Speculation: Expansion Draft - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
If I'm the Jets, there's no way in hell that with a superstar-on-the-rise like Laine I'm getting rid of the only other member on the team that is from the same country and can speak his language.

Armia is getting protected over Dano and I'm more than comfortable betting on that.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Still wondering whether or not Chevy is in talks with Gorton regarding Raanta. Arizona now looks very likely to go after a goalie, which is ****ing horrifying, considering that their GM has probably passed Chevy in calls made as a NHL GM at the age of 15 or so.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Why do you suspect "team player" and "loyalty" verse maybe he wouldn't mind playing for a different organization. Waiving his NMC could get him picked and traded to a winner. Having spent 10 years in Atlanta/Winnipeg with one playoff appearance.

So, Phaneuf isn't a team player or loyal because he didn't waive his NMC? How about the team not being loyal for even asking a player to waive after agreeing to it in a contract. Seems like a double standard to me.

What does Phaneuf have to do with Enstrom's specific situation? He's come off a rough year professionally and personally, during which I have no doubt he felt he was traded fairly by the Jets. I take him at his (agent's) word -- but I don't think his reasons for waiving are particularly relevant. The point is that he's waived. Score one for Chevy.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why do you suspect "team player" and "loyalty" verse maybe he wouldn't mind playing for a different organization. Waiving his NMC could get him picked and traded to a winner. Having spent 10 years in Atlanta/Winnipeg with one playoff appearance.

So, Phaneuf isn't a team player or loyal because he didn't waive his NMC? How about the team not being loyal for even asking a player to waive after agreeing to it in a contract. Seems like a double standard to me.

A. You think Vegas is going to be better than Winnipeg in the next 3 years? OK.
B. Doubt he waived to be traded. If he asked Jets for a trade, I'm pretty sure he would get it.
C. He stated that he definitely wants to stay in Winnipeg because he expects them to win.
D. He isn't going to be selected by VGK
E. Sens should never have released the information that he had been asked. No class move.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Still wondering whether or not Chevy is in talks with Gorton regarding Raanta. Arizona now looks very likely to go after a goalie, which is ****ing horrifying, considering that their GM has probably passed Chevy in calls made as a NHL GM at the age of 15 or so.

I believe that ARZ wants Stepan as well, so could be something between ARZ and NYR involving both Raanta and Stepan. Chyka sure love his trades.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I believe that ARZ wants Stepan as well, so could be something between ARZ and NYR involving both Raanta and Stepan. Chyka sure love his trades.

That wouldn't surprise me. That being said, what the hell can Arizona give to the Rangers for that package? Strome? Murphy?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
That wouldn't surprise me. That being said, what the hell can Arizona give to the Rangers for that package? Strome? Murphy?

I believe it was 'SkinnyJimmy' who mentioned the Raanta + Stepan possibility, which does make some sense.

Not too sure what ARZ would be sending NYR though.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Love the news today. I said from the very beginning that getting Enstrom to waive was the way this had to go.

Love the Flames getting Smith. There are not a lot of teams now possibly looking to get a goalie through Vegas now.

Still love to get Grubauer or Rannta when all us said and done.

Ultimate dream would be to make a deal for Vegas to take Dano, acquire Rannta pre draft, and then get a D like De Haan (if unprotected), or Schmidt.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Love the news today. I said from the very beginning that getting Enstrom to waive was the way this had to go.

Love the Flames getting Smith. There are not a lot of teams now possibly looking to get a goalie through Vegas now.

Still love to get Grubauer or Rannta when all us said and done.

Ultimate dream would be to make a deal for Vegas to take Dano, acquire Rannta pre draft, and then get a D like De Haan (if unprotected), or Schmidt.

We're past that deadline now.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wow so many teams getting better. Let's stand pat some more Chevy lmao what a joke

I'm not so sure about getting better. Some teams look worse off to me. They probably would have rather stood pat

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
We're past that deadline now.

Too bad, what was that date? How did Mueller just get tradeded if the deadline is past? For some reason I thought they could still get it done today.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I would want Chevy to actually do something besides draft. Excel the process. Let's go already. Let's make a push for playoffs

Maybe wait till the end of the offseason before complaining Chevy hasn't done anything. There was one trade of consequence made and unless you'd want to trade morrisey for drouin....

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If the Jets come out of the expansion draft losing Dano and pick (as high as a 2nd), prospect(s) (not named Connor or Roslovic) to acquire a goalie (Raanta) and a dman (say Ryan Murray), that would be quite the off-season for Chevy.

Next up, decent draft and a defensive 3rd line forward in FA to improve the pk and replace Dano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad