31 Matt Hackett

Last edited:

MyNameIsNobody*

76 P.K. Subban

Subban Will not play Tuesday...but wil travel with the team

Last edited by a moderator:

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
Canada had better get its act together. Switzerland should have won that first game. We just had Eberle and that was it. We'll get stomped by Sweden and Russia if we even make it that far.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Canada had better get its act together. Switzerland should have won that first game. We just had Eberle and that was it. We'll get stomped by Sweden and Russia if we even make it that far.

If it makes you feel better, Switzerland beat us in two straight roughly a week ago. Granted we didn't have any NHL players, but still.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
If it makes you feel better, Switzerland beat us in two straight roughly a week ago. Granted we didn't have any NHL players, but still.

We didn't have any NHL players as well.

Actually the Swiss players involved in the 7th game of the playoffs final were not in the team as well (6 or 7 players).

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Who's going to wear # 10 Perry or Sharp? And what number will the guy who dosent get 10 wear? Also who are our captains and alternates I heard Sharp was but when I saw his interview after the game he didnt have the C on his jersey.

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
I wouldn't be too concerned. Firstly because it was the very first game these guys had played together, and secondly because the Swiss seem to have Canada's number no matter what. They took the Olympic team to a shootout in 2010, 4 years after beating them 2-0 in Torino. I'm just happy with a win regardless of the score or circumstance. It would seem no matter how much better Canada actually is or whether we're on track to win gold or finish 7th, it's always gonna be a close game.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, why wont Perry / Getzlaf play? Of course they aren't needed, but wont the other players find that weird if they get special treatment or something and that could affect team chemistry or is the Canadian coach eliminating players from the roster or does Canada even do that?

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Yeah, why wont Perry / Getzlaf play? Of course they aren't needed, but wont the other players find that weird if they get special treatment or something and that could affect team chemistry or is the Canadian coach eliminating players from the roster or does Canada even do that?

Getzlaf is still in North America due to "a family commitment" and will join the team in Helsinki. Perry will play today according to TSN's John Lu.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
off-topic: very spontaneous!

I got a spare ticket for tonight, somebody just jumped off the wagon

if somebody is interested, just PM me, or write in just here... till 6 o'clock

(PS: you don't have to pay for the ticket, spend me a beer and a burger would be enough...)

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Canada should hopefully play better today, they should be less jet lagged and have a couple days of practice under their belt. The Swiss are always gamers though. Wish I could watch this game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
@JohnLuTSNMtl: Canada fwds vs. Swz: Burrows - Benn - Perry;Purcell - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle;Skinner - Tavares - Sharp;Kane - O'Reilly - Ladd;Mitchell#WHC

@JohnLuTSNMtl: Canada d-pairs and G vs. Swiss: Methot - Phaneuf; Keith - Vlasic; Bouwmeester - Schenn; Murray. Ward starting, Dubnyk backup #WHC

Man, that 3rd forward line could easily be a top line. Interested to see how this team does! No Getzlaf today...just resting him, I suppose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad