Prospect Info: Everything Swedish Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
It’s not that lofty. Seider would be a good defenseman in the nhl right now, the only reason he’s not is because he’s a prospect. So if he’s the number 1 D prospect outside the nhl wouldnt a non prospect D that’s better than him already be in the league?

Could be. My mind is still in the days where not all the best players are in the NHL. Like Datsyuk still could have played a few more seasons.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It’s not that lofty. Seider would be a good defenseman in the nhl right now, the only reason he’s not is because he’s a prospect. So if he’s the number 1 D prospect outside the nhl wouldnt a non prospect D that’s better than him already be in the league?

It depends does the team try to TANK or not.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020

These are pretty helpful insights into Seider's season. That chunk of season he missed with the shoulder injury really derailed it. Glad to see he had such a great season in the SHL but I'd have loved to see him own the record for most points in a season by an under 20 defenseman.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
These are pretty helpful insights into Seider's season. That chunk of season he missed with the shoulder injury really derailed it. Glad to see he had such a great season in the SHL but I'd have loved to see him own the record for most points in a season by an under 20 defenseman.
That shot rate curve towards the end of the season looks INSANE to me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That shot rate curve towards the end of the season looks INSANE to me.

It seems to be, that the highest shot rate will happen on a period, when Gelinas was injured. So he had to replace the MAIN power-play / offensive threat.

At same time, when the shot rate goes high, his GAA goes up. So it looks like he took more resposibility for offence (because Gelinas was out), and played less defensively, and his new partner was weaker too than Gelinas+Seider together.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
It seems to be, that the highest shot rate will happen on a period, when Gelinas was injured. So he had to replace the MAIN power-play / offensive threat.

At same time, when the shot rate goes high, his GAA goes up. So it looks like he took more resposibility for offence (because Gelinas was out), and played less defensively, and his new partner was weaker too than Gelinas+Seider together.

That's a part of it. Also Rogle had a few injuries and they lost an important piece in Hoglander to the Canucks later in the season.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Berggren now 2nd behind only Henrik Sedin in assists by a U21 forward.

Pretty crazy end to Färjestad-Skellefteå. Färjestad up 3-1, but Skellefteå scores twice in the last 30 seconds with the goalie pulled to tie it up. OT now.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Berggren now 2nd behind only Henrik Sedin in assists by a U21 forward.

Pretty crazy end to Färjestad-Skellefteå. Färjestad up 3-1, but Skellefteå scores twice in the last 30 seconds with the goalie pulled to tie it up. OT now.

Farjestad ended up winning in the end but it was a fun game. No points for Johansson today and he wasn't very visible, but that's not a bad thing as a defenseman.

Berggren is pretty underrated around these boards and I think he may be neck and neck with Raymond when ranking our prospects. 45 points in 49 games in the SHL is amazing and should keep him at 5th or 6th most in the league when all the other teams finish their seasons. I can't wait to see him in a winged wheel next season.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I have high hopes for niederbach. True playmaking center potential there.

The skill package is there for sure, but the skating could keep him from making it. If he were a step or two faster then the kid could have been a first rounder in 2020. I'm cautiously optimistic about him.

Slim

Nov 2, 2014
Up north
I have high hopes for niederbach. True playmaking center potential there.

I hope you are right, although I feel somewhat less bullish on Niederbach and I am not sure at all about Soderstrom, but if everything aligns perfectly, who knows?

With that said, I do feel extremely positive about Seider (I know we need to see him in NHL, but I have zilch doubt that he will become something very special), Johansson and Berggren will surprise a lot of people and will be considered text book examples of wicked draft steals one day. I also believe Raymond has a great chance to reach his potential and will be an important player on the Wings.

I am quitely very confident that we will have a really spiffy and exciting team within 3-5 years. I do not share the ever changing hysteria that permeates this board when it comes to our rebuild. It is like everyone intellectually surely understands the concept of a rebuild and how to do it correctly, but after a few months the patience and reason has retreated in favour of whimsical, reactionary takes that changes every week, depending on what a certain player did in one game. This is not a very competent or succesful approach to anything in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad