Confirmed Signing with Link: Evander Kane and Sharks 7 years ×7 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not my team so don't really care

It won't even have an impact on the market cause it's so beyond dumb, no agent will be able to look a GM in the eye with a straight face and use this contract as a comparison for their client cause there was no comparable to come up with it, just a desperate GM trying to keep his job

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

It won't even have an impact on the market cause it's so beyond dumb, no agent will be able to look a GM in the eye with a straight face and use this contract as a comparison for their client cause there was no comparable to come up with it, just a desperate GM trying to keep his job

Lucic was a comparable. And a few others could be used also.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Lucic was a comparable. And a few others could be used also.
Lucic had 3 x 60 pt seasons under his belt and only got $6MM

And we've seen how bad that one is starting to look within 2 years

I can't think of a single player getting 7 x7 that's averaged 40 pt seasons and never even cracked 60 pts once in their career

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Having a great player on a great contract bothers you?

Some do some don't, but I mean if Kane makes $7M, Scheifele should be the highest player in the league. But it goes to show how much of a heart and soul team player Scheifele is compared to Evander Kane.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He came from poverty and he works harder at playing hockey than you have ever worked at anything in your life. How exactly is he entitled?
I wouldn't speak of what you do not know, but that aside the social media pictures of his flaunting his success doesn't exactly add up with what you say. As a Sharks fan I understand the sudden defense however.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
Some do some don't, but I mean if Kane makes $7M, Scheifele should be the highest player in the league. But it goes to show how much of a heart and soul team player Scheifele is compared to Evander Kane.

You need to learn the difference between someone signing a contract as a UFA and another guy signing a contract as a RFA.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
This will probably be one of the worst contracts in the league... not to include the fact that SJS now owes Buffalo a 1st lmfao
It's really rich seeing all the Laffs fans mocking this signing and making all these claims when their team had the Lupul, Clarkson, Phaneuf and Kessel contracts that were total duds. Maybe it's a case of "takes one to know one" but it would be nice if they at least waited until the deal went bad, or until their team won something this millenium, to start crowing.

Reactions: Clowe Me

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

You underestimate the ability of an agent to turn on the BS.

mrpither

Dec 1, 2005
the 'verse
I honestly don’t think the attitude will be a problem. Just about every San Jose player who is on Instagram has posted a picture of themselves with Kane and added a caption about how excited they are to have him on the team.

The injuries are the concern for me. I think he is clearly a 30-30 caliber player when healthy but is he going to be healthy for 82 or even 75 games per season?
And with the supporting cast he'll have in SJ for a whole season his numbers may even go up. Who knows?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You need to learn the difference between someone signing a contract as a UFA and another guy signing a contract as a RFA.

Oh no, I totally do. I knew Scheifele had 61 points that season when he signed the contract. I mean it is still more than what Kane got with the Jets in 2012.

I think what I was trying to say is this is what I dislike about the cap era, is players won't get paid what their worth because of some players' greed. Thornton is taking a cut and knowing how greedy Kane takes as much as he could get from the Sharks. I find players taking salary cuts are more team players, which are the players that deserve to get paid in my opinion.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Oh no, I totally do. I knew Scheifele had 61 points that season when he signed the contract. I mean it is still more than what Kane got with the Jets in 2012.

I think what I was trying to say is this is what I dislike about the cap era, is players won't get paid what their worth because of some players' greed. Thornton is taking a cut and knowing how greedy Kane takes as much as he could get from the Sharks. I find players taking salary cuts are more team players, which are the players that deserve to get paid in my opinion.

Are you asking for a salary cut at your current job this year by any chance?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
It's really rich seeing all the Laffs fans mocking this signing and making all these claims when their team had the Lupul, Clarkson, Phaneuf and Kessel contracts that were total duds. Maybe it's a case of "takes one to know one" but it would be nice if they at least waited until the deal went bad, or until their team won something this millenium, to start crowing.
at least the leafs have won something. the sharks haven't done anything at all. 25 years and nada. also, the kessel contract was not a dud at all.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

Did I anger you? I'm giving you an unbiased opinion. Kane has 10+ seasons in the NHL, he isn't really an unknown entity. You know what he is, an injury prone cancer that isn't worth the contract.

David Clarkson was probably the only bad contract and we immediatley cried about it. I know you need to take your anger out on someone because you realize the contract is bad as well, but calm down boy

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Did I anger you? I'm giving you an unbiased opinion. Kane has 10+ seasons in the NHL, he isn't really an unknown entity. You know what he is, an injury prone cancer that isn't worth the contract.

David Clarkson was probably the only bad contract and we immediatley cried about it. I know you need to take your anger out on someone because you realize the contract is bad as well, but calm down boy

This contract is nowhere near as bad as people on here suggest that it is. It's a bit long on the term and a little too restrictive on the NTC for my liking but the dollars are fine for where the cap is heading.

Reactions: mrpither

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
at least the leafs have won something. the sharks haven't done anything at all. 25 years and nada. also, the kessel contract was not a dud at all.

To be fair.
The Leafs and Sharks have won the same amount over the past 50 years, 40 years, 30 years, 2 years; really any amount of years. Neither has a cup in the modern NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad