Former Bruins EX Bruins Discussion Thread Part II All Talk Here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wish Danny the best.

Good guy.

I was sorry he never came back to Boston with a new team as the fans would have given him a nice welcome.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Rick MacLeish, smooth-skating, Cup-winning Flyer, dies at 66
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...ating-cup-winning-flyer-dies-at-66/ar-BBtH6Az

never actually played for the Big B's but boy what could have been.

THAT was a bad trade.....Mike Walton....geesh.

It was a bizarre deal. A Toronto doctor had ruled that Walton staying with the Maple Leafs was damaging to his mental health so a 3 way deal happened.

February 1, 1971: Traded to Philadelphia by Toronto with Bruce Gamble and Toronto's 1st round choice (Pierre Plante) in 1971 Amateur Draft for Bernie Parent and Philadelphia's 2nd round choice (Rick Kehoe) in 1971 Amateur Draft, February 1, 1971.

February 1, 1971: Traded to Boston by Philadelphia for Danny Schock and Rick MacLeish, February 1, 1971.

Orr pushed Schmidt to get Walton as they were best buddies. In fairness Walton did help the 72 Bruins win a Cup but he would bolt for the WHA a year later and Orr almost went to Minnesota (WHA) with him.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013

I definitely prefer giving up the difference between Reilly Smith and Jimmy Hayes than a second rounder. 12 fewer goals and 9 fewer assists for +5 million cap savings for 2 seasons vs giving up a second rounder for 4 million for one season. The players Florida got in return don't appear to be much, warts and all Hayes is certainly better than those 2.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'm still baffled by 34 year old Brandon Bochenski tearing it up in the KHL. Also, I believe Datsyuk and Kovalchuk play on the same team now.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Let's not forget about this thread.

(Yes, this was a not so clever bump)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Don't know if it's style or bad luck.

Seems to me some guys are just biologically more prone to injuries than others. Sure luck has a lot to do with it, but every player is getting bumped and slammed all the time, some go their whole careers and barely miss any games, others miss 20 a season for one reason or another

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Seems to me some guys are just biologically more prone to injuries than others. Sure luck has a lot to do with it, but every player is getting bumped and slammed all the time, some go their whole careers and barely miss any games, others miss 20 a season for one reason or another

I think of Orr whose open ice skating and shifting left him vulnerable to knee hits and injuries. Not comparing Seguin to Orr but his skating style/game may leave him more vulnerable also. I haven't seen the cause of his injuries,I think I count 4 lower extremity injuries resulting in missed games in his career so far.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Savvy had his number retired the other night by the Oshawa. That's nice. I'd like to see him at the garden again, I never understood why they couldn't get him as an honorary captain in the playoffs...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Savvy had his number retired the other night by the Oshawa. That's nice. I'd like to see him at the garden again, I never understood why they couldn't get him as an honorary captain in the playoffs...

I haven't seen him at a game at the Garden for awhile. I would love to see him attend a game this season. ...or be an assistant coach behind the B's bench...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille