Confirmed Signing with Link: Evander Kane and Sharks 7 years ×7 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
My final post to this thread (hopefully it will make at least one person *think* before posting to another Evander Kane thread in the future):

People (especially Jets fans) continue to hate Kane over even the most innocuous things over three years after he's left the team. Is that normal behavior? Is it normal for Jets fans to *immediately* rush over to *every* new thread about Kane in other teams sections on HFBoards and give a day by day, hour by hour documentation of all of his alleged transgressions against humanity? Or how about posting the "Moneyphone™" or "Moneypush™" photos in every Kane thread? Yesterday someone went as far as to post a photo of him being handcuffed by police. Is this supposed to publicly shame him? As far as I know Kane was never found guilty of doing anything. At what point will the Internet vigilantes stop? Ever?

And listen to the angriness in the language of most of the posts attacking Kane even now. How many times has he been called an idiot, stupid, dullest to tool in the shed (yesterday), etc.? W. T. F. ??? Do posting these comments make people feel better about themselves? Do you see *any* other players similarly being persistently attacked online (besides maybe Subban)? What does that tell you about the people attacking Kane?

you honestly seem more hurt by all this than even most jets fans.. guys a toolbox acted like a douche in wpg and ppl like to hold grudges.. u shld get over it and ignore it if your so triggerd by it.

with that said he will play hard drive his line most likely until he gets injured. good player but now over paid. still a dick head though.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
7 years? really?

the risk vs reward feels way out of whack here for a guy long thought of as something of a headcase that has never in his career cracked 60 points

and that's even without taking into account that it also costs the Sharks a first rounder

I mean what's the absolute best case scenario here? he just barely lives up to the contract?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
7 years? really?

the risk vs reward feels way out of whack here for a guy long thought of as something of a headcase that has never in his career cracked 60 points

and that's even without taking into account that it also costs the Sharks a first rounder

I mean what's the absolute best case scenario here? he just barely lives up to the contract?

Just Wilson trying to retain him and not get fired.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Or he scores 30 + goals a year and along with his other attributes, makes him one of the best wingers in hockey. But who knows? Its a gamble they're willing to take.

Reactions: Clowe Me

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Why Kane will do better in San Jose than at Winnipeg?

Because you'll never see a Shark flipping off another teammate.

wBbmHn

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
i've been thinking and trying to find some logic behind that signing but i simply can't

There is no justifiable reason to give Evander Kane 7x7m. Now he's still relatively young and who knows his best years may be ahead of him so maybe we're all going to eat crow in the future but as of now it's still a huge gamble for the sharks.

I dont get it. If anything he should have gotten something similar to Oshie at most

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Not sure I've seen that kind of base salary structure before. Its like a rollercoaster.

$6M-$6M-$3M-$7M-$5M-$6M-$4M

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
This is a nuts contract. As a Bruins fan, the fact that Kane makes more than Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak makes me laugh. He is half the player of those 3.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I don't think it's all that bad. Certainly not all that good either for a player that's never cracked 60pts, but neither had Eichel and the Sabres gave him 80 million.

The Sharks paid for the assurance of having a quality top 6 player for at least the next 4 or 5 years. Can't really see Kane slowing down significantly barring a major injury before that. That means they won't have to go looking to fill that kind of hole again in that time period. This signing is about continuity just as much as it is about overpaying for goal scoring.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Why Kane will do better in San Jose than at Winnipeg?

Because you'll never see a Shark flipping off another teammate.

wBbmHn

Did a Sabres player flip him off? He was the exact same player on the ice.

Off the ice, he seemed to have some issues while playing for Buffalo too.

The common denominator is Kane.

That being said, he gives his all on the ice so time will tell if he is capable of being anything more than what he was in Winnipeg and Buffalo.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Holy... really? 7x7? He isn't worth his money now and I doubt he will be in the future. They might really end up regretting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->