Proposal: Erik Karlsson to Pittsburgh

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Letang is set at 7.25 for 5 years.

EK is a FA in a year. No way we can resign him. Letang is more valuable. Look at the stats, EK is not that much of an Upgrade. Id say Letang is just as good as EK.
Lmao. I’m a pens fan and Karlsson is a top 3 player in the league. Letang is barely top 25.

Reactions: busterlid

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

EK is a FA in a year. No way we can resign him. Letang is more valuable. Look at the stats, EK is not that much of an Upgrade. Id say Letang is just as good as EK.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.

Haha Okay, yeah.. 7.25x5 for a guy who's had a stroke and is playing like his brain was botched with an ice pic on Gary Bussey's labotomy island, is worth more than the multi-Norris winning, best offensive D in the league. What a joke of a post, dude. You couldn't be a bigger homer if you tried. I'm a Stars fan btw. I have no horse in this race. I'll add that I wouldn't trade Klingberg for Letang, in hopes your head explodes so none of us have to read your opinions again.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Haha Okay, yeah.. 7.25x5 for a guy who's had a stroke and is playing like his brain was botched with an ice pic on Gary Bussey's labotomy island, is worth more than the multi-Norris winning, best offensive D in the league. What a joke of a post, dude. You couldn't be a bigger homer if you tried. I'm a Stars fan btw. I have no horse in this race. I'll add that I wouldn't trade Klingberg for Letang, in hopes your head explodes so none of us have to read your opinions again.

Ok, guy with a stroke and brain problems is 2nd in scoring among defensemen. What does that say about the rest of the league?

Reactions: PensandCaps

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

EK ain't playing well. Either. He's actually been worse than Letang so far this year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not only is it not enough, but it wouldn't make sense from a budgetary standpoint. Ottawa sends the two best players in the trade for two worse (and more expensive*) players, plus some prospects/draft picks? It would make us worse immediately. No thanks.

* Karlsson and Letang are effectively a wash for the next two years but Dzingel is younger, better and cheaper than Hagelin. Yeah, I guess Burrows helps offset the difference but it makes no sense from a hockey standpoint since Karl and Dzingel are better than Letang and Hags.
Huh? Dzingel is not better than Letang.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
And I would get why you wouldn't trade Klingberg for Letang. Because He's on a cheaper contract, even though Letang is alot more proven and is a better Dman.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Like Karlsson with his foot and his own struggles?

You have 1 player whose injuries have been a skate cut and a broken bone ... in other words random hockey injuries and unlikely to reoccur. Then compare that to player 2 whose injuries include a stroke, spinal surgery and an extensive concussion history. You've gotta admit most teams are going to think twice about the risks associated with player 2 there as compared with player 1.

Reactions: busterlid

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Close this thread. Neither fan base will get what they want. Personally I would want Malkin back for Karlsson. You have to give to get. Period.

And I want to win the lotto - but that's even more likely to happen then Pittsburgh trading Malkin. Ottawa would never get a player like Malkin as the return for Karlsson - it just will not happen. But hey, at least you're ambitious and have high hopes... just be prepared to be disappointed, because there's zero chances of them getting met.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Malkin for Karlsson, Letang is just as good as Karlsson. This is a weird thread now, I think I'm at the wrong place. Can someone help me find the exit?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Close this thread. Neither fan base will get what they want. Personally I would want Malkin back for Karlsson. You have to give to get. Period.

You say you have to give to get, yet you think 1.5 years of Karlsson is worth Malkin?

Either the Senators extend Karlsson to trade for a big return or keep him. If not, they'll get a package for a bunch of decent pieces.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Malkin would never approve of a trade to Ott. Look at it from his perspective.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Since this thread is about Ottawa-Pittsburgh, I remember there was some discussions about Sheary for Pageau. I vaguely remember Ottawa fans saying no to that because of the uncertainty around Turris' future and they already had MacArthur on the team. With the Senators now having Duchene and MacArthur being done, would that change anything? I still think Sheary for Pageau may work well for both sides.

Edit: Or maybe something like Dumoulin and Sheary for Pageau and Ceci.

Last edited:

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Since this thread is about Ottawa-Pittsburgh, I remember there was some discussions about Sheary for Pageau. I vaguely remember Ottawa fans saying no to that because of the uncertainty around Turris' future and they already had MacArthur on the team. With the Senators now having Duchene and MacArthur being done, would that change anything? I still think Sheary for Pageau may work well for both sides.

Edit: Or maybe something like Dumoulin and Sheary for Pageau and Ceci.

If Colin White was getting games for Ottawa I'd be more inclined to say yes to Sheary for Pageau because then there would at least be a succession plan in place. However if Pageau's out, I'm not really sure who fills that #3C role in Ottawa, or who scores for the Sens against Montreal. Maybe Zack Smith because he wouldn't be needed in a top 6 winger role if Sheary was in the lineup.

I know he's injured but if Chris Wideman was included as well, what about Wideman and Pageau for Sheary and Sheahan?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Colin White was getting games for Ottawa I'd be more inclined to say yes to Sheary for Pageau because then there would at least be a succession plan in place. However if Pageau's out, I'm not really sure who fills that #3C role in Ottawa, or who scores for the Sens against Montreal. Maybe Zack Smith because he wouldn't be needed in a top 6 winger role if Sheary was in the lineup.

I know he's injured but if Chris Wideman was included as well, what about Wideman and Pageau for Sheary and Sheahan?

I'd do this because I also like Wideman. I was actually trying to figure out how to include him in a deal in the original post.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I'd do this because I also like Wideman. I was actually trying to figure out how to include him in a deal in the original post.

Is there any particular reason why Sheary's production has dropped this year? He only has one point more than Pageau which is concerning. The Sens have bought high on small forwards in the past (Cory Conacher) only to see them fall off a cliff and eventually turn into a nothing return.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is there any particular reason why Sheary's production has dropped this year? He only has one point more than Pageau which is concerning. The Sens have bought high on small forwards in the past (Cory Conacher) only to see them fall off a cliff and eventually turn into a nothing return.

Basically the entire Penguins team has had big issues scoring at ES on the year, which is why you see underwhelming ES numbers from basically everyone on the team. He has an on-ice shooting% of 6.5% this year, he was over 11% last year (Crosby is at 6.1% this year, which shows how much he's struggling at ES). With a normal on ice shooting% for Sheary (considering he plays with Crosby a lot, it would probably be over 9%), Sheary would have been on the ice for probably like 7 more goals on the year.

The entire Penguins team has been not scoring goals at ES at an unsustainable level. Their 5v5 shooting% is absurdly low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad