Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Savvy had his number retired the other night by the Oshawa. That's nice. I'd like to see him at the garden again, I never understood why they couldn't get him as an honorary captain in the playoffs...

Wonder if it has anything to do with him technically still being a member of another NHL team?

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Seems to me some guys are just biologically more prone to injuries than others. Sure luck has a lot to do with it, but every player is getting bumped and slammed all the time, some go their whole careers and barely miss any games, others miss 20 a season for one reason or another

A report came out 5 years ago that a number of outlets picked up saying he has some kind of congenital hip condition that would carry with it many lower body type injuries over his career. I think he and his camp denied it, though, so who knows?

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Bobby_Orr_2010_WinterCl.jpg

I think this pic of a certain Ex-Bruin was taken at a certain baseball park named after a certain Global Mod in here. ;)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Colborne with a hat trick against Dallas in his first game as a Avalanche.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Campbell suspended for not reporting to a minor league team after Columbus sent him down. Apparently they tried trading him before waivers but no takers. Still going to try trading him.

Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Didn't realize that Bart was back in Providence with 2 points in the first 2 games.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I still think the Jones trade was horrible and one of worst mistake of bruins, (after seguin)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tough to get a read on Hamilton on the Flames board. Some of their fans are against moving him at all, while others suggest his lackluster play in his own zone is reason enough to move him. Maybe he really does just lack hockey IQ.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Tough to get a read on Hamilton on the Flames board. Some of their fans are against moving him at all, while others suggest his lackluster play in his own zone is reason enough to move him. Maybe he really does just lack hockey IQ.

Some very obvious talent and some mind boggling dumbness mixed in with some maddening passiveness.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

They seem to have pretty good patience with him. Maybe they're fine with him playing ~19 minutes a night (16 against STL and CHI) and taking a minor penalty per game with less than stellar offensive or defensive stats for close to 6M a year. Or maybe they just expect him to develop a lot.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Loui taking the heat in Vancouver after a 9 game 0 goal start. Has been taken off the Sedin line and paired with Sutter after the entire line being criticized for being too slow and unproductive. The fanbase is also pounding the Sedins and I agree. Always get what you can before they are worth nothing. It's always about the organization,not the individual.

Last edited:

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Loui taking the heat in Vancouver after a 9 game 0 goal start. Has been taken off the Sedin line and paired with Sutter after the entire line being criticized for being too slow and unproductive. The fanbase is also pounding the Sedins and I agree. Always get what you can before they are worth nothing. It's always about the organization,not the individual.

Umm... he has definitely scored a goal this season! ;)

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Loui now the target in Vancouver after their 9th straight loss and a 13 0-4-4 start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln