NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Pretty sad that the NFL finally starts to get tough on these d-bags that beat women and then a court comes along and says its cool go ahead and beat your women just make sure that they aren't perftect witness when you choose your victim.

Due process is a thing. Also maybe the NFL can get tough when they actually have a case and try not to hide evidence and breach the CBA.

Oct 18, 2011
Zeke did plenty of things

This was a culmination of events here

Also once again leaks coming out favorable for Zeke. Its clear he or NFLPA is doing leaks which is designed to try and influence media coverage/fans
You're wrong, Henderson made very clear the things outside of the DV were not related to the suspension. So you cant say that

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
so the NFL had their lead investigator Kim Roberts, and told her go ahead and interview as many folks as possible. Money is no issue.
Kim Roberts went back to the PA after all the work she put in and basically told the PA that the NFL really has no case and that Elliot should not be suspended.
Roberts was not allowed in the room for the appeal hearing.
Roberts basically had issue with Elliots girlfriend, or ex credibility. The judge basically felt that there is more to this story that the NFL is showing(with holding certain evidence) and basically called everyone out for Elliot not having a fair hearing where all voices could be heard.
of course this really should come as no surprise really. Goodell and the owners make things up as they go along. Of course maybe if the NFLPA had a backbone at the last CBA they wouldnt be in this mess. But they didnt want to miss a game check and they caved.
That is one thing they are never getting back IMO.
Look I have no idea if Elliot is guilty or not. the authorities havent even brought up legal charges against him. This all comes down to the code of conduct policy with the league has with the players.
But at the same time the lack of consistency with the owners and Goodell is inconsistent.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
have fun dudes - I think this is one thread I'm going to ignore

This suspensions not getting resolved anytime soon, and to debate heresay/media leaks for the next 365 isn't really my cup of tea

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He may or may not have done it, you guys are going to talk yourselves in circles debating it.

The challenge being made here is to the process.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
so the NFL had their lead investigator Kim Roberts, and told her go ahead and interview as many folks as possible. Money is no issue.
Kim Roberts went back to the PA after all the work she put in and basically told the PA that the NFL really has no case and that Elliot should not be suspended.
Roberts was not allowed in the room for the appeal hearing.
Roberts basically had issue with Elliots girlfriend, or ex credibility. The judge basically felt that there is more to this story that the NFL is showing(with holding certain evidence) and basically called everyone out for Elliot not having a fair hearing where all voices could be heard.
of course this really should come as no surprise really. Goodell and the owners make things up as they go along. Of course maybe if the NFLPA had a backbone at the last CBA they wouldnt be in this mess. But they didnt want to miss a game check and they caved.
That is one thing they are never getting back IMO.
Look I have no idea if Elliot is guilty or not. the authorities havent even brought up legal charges against him. This all comes down to the code of conduct policy with the league has with the players.
But at the same time the lack of consistency with the owners and Goodell is inconsistent.

I lost all faith in Goodell/the leagues suspension system when they cited "more probable than not" as a reason to suspend a player for 4 games. That was just stupid beyond any means. They literally said "hey were not 100% sure if he did anything wrong, but we'll suspend him anyway to appease Mr Irsay!"

He may or may not have done it, you guys are going to talk yourselves in circles debating it.

The challenge being made here is to the process.

When the leagues lead investigator says there shouldn't be a suspension, i think that is pretty telling. Not a low level whistleblower office clerk, the LEAD investigator.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
TMZ is gossipy, but aren't they pretty reputable?

Yea, they are the main source I trust when it comes to this stuff. They pay large for the photos/videos they get.

Pretty sad that the NFL finally starts to get tough on these d-bags that beat women and then a court comes along and says its cool go ahead and beat your women just make sure that they aren't perftect witness when you choose your victim.

The court ruled in Zeke's favour because he wasn't given a fair hearing.

How does a Texan court have any jurisdiction over what the NFL does? This doesn't make sense to me.

Uhhmmm.... its the US Department of Justice? I would hope they have jurisdiction over a professional sports league.

Yeah he didn't drink but probably did a bunch of coke. At least he wasn't drinking though. You honestly believe he did nothing?

Thats a big assumption and quite unnecessary. Maybe he realized now isn't the tie to go and get completely smashed?

Because Gronk is the fun loving white guy plus he has a bunch of fanboys that defend him in the media.

Zeke has his fair share of fans. Gronk just doesn't get himself into situations like being seen in a weed shop.

He's like 22, 23?

I'm sure all of us stayed in on weekends at that age and didn't drink. Please.

There's obviously a line there that Elliott seems to have crossed with the abuse, but yeah - he's a young 20 year old that's going to drink and party.

I don't see anyone persecuting Gronk for his party cruises or throwing down the gauntlet on players clearly wasted in photos posted on the net.

If you think Elliott is guilty then yeah he deserves whatever he gets. But living the typical life of a person in their 20s is expected, isn't it?

Honestly. I partied my fair share when I was that age and I had to work/go to school 12 months a year, wasn't famous & didn't have millions of dollars. Can't fault a guy for doing what a lot of us did or would do in his situation.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
ok so he didn't drink. my bad.
I still don't think its a good look when facing suspension and under investigation for other things. If its me I am staying home and playing it cool until the decision is rendered at least.

Should just lock himself in a room. Sleep during the day. Eat, drink, go to toilet at night only.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Looks like too many 6-packs has led to no 6-pack

67037_h.jpg

ezekiel-elliott-broncos-postgame.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad