Prospect Info: Everything Swedish Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I have no idea how Rundblad busted. The rest of that list is a very talented group.

I think that bodes well that Berggren’s name is up there with Kent Nilsson, Zetterberg, the Sedins, Forsberg. Even Lindblom is a pretty good player who looks like he’s got 40-50 point potential in Philly.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What’s the timeline for Raymond’s return? He should be back for the playoffs, no?

No. From what I recall, the timeline was different depending which source you heard from, but the one reported on from the Wings from the very beginning implied that the absolute best case would be as the playoffs were ending in Sweden, and likely his return would be after the playoffs were completed.

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
Seider will be full time for sure. I sometimes wonder if Berggren and Raymond wont be flanking Veleno on the top line in Grand Rapids, at least to start the season

If that's the case...
How much is the AHL TV package for one season?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seider will be full time for sure. I sometimes wonder if Berggren and Raymond wont be flanking Veleno on the top line in Grand Rapids, at least to start the season

I would be OK with Raymond/Veleno starting in GR, but I think Berggren ready for a top 9 role next year. I would really like to see him playing opposite Zadina.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I would be OK with Raymond/Veleno starting in GR, but I think Berggren ready for a top 9 role next year. I would really like to see him playing opposite Zadina.
Raymond-valeno-berggren would be so fun though. I’d be all GR next year.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Berggren still looks pretty smol to me. Obviously I'd love to see all our prospects on the Wings roster asap, but I'm not sure he's physically ready to cope with NHL hockey.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Raymond-valeno-berggren would be so fun though. I’d be all GR next year.
dont know if the line would work. Raymond and berggren's games are too similar imo, they both are at their best when they are the majority puck playing forward on their lineup and they might get in each others way. I'd much prefer putting say Grewe in Berggren's spot. Thats a very well balanced line with a little bit of everything on it.

That Raymond/Valeno combo could be incredible their playing styles compliment each others so well. Then they got Albin to do all the grunt work.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
The ahl is more physical than the nhl.

True. It's also slower and less skilled though. I think there's an argument for Berggren to play in any of Sweden/Grand Rapids/Detroit next year. I think he's going to face some growing pains in NA hockey, I wouldn't mind him going through that in Grand Rapids where there's less of a microscope on him and he can step into a bigger first-line/PP1 role.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
True. It's also slower and less skilled though. I think there's an argument for Berggren to play in any of Sweden/Grand Rapids/Detroit next year. I think he's going to face some growing pains in NA hockey, I wouldn't mind him going through that in Grand Rapids where there's less of a microscope on him and he can step into a bigger first-line/PP1 role.
I agree there will be growing pains. I don’t follow conventional wisdom in terms of always starting players in the AHL. I think they are such different leagues it doesn’t necessarily result in preparing all player properly for the nhl game.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I agree there will be growing pains. I don’t follow conventional wisdom in terms of always starting players in the AHL. I think they are such different leagues it doesn’t necessarily result in preparing all player properly for the nhl game.

Yeah that's fair, I think there are solid arguments for Berggren playing in each league honestly.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I just don't get the logic of some posters on this board. Some people here are clamoring for Raymond to come play in the NHL next year when he's barely strong enough at 18 to handle the SHL. Yet 20 year old Berggren who is stronger and faster than Raymond and ALSO top 10 in SHL scoring should either stay in the SHL or go to the AHL to get stronger?

Berggren has proven all he can prove in the SHL. Detroit has a number of open spots next year and is bereft of talent. The kid should absolutely start the season in Detroit, and if he clearly can't handle it THEN maybe a trip to Grand Rapids or a loan back to Sweden.

WTF does Berggren have to do for some Detroit fans to think he belongs in the league? Win multiple SHL MVP after a string of top 5 scoring seasons and make the jump at the age of 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad