F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
xeno..comment ?

where does that come from ? idi**otic statement

bolting for the khl is an option , nothing wrong with ....that but ask dallas, ask new jersey etc,...

so before you open your trap think

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
He didn't come to NA to play juniors. Svechnikov has pretty clearly demonstrated that playing in the NHL is a priority for him. If it weren't he'd be in Russia right now.

i guess neither radulov, kostisyn etc all played their jr in canada..and many more
so not sure your point

i will refocus on what started this
all things being equal ( talent , character etc..) between svech and lafr.
and if laf. was 2018 draft eligeable, i would choose local kid

but since this is not happening i guess its a mute point

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
i guess neither radulov, kostisyn etc all played their jr in canada..and many more
so not sure your point

i will refocus on what started this
all things being equal ( talent , character etc..) between svech and lafr.
and if laf. was 2018 draft eligeable, i would choose local kid

but since this is not happening i guess its a mute point
Radulov and Kostitsyn only came over after they were drafted.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Looking real good putting up points in u18

this guy is a gamer

i said he would be challenging for 1st overall this year

and he still has 2 yrs to the draft
:laugh:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
aside from the goal how did he play

probably top 3 on he CDN squad today
always a smart play
calm, makes most of his opportunities and always "stealth mode" dangerous is what i can decribe it

others I will say imo took big drops ; some I am wondering how they where even invited

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Anyone know, or have an opinion, on if this kid gets a shot at the WJC this winter?

Should 100% be on the team, he’s an 01 so he will be 17 when the tournament rolls around and I don’t think there’s 13 better forwards then him that will be available.

Reactions: Acadien86

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've seen him play a few times now, and I don't see him as an obvious 1OA type of player. To be fair, I don't see Hughes as that either. I don't think either of them are McDavid-tier, and I question whether they are Dahlin, Eichel, Matthews tier.

Lafreniere has such great hands, hockey IQ and finishing ability. I think he'll be a big time-scorer in the NHL. And he does that without blazing speed. But the lack of blazing speed and the position he plays is what I think could keep him from being 1OA in 2020. He's likely the odds on favorite, but I don't think he's a lock for 1OA.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
You the few doubters are forgetting how many summers and seasons he haves to get even better what he is today.
Alexis is nuts-o good today, imagine what he can do after ; 2018 summer training, 2018-2019 season, 2019 summer training,
2019-2020 season, 2020 summer training, all the other stuff prior to most likely 2020-2021 NHL rookie season,
sooooooooo much going to include in that period of time, so much.

I'm stating it right here, right now; he is ahead of Connor McDavid (16 vs 16), time will tell does his development go hand in hand,
does his development surpass him, or...what most of us don't want, does his development arch go down.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
You the few doubters are forgetting how many summers and seasons he haves to get even better what he is today.
Alexis is nuts-o good today, imagine what he can do after ; 2018 summer training, 2018-2019 season, 2019 summer training,
2019-2020 season, 2020 summer training, all the other stuff prior to most likely 2020-2021 NHL rookie season,
sooooooooo much going to include in that period of time, so much.

I'm stating it right here, right now; he is ahead of Connor McDavid (16 vs 16), time will tell does his development go hand in hand,
does his development surpass him, or...what most of us don't want, does his development arch go down.

I’d pump the breaks on saying 16 year old Lafreniere is better than 16 year old McDavid.

16 year old McDavid had 99 points in 56 games and played at the World Juniors, 15 year old McDavid also dominated the U-18 as a double underager to the tune of 14 points in 7 games and had 9 points in 5 games at the U17 that yesr as well.

16 year old Lafreniere had 80 points in 60 games, fantastic season no doubt. His PPG rate is also solid at the U17 and we’ll see what happens at the U18. Either way though, whatever he does at the U18 playing against guys 1 year older then him is not as impressive as McDavid playing against guys 2 years older then him at the same event.

I think Lafreniere is one of the best talents to come out of the Q in a long time but having seen a lot of both McDavid and Lafreniere at 16 years old, it’s not really a comparison. McDavid at 16 is a ways ahead of Lafreniere.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
what u mean

q has been producing as much high end talent as anyone

mooseheads alone have dominated the last 5 drafts as well as this one

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Lafreniere seems more like Tavares than McDavid, both in skill set and likely trajectory over the coming two years. He's certainly a remarkable talent, but he has two years before his draft for scouts to pick at his skating, just as they did Tavares'.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Lafreniere seems more like Tavares than McDavid, both in skill set and likely trajectory over the coming two years. He's certainly a remarkable talent, but he has two years before his draft for scouts to pick at his skating, just as they did Tavares'.
What the hell is this myth? His skating is very powerful and the TSN crew were salivating over it all game. He’s not McDavid but these last few comments are a joke, and I’m having trouble believing those who made them have watched him at all.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
I've seen him play a few times now, and I don't see him as an obvious 1OA type of player. To be fair, I don't see Hughes as that either. I don't think either of them are McDavid-tier, and I question whether they are Dahlin, Eichel, Matthews tier.

Lafreniere has such great hands, hockey IQ and finishing ability. I think he'll be a big time-scorer in the NHL. And he does that without blazing speed. But the lack of blazing speed and the position he plays is what I think could keep him from being 1OA in 2020. He's likely the odds on favorite, but I don't think he's a lock for 1OA.

Lol
where you watching the right lafreniere ?

horrible assesment

Reactions: Acadien86

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006

He's a center who played wing this year because he was on a line with Dove-McFalls who won 60+ percent of his draws and is an elite defensive center at that level (he centered Veleno the year before). He will likely move back next year.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He's a center who played wing this year because he was on a line with Dove-McFalls who won 60+ percent of his draws and is an elite defensive center at that level (he centered Veleno the year before). He will likely move back next year.

He will not be a C, he’s a winger.

Reactions: L13

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
He will not be a C, he’s a winger.

He's been one his whole career outside of this year. And this is exactly what Saint John did with Veleno, so that he could practice his faceoffs every day but not take draws in game situations when he doesn't have the strength to win them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad