GDT: Exhibition: Switzerland 2, Canada 4 | May 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I get a pop-up over the video every 10 minutes or so. Have to wait like 30 seconds before I can close it. I'm watching the same feed that everyone else seems to be using.

I'm using Ad Block with Firefox and I'm not getting any popups.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Solid PK for Canada there as only 2:30 remains in the game.

MyNameIsNobody*

Canada beats Switzerland 4-2.

Hard to watch on a 3 inch monitor...any ways...

A Question to ALL - im interested in how the Canadian players did:

Can anyone go over the players and how they performed...

Good, Average bad...Surprised (good or bad)

Thanks in advance...

croAVSfan*

Against Swiss yes, not 20:0, but clear 10:1 victory like USSR did it in past...Tavares with 5 goals and SOG 66-9 for Canada

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
SUI player of the game: Ambhul
CAN player of the game: Tavares

I can get used to that. I'm thinking he's going to have a big tourney, he wants to make the Sochi team. His line is looking pretty good. He and Skinner had good chemistry last year. Sharp is a great addition to that line.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Benn and to a certain extent JT have been winning their draws which is huge , hope Nuge can step that part of his game up but he'll have difficulty with the strength aspect playing into it. O'Reilly has yet to find a niche with the team hopefully he finds what's going to make him successful in the first couple of games.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How did Ward look? Sounds like the goals against were the fault of the defense mostly and he made some great saves to bail them out.

So it sounds like he never left Carolina. :laugh:

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Hard to watch on a 3 inch monitor...any ways...

A Question to ALL - im interested in how the Canadian players did:

Can anyone go over the players and how they performed...

Good, Average bad...Surprised (good or bad)

Thanks in advance...

I'd say they are still adjusting to the big ice. The forwards played well for the most part. Offensive zone control wasn't held for as long as I would have liked (minus the PP). The defense left some Swiss players uncovered or gave them too much room from time to time. Ward made some pretty nice saves to bail the D out, though. All in all, it's nothing a few more games and some added team chemistry can't fix.

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
How did Ward look? Sounds like the goals against were the fault of the defense mostly and he made some great saves to bail them out.

So it sounds like he never left Carolina. :laugh:

I didn't get a very good look at the second goal, but it sort of looked like he overcommitted a bit. But the first goal was definitely the defense's fault. They opened up a huge lane for the guy to step right in.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I didn't get a very good look at the second goal, but it sort of looked like he overcommitted a bit. But the first goal was definitely the defense's fault. They opened up a huge lane for the guy to step right in.

Have to remember the play before that Kane and Ladd jumped up to force the play and the Swiss transitioned the other way while Ladd went off for the change, that caught I think Phaneuf and Methot flat footed while they both tried taking the player in front. They should have read it was Ambuhl and he does that fake shot nearly everytime he has an opportunity but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad