jump over 4 and make sure they get Lindstrom at 3rd.

If not then i'd seriously consider trading down to grab Sennecke and hopefully another mid teens pick. Or just take him 5th.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Clearly the Habs want Demidov but if that doesn't come to fruition, it really feels like Lindstrom would be the bet they'd want to make.

After that, I just don't know but I can see them being interested in Sennecke.

Not the best sources but some speculation that Columbus is high on Sennecke (makes sense since Grant is and we know Timmins is his boy) and that Anaheim is very high on Helenius.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I really hope that after tonight, the only debate on this thread is who we are picking with the Jets pick.

Enough of the Demi, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Helenius, Sennecke, Eiserman or a BPA defender talk. Bring on Celebrini baby!

Then we can discuss the Jets pick or opportunities to move up and get one of the guys above!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad