F Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski Oceanic, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Not very good at C?

I watched him for the first time yesterday. against Acadie-Bathurst. He seems like a true winger, he's very strong on the board as he had good battles against Noah Dobson who was matched against him all game long. I was really impressed at how much he wants the puck and how hard he works to get it. He also has a physical side to his game, delivering nice hits to seperate the opposite player from the puck. He might be able to play at center but I wouldn't move him from the wing as it seems to be his position.

Last edited:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Sooner or later the mainstream media will get a hold of this guy. Just incredible what he is doing.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I would compare Lafrienere to Vincent Lecavalier at the same age...I have watched both play for Rimouski and Lafriener has same body type and same playing still IMO..........Also someone above posted for 2021 not sure of someone Carson Lambos is a guy to watch out for out west.

Reactions: 99664987

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I would compare Lafrienere to Vincent Lecavalier at the same age...I have watched both play for Rimouski and Lafriener has same body type and same playing still IMO..........Also someone above posted for 2021 not sure of someone Carson Lambos is a guy to watch out for out west.

Word around town was that he'd be somewhere between Crosby and Lecavalier in terms of talent. So far that would seem accurate, although a lot hinges on how much he can build on his current success over the next two seasons.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Not to be negative but as good as he is, lets see how he performs in the playoffs. Last year in MAAA, he was invisible.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, how is his skating?

His skating is above average, very agile, powerful and fluid on his skate, also has great edgework.

Not to be negative but as good as he is, lets see how he performs in the playoffs. Last year in MAAA, he was invisible.

I can see him being shutdown in the playoffs as he will always be matched up against older and bigger defensemen. He didn't have much space when he was paired against Dobson at even strength last Sunday. However, I expect him to absolutely crush the league next year, playoffs included.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Impressive. So he should be a shoe in for the u18 tournaments? I want to get a chance to see him.

I’m doubtful he ever plays at the U-18’s, I fully expect Rimouski to be deep in the playoffs this year and I’d expect the same next year. He’ll be at the Hlinka this summer but as far as the U18 tournaments go, he likely never suits up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad