Evgeny Kuznetsov Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
You mean Vancouver games? Because he was still playing with Magnitka when he played at Turin.

World Championships 2007 in Moscow not Olympics. Mixed his situation up with the Olympics with Ovie who turned down a big contract in Russia to go to the NHL and still made the Olympic team at 20 years of age. You still get my point though, especially with Malkin who's situation was met with enormous negativity.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
World Championships 2007 in Moscow not Olympics. Mixed his situation up with the Olympics with Ovie who turned down a big contract in Russia to go to the NHL and still made the Olympic team at 20 years of age. You still get my point though, especially with Malkin who's situation was met with enormous negativity.

Yeah, I did.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
It is the All Star Weekend in KHL now.

Kuznetsov was fastest in the lap run. He actually recorded 13,82s for the lap which is KHL AS record.

But then Datsyuk edged him for the most spectacular SO goal.

I wish Kuz was the RW for OV and Nick sooner.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It is the All Star Weekend in KHL now.

Kuznetsov was fastest in the lap run. He actually recorded 13,82s for the lap which is KHL AS record.

But then Datsyuk edged him for the most spectacular SO goal.

I wish Kuz was the RW for OV and Nick sooner.

Rest assured you are not the only one.

I figure George has planned for him to be Semin's replacement.

I feel like its going to be a long wait.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Well look at it this way, when Semin came over at 19 he wasn't from an emotional maturity perspective ready IMO. Some of that may have been the incredible turmoil the team was dealing with that season and the lockout the following season and of course running over Dave Fay's dog didn't help but when he did return at 22 he was a much better player.

So if Kuznetsov comes over for the '14-15 season he will be 22 I believe both more physically and emotionally ready to make the move to North America.

I guess we will see but I have never really had an issue with what appears to be his timeframe for making the move across the pond.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I know Ribs probably won't be here in two years, but...

Ovie-Backstrom-Kuz
Forsberg-Ribs-Mojo

Drool.

Halpysback*

I know Ribs probably won't be here in two years, but...

Ovie-Backstrom-Kuz
Forsberg-Ribs-Mojo

Drool.

Mojo will be a better C than ribs by then.

All they need is a great LW.

Fast utility LW (Kulemin) - Johansson - Kuznetsov would be greater than the sum of its parts

Halpysback*

$5million per season over multiple seasons (4+), plus a 1st and 3rd rounder is the minimum it would take. Possibly more.

You still in?

Offersheeting O'Reilly would be the opening salvo of the Alzner wars.

It's a nonstarter

Beyond that, 3 1sts and 4.5 x 7 quite easily. 5 x 7 if pressed.

O'Reilly completes the forward rebuild. We'd be a Ladislav Smid away from being Complete Perfect Caps.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Offersheeting O'Reilly would be the opening salvo of the Alzner wars.

It's a nonstarter

Beyond that, 3 1sts and 4.5 x 7 quite easily. 5 x 7 if pressed.

O'Reilly completes the forward rebuild. We'd be a Ladislav Smid away from being Complete Perfect Caps.

$3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st, 3rd

$5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd

$5x5 would probably get it done. But you're right... it'd be open season on Caps RFAs at that point.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
If u havent seen it, here the highlights from KHL all-star game:

The game (Kuznetsov scored 4 goals)

Skills challenge (Kuznetsov won fastest skater)

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Kreider #42. I thought Rangers fans put him in the HOF already

I hate how people think he is huge. He is 6'3" 215. That's like 2 inches taller than the NHL average and 10 pounds more.

Then talking about how fast he is... I don't think he's that fast, one of the things people were talking about him being fast was his goal in Game 1 against the Capitals, he wasn't even that fast people talk like he skated around Green, Green was getting a stick and came across the ice and almost stopped him from scoring, I have no idea how it was seen as fast or beating Green either.

Halpysback*

I hate how people think he is huge. He is 6'3" 215. That's like 2 inches taller than the NHL average and 10 pounds more.

Then talking about how fast he is... I don't think he's that fast, one of the things people were talking about him being fast was his goal in Game 1 against the Capitals, he wasn't even that fast people talk like he skated around Green, Green was getting a stick and came across the ice and almost stopped him from scoring, I have no idea how it was seen as fast or beating Green either.

I saw lots of sources list Kreider as 225-230. His height is optimal for a fast utility winger. Anything above that and he's at a disadvantage. He's also fairly physical. He seems like he's gonna be a better version of Kulemin, which is a very, very useful player.

And I'm not sure where you're getting the not fast thing (oh right one caps game), but he's really, really fast. That was literally all he had to his pedigree at the time he was drafted. Extremely fast and decently big. Probably up there with Grabner.

This was basically his every other play in college.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
And I'm not sure where you're getting the not fast thing (oh right one caps game), but he's really, really fast. That was literally all he had to his pedigree at the time he was drafted. Extremely fast and decently big. Probably up there with Grabner.
The NHL doesn't have stats that can be cherry picked for speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad