Speculation: Expansion Draft - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I knew at the end of the day it would come down to toby and his relationship with chevy and the organization. that's why I was adamant toby would waive.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
OK, but since it is looking increasingly confirmed that Enstrom has waived to be exposed, what if we are giving up Dano and our #13 so LV doesn't take Enstrom? If that's the case, I will seriously lose my ****.

I'm not convinced Enstrom has waived, unless there is something new that I've missed. There is some smoke there certainly. I'm just not assuming it means fire.

If that was the deal I would rather have exposed Myers and take our chances there, or go 8+1 and lose Lowry. Although I would be PO'ed to lose either Lowry or MP.

Edit: Just backed up in this thread. That's getting to be some pretty heavy smoke. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seems there is something "fishy" going on with Despres after all

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/1...f-defenseman-simon-despres-by-buying-him-out/

Injured players aren’t eligible for buyouts but some maneuvering appears to have allowed the Ducks to do so on Despres despite him being sidelined for all but one game last season. Despres was taken off long-term injured reserve during the playoffs but never skated in a practice with the team.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly confirmed the workings of an agreement with the NHL players’ union to the Southern California News Group.

“There have been a number of unique aspects related to Mr. Despres’ situation and we and the Players’ Association have worked together to help define the appropriate collectively bargained rules that can be applied to his contract,†Daly wrote in an e-mail. “We now have a conceptual agreement on treatment and we are in the process of documenting that resolution.â€

The union has apparently signed off on it, with NHLPA spokesman Jonathan Weatherdon saying, “The NHLPA is engaged in settlement discussions with the NHL regarding Simon Despres contract and the parties hope to have this matter resolved soon.â€

More detail on the bolded bits would be interesting. I can't imagine how this works. Either he is fit to play or he is not fit for buyout. Or, apparently something else. Nice bonus coming to the Ducks lawyer.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Aaaaaaaaand get ready to shift from 'Lowry 'cause lol size' to 'Copp 'cause lol leadership' in five... four... three...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
What does the Jets list look like that Toby has now waived?

I'd say Wheeler, Little, Scheifele, Lowry, Perreault, Armia, and I don't know about the 7th. I'd assume Copp, because it looks like Dano is headed to Vegas.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hey Mort its all good.....you have kept an open mind since you arrived and been open to change if people provided compelling information. I admit I was a bit old school when I arrived and was surprised how much there was to learn.

I'm almost embarrassed now to think back on some of the things that I took as axiomatic. :laugh:

I'm not good at remembering the details so I sometimes revert when I forget the argument that brought me around. Fortunately I am still able to learn so I re-learn the same lessons quite often. :laugh:

Seriously, I have appreciated the patience of some of the more knowledgeable people here. Not only in taking me by the hand but quite a few others as well. Having to make the same arguments so often with each new poster has to be difficult. I don't mind crediting Garret in particular but there are many others as well.

We get new posters here quite regularly. Some are more knowledgeable than others. Some are more willing to expand their horizons than others. It is easy to forget that some poster who just joined is not aware of the last 2 years discussion on a subject.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Copp isn't signed for next year, so the Jets would have to expose Dano and Matthias.

Some of the angst in this thread is comical.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I knew at the end of the day it would come down to toby and his relationship with chevy and the organization. that's why I was adamant toby would waive.

When you're right, you're right. :)

I always suspected that Toby was 'team player' enough to do it out of loyalty but was not willing to go out on a limb and say so.

Now I just hope they have not paid a high price to ensure that LVK does not take him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm not convinced Enstrom has waived, unless there is something new that I've missed. There is some smoke there certainly. I'm just not assuming it means fire.

If that was the deal I would rather have exposed Myers and take our chances there, or go 8+1 and lose Lowry. Although I would be PO'ed to lose either Lowry or MP.

Edit: Just backed up in this thread. That's getting to be some pretty heavy smoke. :laugh:

Friedman has apparently confirmed Enstrom waiving, indicating it was a huge gift to the Jets so they can protect 7-3-1. The Dano signing makes sense in that context, as the player that LV would select.

Pretty good outcome, if that's how it shakes out.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
I wonder if Jets could be bargain shopping for a 7th forward to protect in next 2 hours. Copp being exposed probably won't make a difference as can't see him getting selected.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I wonder if Jets could be bargain shopping for a 7th forward to protect in next 2 hours. Copp being exposed probably won't make a difference as can't see him getting selected.

Copp has more value than many Jets fans think, I believe.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm a big Armia fan so I'm glad that we definitely will be keeping him.

Thank you Toby!!!!

I hope that if VGK picks Toby that we'll pay up to get him back.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Thank you Toby!!!!

We wouldn't be able to until Jan 1 as per the XD rules. I doubt that he'd be exposed if there was danger to lose him.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Thank you Toby!!!!

No can do on the 2017-18 season. Not allowed to trade back to the pre-draft team.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I like Enstrom a lot more now. Totally unselfish, makes me a little sad if he were to end up in Vegas but happy to have him back.

But I'd love to see him win at least one cup.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca

100% there is a deal in place with VGK. But we won't know until the 21st now. Someone should still leak everything for the fun of it, I really don't want to watch the Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad