Europa League 2017/2018

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, they don't. :facepalm: Just check the latest NT selection.
If you remove the top french team.
That's like saying if you remove Bayern from BL, Juventus from Serie A, etc... How stupid is it? :amazed:

As if the BuLi needs Bayern to knock the RPL out of europe ;-)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
As if the BuLi needs Bayern to knock the RPL out of europe ;-)
Bundesliga is far better than Ligue 1.

As for France, we will see the World Cup selection and count the number of players from Ligue 1 and not PSG.

If the Arab money didn’t come to Paris, do you honestly think likes of Mbappe would be playing in France?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Russian League is meh right now, but I believe it's because most top teams are in a rebuilding/transition period.

Other then Spartak, every top team is going young. This new generation looks talented but it isn't realistic to expect them to compete against top Euro teams right now. The fact that they are keeping their coefficient solid while rebuilding is a very good sign.

Teams are being patient and I think this is the right way to do it.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russian League is meh right now, but I believe it's because most top teams are in a rebuilding/transition period.

Other then Spartak, every top team is going young. This new generation looks talented but it isn't realistic to expect them to compete against top Euro teams right now. The fact that they are keeping their coefficient solid while rebuilding is a very good sign.

Teams are being patient and I think this is the right way to do it.
It’s even more impressive that we just recorded our best euro season ever

Reactions: Pouchkine

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It’s even more impressive that we just recorded our best euro season ever

Some of that is the fact that they have 5 teams. It'll be tougher next season with 6 teams, especially if the 6th team is mediocre which looks to be very possible.

They'll also lose 2 points to France before the season as 13/14 season number won't count anymore.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Some of that is the fact that they have 5 teams. It'll be tougher next season with 6 teams, especially if the 6th team is mediocre, which looks to be very possible.
Yeah looks like 6th team will come from the cup and it will be a lower division team, early euro exit guaranteed

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Yeah looks like 6th team will come from the cup and it will be a lower division team, early euro exit guaranteed
If Spartak wins, then I believe it'll be 6th seed.

Rubin would be an ideal choice, unfortunately they are in full rebuilding mode.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bundesliga is far better than Ligue 1.

As for France, we will see the World Cup selection and count the number of players from Ligue 1 and not PSG.

If the Arab money didn’t come to Paris, do you honestly think likes of Mbappe would be playing in France?
Yeah and if Spain didn't have Real and Barca money.
And if Italy didn't have Juve money.
And if Germany didn't have Bayern money.
And if my aunt had balls...

If french players could earn as much in France as in EPL, there wouldn't be many players out of France. So yeah I'm not particularly apologetic that some french players finally can earn as much (or more) in France rather than abroad.
Especially after years of players earning more with the 17th EPL team than the 2nd L1 team.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
If Spartak wins, then I believe it'll be 6th seed.

Rubin would be an ideal choice, unfortunately they are in full rebuilding mode.
Ufa could be decent if they keep Semak and add a couple of players.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So indeed, OM starts without a single CB starter (they'll start a DM and a young CB), no Thauvin either and no Germain. No Mandanda either. 5 starters out.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Well that was one he'll of an equalizer by CSKA.

Should also be noted that Red Bull has three teams currently in continental competitions: Leipzig and Salzburg in the Europa League and us in the CONCACAF Champions League. Say what you will about the soda people but they aren't bad at putting together teams (and that's more impressive for us because their philosophy here is to not spend for big names, we are near the bottom in MLS in payroll).

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
As much as I hate Ramsey at times, his technical skills are just amazing. What a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad