NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
It sounds like Elliot WILL play against the Giants on Sunday Night because the ruling came after 4pm EDT. He will however be suspended the next 6 games after that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The players also put the league in this position by having too many wife beaters among their ranks.

No, the players were soft last lockout. They folded way too easy and gave Goodell unlimited power, and let him be judge/jury/executioner. That is why when the CBA is up you can 100% expect a lengthy lockout.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I remember a LOT of fans clamoring for harder stances on off-field behavior when Goodell came in and even when the last CBA was negotiated.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Zeke did plenty of things

This was a culmination of events here

Also once again leaks coming out favorable for Zeke. Its clear he or NFLPA is doing leaks which is designed to try and influence media coverage/fans

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No, the players were soft last lockout. They folded way too easy and gave Goodell unlimited power, and let him be judge/jury/executioner. That is why when the CBA is up you can 100% expect a lengthy lockout.

I think you're greatly overstating how much players care about this. Players care about salaries and pensions. There will be a fight, but it's going to be over money. 99% of players don't ever have to worry about Goodell's punishment power, so why would they waste energy fighting over Goodell's ability to suspend shady characters when they would rather spend that energy to get more money in their pockets?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also before last labor dispute it was pretty clear many players didn't have financial means to carry out successful lockout

Many players were pulling out high interest loans and telling NFLPA they couldn't afford to miss the game checks

NFL players are honestly probably the worst at handling $$$ of the 4 major sports

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Schefter was on radio this am while I was driving into work.

The judge will decide on a restraining order by Friday - if the judge rules in favor of Zeke, this thing is going to get drawn out and he probably won't see a suspension until next year.

Schefter did say he believe that the 6 game suspension was going to hold - it's just a matter of when those 6 games are actually going to take place.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
The NFL also has the lowest average salary of the 4 major sports, lots of people that make relatively little especially after losing half their paycheck

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Schefter was on radio this am while I was driving into work.

The judge will decide on a restraining order by Friday - if the judge rules in favor of Zeke, this thing is going to get drawn out and he probably won't see a suspension until next year.

Schefter did say he believe that the 6 game suspension was going to hold - it's just a matter of when those 6 games are actually going to take place.

Brady had an all-star legal team and the suspension eventually held. I doubt Elliott finds a legal path out of this that doesn't include the 6 game suspension being enforced, even if it's at a later date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad