Player Discussion Evander Kane

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am sure you don’t have the inner workings of his personal debt anymore than I do. Certainly a team can offer him more in 1 season but Holland might offer term that makes the total more. We don’t know what he will do in the end.

An article I read spelled out his bankruptcy situation clearly enough. If I can find it I'll link it. Bankruptcy isn't private. Public record FYI.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

cecily-eklund--evander-kane-1-6443234-1686871817854.png

She and Kane have formed a friendship and often get together at hockey games. Last week they met up at Commonwealth Stadium for the Elks home opener.

“We see each other probably on a weekly basis, I would say, whether it's her over at my house or at fun activities like this," Kane said. "Cecily is a very special girl and she deserves quite a bit."

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

He has really bonded with this girl. Nice to see. I remember him saying that he often lets her and her mom come over and they all play with his kids too. evander seems to have grown up a ton the last few years. Kids probably did that to him.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

His contribution to the community and what he's been doing for Cecily really demonstrates what a incredible human being Kane really is. It's truly astonishing the contrast between what he was perceived to be a few years ago to who he has shown to be.

Glad he's an Oiler on the ice as well. Even for a down year relative to his capacity, those massive hits on Pietrangelo and putting him through the boards at every opportunity on the forecheck lead to some of the small success we had against them. The tying goal to send game 4 to OT vs LA late in the 3rd was massive as well.

Not sure if he can stay healthy for a full 82 as he hits to punish but there's no denying this man is a warrior with a heart of gold. Glad he's an Oiler for next couple of years.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He has really bonded with this girl. Nice to see. I remember him saying that he often lets her and her mom come over and they all play with his kids too. evander seems to have grown up a ton the last few years. Kids probably did that to him.
I can honestly say that he always came across as a bright and well spoken guy. The biggest issue that I had with him before we acquired him is that he kind of pinned all of his issues on race/racism and took no accountability for anything. Because I felt that he was a bright guy I hoped that he would one day just put the circus that was around him to bed and leave it behind him. When healthy he is a very impactful NHLer, off the ice he is turning into a very solid guy. Evander is a prime example of why you don't just give up on everyone in life without giving them a chance to learn from their mistakes unless they are irredeemable.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The guy was useless in the playoffs. Hopefully his wrist heals up and he can be a valuable member to this team again. I am worried.

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
The guy almost died with his wrist getting cut... Yet your worry is his play? Lmao He's going to recover buddy. I think he needed to just get through last season after what he had to deal with
These are the same type of people giving nuge who did nothing all playoffs and was completely healthy a pass.

At least Hyman and kane actually are not afraid to drag the team into a battle.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
These are the same type of people giving nuge who did nothing all playoffs and was completely healthy a pass.

At least Hyman and kane actually are not afraid to drag the team into a battle.
And nuge isn't afraid to play positionally sound.

Lots of claims that Boston wanted him, would they want someone who did nothing in the playoffs?

Nuge does little Nuge things all game every game. He covers up the mistakes of his teammates.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The guy almost died with his wrist getting cut... Yet your worry is his play? Lmao He's going to recover buddy. I think he needed to just get through last season after what he had to deal with
Agreed. Some people on here couldn't care less about how injuries can impact a human being and think they're all just robots.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The guy was useless in the playoffs. Hopefully his wrist heals up and he can be a valuable member to this team again. I am worried.

In fairness to him if he doesn't score that goal late in game 4 of the LA series, the Oilers likely lose to the Kings going down 3-1.

It wasn't the greatest playoffs but he was playing with a broken thumb that impacted his shot release.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
In fairness to him if he doesn't score that goal late in game 4 of the LA series, the Oilers likely lose to the Kings going down 3-1.

It wasn't the greatest playoffs but he was playing with a broken thumb that impacted his shot release.
Underrated goal no doubt. Kane is a good player, but that must have been a wild ride for him this season. no way do you come back from that 100% mentally.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Obviously a down year for him. We should have kept him out till the PO.

But he is on the wrong side of 30, and there is mild cause for concern he will be closer to what he was going forward. Lets just hope he can amp it all back up for the playoffs next year.

I actually don't even care about regular seasons anymore.

Cup or Bust

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I forgot where I saw it, but Evander and his GF welcomed a son into the world recently.

Kanedogg

Apr 23, 2023
I remember everyone heaping the praise on Holland when he was forced against a wall and gave him a chance.

That "a" rating needs to be averaged out with a huge contract for a very average declining player were now stuck with.

C grade signing at best looking at the full picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad