NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

So, banned for 6 games, as of now, due to allegation of physical violence.

But, Brown gets 1 game for being a "God" and treating his wife like a slave, and there was proof of (multiple)DV between him and his wife.

Sep 19, 2008
This is honestly ridiculous. The initial rumors were 1 to 2 games, especially if he wasn't charged and the police dropped all charges. In this case, the guy simply hasn't been able to stay out of headlines and got into another bar fight in June / July which probably warranted more time. But 6 games is kind of overkill. I don't like the Cowboys, but this is just flat out unfair.

"Roger Goodell's Wheel of Justice"

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
6 games!!!!

920x920.jpg

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games
The NFL believes it has investigated Elliott's case thoughtfully, thoroughly and extensively and that Elliott violated the personal conduct policy. The league went through text messages and retained medical and legal experts to help commissioner Roger Goodell make his decision.

Before disciplining Elliott, the NFL considered the domestic violence allegations from February and July 2016, as well as the St. Patrick's Day incident in which he pulled down a woman's shirt, though that did not factor into the league's decision on discipline.

Before he was drafted? Why? They weren't going to pursue any punishment to any player drafted in 17 that had any cases of alleged DV pre-draft?

The suspension comes as a result of an investigation that started more than a year ago after an ex-girlfriend accused Elliott of domestic violence in Columbus, Ohio. The Columbus City Attorney's office announced in September that it would not pursue charges against Elliott because of "conflicting and inconsistent information," but the NFL can penalize a player even without legal charges.

Legal authorities concluded that Elliott's accuser was not credible and rejected charging him. Several witnesses, according to sources close to the case, heard the woman yell at Elliott that she would "ruin his career" when she was unhappy that they would not continue their relationship.

Sep 19, 2008
The disturbing thing about this is they are jumping to conclusions based on hearsay and conjecture that was PROVEN false. Again I make no qualms about it I don't like Dallas but this is just unfair to suspend him six games for something he didn't do. The lack of any sort of fair trial in the NFL judication process is highly disturbing. Basically Goodell says, if you make the league look bad, you are being suspended. It doesn't matter if you did it or not. Just the mere ACCUSATION of domestic violence merits a 6 game ban.

Sep 19, 2008

Basically being suspended because Goodell "spoke to 4 other investigators" and determined that assault took place even though the police said differently and dropped charges

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Thi is complete ****. His case was dropped by the judicial system.

On another note, thank the lord I haven't had my fantasy draft yet.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
The disturbing thing about this is they are jumping to conclusions based on hearsay and conjecture that was PROVEN false.
nothing was "proven false"
prosecutors declining to press charges is all that occurred

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Somebody gotta tell me what he did which was 6x worse then what josh brown did

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Just curious as to how the police couldn't find that substantial and persuasive evidence.

Hey, police aren't perfect, and who knows when a high profile person is involved. But I find it weird that the legal investigators blow off the case due to conflicting/inconsistent info but the NFL feels comfortable that Zeke was the guy who potentially abused her.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
nothing was "proven false"
prosecutors declining to press charges is all that occurred

Man the police couldnt even find any substantial evidence to charge him, but the NFL somehow did.

I didnt know the NFL and Roger were above the law.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
What a load of garbage. The case was dropped by the judicial system.

I guess the bar fight is a bit of a no-no, but that's hardly worth 6 games. Maybe like, 1 game at most.

Also Jerry is the last owner i'd want to **** off if i were Goodell.

As for the Cowboys....they probably won't miss a beat. You got Alfred Morris as your RB2 and he's still a legit RB.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Man the police couldnt even find any substantial evidence to charge him, but the NFL somehow did.
the police do not make the decision as to whether someone is charged with a crime or not
that is prosecutorial

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It sounds like they put a good amount of time into the investigation.

I don't understand why people think this is a conspiracy. You think Goodell wants Zeke out of the league? The Cowboys being good is good for the NFL, as much as I dislike them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad