GDT: Exhibition: Switzerland 2, Canada 4 | May 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
How did Ward look? Sounds like the goals against were the fault of the defense mostly and he made some great saves to bail them out.

So it sounds like he never left Carolina. :laugh:

I didn't get a very good look at the second goal, but it sort of looked like he overcommitted a bit. But the first goal was definitely the defense's fault. They opened up a huge lane for the guy to step right in.

To me, Ward had a very solid game with few non-routine saves. On the 2 goals, i wouldn't necessarily put responsibility on him.

He actually gave very few rebounds. Hence neutralizing the Swiss forwards who generally were very fast on him.

Ward had good performance.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Benn and to a certain extent JT have been winning their draws which is huge , hope Nuge can step that part of his game up but he'll have difficulty with the strength aspect playing into it. O'Reilly has yet to find a niche with the team hopefully he finds what's going to make him successful in the first couple of games.

Nuge isn't very good on draws yet, he gets overpowered quite a bit.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Hard to watch on a 3 inch monitor...any ways...

A Question to ALL - im interested in how the Canadian players did:

Can anyone go over the players and how they performed...

Good, Average bad...Surprised (good or bad)

Thanks in advance...

Well, here is my opinion:

Ward play a really strong game.

Defense was a little bit scary to watch. In the first period the play great with good passing in the own zone. But after the first 20 Minutes the Swiss had to much chances to score. I really like the game of Methot. Furthermore Bouwmeester played also without any big mistake. Phaneuf made a lot bad decisions and also Keith has to be better. He his right now the biggest disappointement.

Forwards:

Tavares and Sharp were great. Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins take a day off, but I have no fear for the wc. Also Perry and Burrows will be better at wc.

So this was my view of the game...

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I think the defense will be more stable once you have the proper combinations playing together.

Keith Vlasic
Subban Phaneuf
Bouwmeester Methot
Schenn Murray

I didn't like Methot and Phaneuf together in this game but I think it'll be temporary until PK comes back while Vlasic is still adjusting to the gaping and all, but I think that could be solid paring. This way there's mobility on all the pairings and a potential always for a 4th man (Keith, Subban, Bouwmeester ) to jump into the play to create a scoring opportunity.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
For the Swiss :
Romy, Moser surprised me ... they fit well with Damien Brunner.
Bezina is great but hits his limit under pressure IMO.
Blindenbacher won some pucks on the board and went to the mid-field with class some 2-3 times.
Ambuhl is always a pleasure to watch. Unpredictable and one hell of a skater.
Disapointed by our NHL guys !! (only 3) yet i definitely trust more our NLA players.

It was a good last game for Switzerland. no useless injuries and a team chemistry that progresses and confidence that capitalizes without excessive euphoria that a win would have triggered.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Glad to see Coach Sutter setting up a potential line with Burrows-Getzlaf-Perry. Playing with the twins in Vancouver here's hoping he can have a similar effect alongside those two!

Erza Scarlet

following the mantle
Jun 9, 2011
Requiem
Well, here is my opinion:

Ward play a really strong game.

Defense was a little bit scary to watch. In the first period the play great with good passing in the own zone. But after the first 20 Minutes the Swiss had to much chances to score. I really like the game of Methot. Furthermore Bouwmeester played also without any big mistake. Phaneuf made a lot bad decisions and also Keith has to be better. He his right now the biggest disappointement.

Forwards:

Tavares and Sharp were great. Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins take a day off, but I have no fear for the wc. Also Perry and Burrows will be better at wc.

So this was my view of the game...

Keith hasn't played as well for a while now. I'm seen him constantly getting burned on alot of plays this year.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
Glad to see Coach Sutter setting up a potential line with Burrows-Getzlaf-Perry. Playing with the twins in Vancouver here's hoping he can have a similar effect alongside those two!

He might be setting up Benn-Getzlaf-Perry. Not sure where Burr would go... maybe where Purcell is?

MyNameIsNobody*

I think the defense will be more stable once you have the proper combinations playing together.

Keith Vlasic
Subban Phaneuf
Bouwmeester Methot
Schenn Murray

I didn't like Methot and Phaneuf together in this game but I think it'll be temporary until PK comes back while Vlasic is still adjusting to the gaping and all, but I think that could be solid paring. This way there's mobility on all the pairings and a potential always for a 4th man (Keith, Subban, Bouwmeester ) to jump into the play to create a scoring opportunity.

Its Over for Subban...
Looks like Subban is going home...

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #WHC Subban heading to Mtl on Wed. Day to day but with tourney starting Fri, mgmt and PK decided to send him home for evaluation & treatment

MyNameIsNobody*

Its Over for Subban...
Looks like Subban is going home...

@JohnLuTSNMtl: #WHC Subban heading to Mtl on Wed. Day to day but with tourney starting Fri, mgmt and PK decided to send him home for evaluation & treatment

John Lu ‏ @JohnLuTSNMtl

#Habs announce Subban to Mtl. Will not participate in #WHC due to minor knee injury (approx 2 wk absence). T/B re-evaluated by team doctors.

StringerBell

I can get used to that. I'm thinking he's going to have a big tourney, he wants to make the Sochi team. His line is looking pretty good. He and Skinner had good chemistry last year. Sharp is a great addition to that line.

Gotta think he's a shoo in if he doesn't regress over the next two years.

Primetimey*

Benn - Getzalf - Perry is one-hundred times more likely.

achcht

May 24, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a way to watch a replay of this game? The first game was on You Tube. Thanks in advance

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Germans wouldn't say that we speak German. :D
It's a german dialect, but people from northern Germany probably don't understand much. ;)

krax

Jul 25, 2007
In yesterday's game (6:05 int 3rd), Mark Streit started to have an argument with Jeff Skinner in front of the Swiss net. They started hitting each other with their sticks.
John Tavares and Nino Niederreiter started to intervene. John squeezed Mark's head with his right arm. Niederreiter was dancing with Jeff Skinner. Didn't look like a pick-nick with old Islanders friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad