F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
another 3 points last night
if this guy was eligeable this year he would go #2 or #1
forget let alone 2020

still has another 2 yrs in the Q

Reactions: Ranger Spice

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Rimouski is heading in to a game 7 against Moncton tomorrow. Should be interesting to see the result. If Rimouski happens to lose the U18 squad will be getting quite the boost.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I think he'd go 3rd overall this year, maybe contending with Svechnikov for 2nd

i would have him # 2 over svech for two reasons
alex has played center and there is a lack of topline centers in this draft

and i am not sold on the 100% commitment on russians to the nhl over the long haul when things get rough

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

and i am not sold on the 100% commitment on russians to the nhl over the long haul when things get rough
If Alexis isn't playing C in juniors full-time, I doubt he will in the NHL.

Also the Russian bit is stupid- generally players only go back to Russia when they've busted, and guys playing juniors in NA especially

Reactions: L13

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
If Alexis isn't playing C in juniors full-time, I doubt he will in the NHL.

Also the Russian bit is stupid- generally players only go back to Russia when they've busted, and guys playing juniors in NA especially

Valeri Nichushkin

bye

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Doesn't seem like he's having a great game 7. No point and -2 after 2 and his team is trailing 4-3. Will be interesting to see how he does in the 3rd!

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
and Rimouski lineup compared to Halifax
makes it even more crazy
Rimouski was supposed to be middle to low this year
I don't think that Halifax was supposed to challenge for the Maritime division at the start of the year. They were still a really young team with a couple veterans thrown in there. Zadina worked out well. Somppi was fantastic and who would have thought that Lavoie would be in top 10 of 2019 conversation after putting up a handful of points in half a season last year. Halifax finished 1 point ahead of Rimouski last year and that point cost them a crack at Lafreniere. Wouldn't that have been nice. We like Parent though

L13

Oct 1, 2015

He's "played centre" in the same way every talented player has played centre at some point. He's a winger (and that's totally okay, but people need to accept it).

The xenophobic comment about Svechnikov is also way off base given how hard he pushed to play in North America two years before his draft. It's obvious he's wanted to play in the NHL for a long time.

Reactions: RebuildTheRebuild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad