NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The guy may not have been convicted of anything. But just like Roethlisberger many years ago who put himself in bad decision making situations he was going to get popped. The code of conduct policy is there for a reason.
I mean Elliot was at that Party Island place(or whatever its called) less then a week ago. He admitted he likes to party and get drunk ect ect.
At some point he is just going to have to look in the mirror and grow up. Roethlisberger did with his off the field antics. Hopefully Elliot can for the sake of his career. Or worse.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I mean Elliot was at that Party Island place(or whatever its called) less then a week ago. He admitted he likes to party and get drunk ect ect. .

What did he do wrong? He was on a boat with people. Are you not allowed to boat???

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...otted-on-a-party-boat-on-the-cowboys-day-off/

TMZ cited "lake sources" as saying that Elliott did not "drink any alcohol or get into any kind of negative situation."

Does he need to become a priest and swear off fun?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
What did he do wrong? He was on a boat with people. Are you not allowed to boat???

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...otted-on-a-party-boat-on-the-cowboys-day-off/

TMZ cited "lake sources" as saying that Elliott did not "drink any alcohol or get into any kind of negative situation."

ok so he didn't drink. my bad.
I still don't think its a good look when facing suspension and under investigation for other things. If its me I am staying home and playing it cool until the decision is rendered at least.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
He's like 22, 23?

I'm sure all of us stayed in on weekends at that age and didn't drink. Please.

There's obviously a line there that Elliott seems to have crossed with the abuse, but yeah - he's a young 20 year old that's going to drink and party.

I don't see anyone persecuting Gronk for his party cruises or throwing down the gauntlet on players clearly wasted in photos posted on the net.

If you think Elliott is guilty then yeah he deserves whatever he gets. But living the typical life of a person in their 20s is expected, isn't it?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Ah yes the glory days of college where I would routinely pull down shirts of talented girls on my way to English class. How could I forget.

Boiling his actions down to "drinking" is disingenuous.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's like 22, 23?

There's obviously a line there that Elliott seems to have crossed with the abuse, but yeah - he's a young 20 year old that's going to drink and party.

I don't see anyone persecuting Gronk for his party cruises or throwing down the gauntlet on players clearly wasted in photos posted on the net.

If you think Elliott is guilty then yeah he deserves whatever he gets. But living the typical life of a person in their 20s is expected, isn't it?

Because Gronk is the fun loving white guy plus he has a bunch of fanboys that defend him in the media.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Also before last labor dispute it was pretty clear many players didn't have financial means to carry out successful lockout

Many players were pulling out high interest loans and telling NFLPA they couldn't afford to miss the game checks

NFL players are honestly probably the worst at handling $$$ of the 4 major sports

They also make the least.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Yeah he didn't drink but probably did a bunch of coke. At least he wasn't drinking though. You honestly believe he did nothing?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I love that TMZ has made it to HFBoards Football Forums as a news source.

It pretty much goes downhill from here.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
So why is this a big deal? He was out on a boat on his day off.... non issue and really a reach to make a story if anything

That's TMZ all day baby

The media will tell us how he wore his socks inside out today if it means clicks and $$

He's a $#*! for the way he wears his socks!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How does a Texan court have any jurisdiction over what the NFL does? This doesn't make sense to me.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He's like 22, 23?

Has Gronk ever put himself in a situation where he is facing a 6 game suspension?

Sure Elliott has every right to go out and party but maybe when you are facing a 6 game suspension and already shown that you cant handle partying you should think about y our actions and cut back a little bit.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Pretty sad that the NFL finally starts to get tough on these d-bags that beat women and then a court comes along and says its cool go ahead and beat your women just make sure that they aren't perftect witness when you choose your victim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad