2. Karlsson, E
ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Sheary, C
  2. Reaves, R
  3. Schultz, J
  4. Hagelin, C
  5. 2018 1st round pick (PIT)

This trade would give ottawa a youngish 50 points dman on a cheap contract, a 50+ cheap top 6 forward, a extremly fast winger, that is a b2b stanley cup winner, Ryan Reaves who was traded for a 1st round pick this summer and a unprotected 1st round pick this summer that could turn into Dahlin. And Melnyk doesn't have to pay Bobby Ryans generous salary.

Pens gets a major shake up in the organization and sully might wake up if even his family isn't safe from being traded.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Mattaa + Guentzel +2018 1st + conditional 2019 if Pitt makes finals for EK65?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
pittsburgh_penguins.svg
PIT

1. Ryan, B
  2. Karlsson, E
ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Sheary, C
  2. Reaves, R
  3. Schultz, J
  4. Hagelin, C

This trade would give ottawa a youngish 50 points dman on a cheap contract, a 50+ cheap top 6 forward, a extremly fast winger, that is a b2b stanley cup winner, Ryan Reaves who was traded for a 1st round pick this summer and a unprotected 1st round pick this summer that could turn into Dahlin. And Melnyk doesn't have to pay Bobby Ryans generous salary.

Pens gets a major shake up in the organization and sully might wake up if even his family isn't safe from being traded.

This is the worst Karlsson trade proposal I have seen

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
pittsburgh_penguins.svg
PIT

1. Ryan, B
  2. Karlsson, E
ottawa_senators.svg
OTT

1. Sheary, C
  2. Reaves, R
  3. Schultz, J
  4. Hagelin, C

If this isn't a troll post, I would suggest that you get yourself checked for a variety of cognitive issues

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
These two aren't comparable at all. Letang has had buttloads of injuries over the years and this is what, Karlssons first or second severe one?
Letang at 7 250 mil per 4+ years or Karlsson 1+ years or resign him 8 years at 11 to 12 million per . Karlsson is better but the gap between the two isn't 4 + million per season . Letang is good enough to help Pittsburgh win .

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why would it cost Malkin or Malkin+ for Karlsson? some people are bat shit crazy. For one thing who will play 2nd line C? Malkin and Crosby are here untill retirement. You don't go to say Oilers and demand McDavid for example.

what about Brassard + for Letang?

No thanks if we aren't getting Karlsson. Pens wont gut their team for Karlsson either or we become a weaker team.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Letang at 7 250 mil per 4+ years or Karlsson 1+ years or resign him 8 years at 11 to 12 million per . Karlsson is better but the gap between the two isn't 4 + million per season . Letang is good enough to help Pittsburgh win .

No doubt about that but the poster was comparing injuries between the two players and their situations in that aspect are nothing alike

I'd still take the best D-man in the league for 4MIL more, but that's just IMO.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
No doubt about that but the poster was comparing injuries between the two players and their situations in that aspect are nothing alike

I'd still take the best D-man in the league for 4MIL more, but that's just IMO.
Depends if Karlsson is going to be Karlsson again from the injury. If he is back then i'd easily take the extra 4M for Karlsson too.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Pittsburgh receives:
• Erik Karlsson, D ($6.5M)
• Ryan Dzingel, LW ($1.8M)

Ottawa receives:
• Kris Letang, D ($7.5M)
• Daniel Sprong, RW
• 2018 First Round Pick
• 2019 Second Round Pick

Why Pittsburgh Does It:
The Penguins are exploring shaking up the team. Karlsson may be having a down year (most likely due to injury) but he is arguably one of the greatest defenseman of all time and is an upgrade over Letang. Going for it with Karlsson for the next two years is worth giving up Letang's longer salary and Sprong. Dzingel is a good bottom six player.

Why Ottawa Does It:
The Senators are in a major funk right now, and with their owner's indecisiveness towards paying players alot of money and with the threat of him walking for nothing, trade Karlsson. Letang when healthy is a top pairing D-Man, and is still only 30 years old and signed for another 4 years at $7.5 AAV (around the going rate for top pairing defenseman). Sprong has the potential to be a top six player and is still on his rookie contract. With the extra picks they could try and use it to dump Bobby Ryan and his salary.

Thoughts?
I would freak out if the Pens landed Karlsson. No way

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I'm sure Melnyk loves the Pens that much, probably hung up the phone the moment JR called to inquire.

Melnyk just dislikes Cooke. He has no real reason to dislike the PEnguins outside of the usual rivalry platitudes, which are irrelevant.

That said, if we trade Karlsson we need a good young D back and some prospects.
I'd do Karlsson + ANderson for Murray, Maatta and stuff on both sides. Obviously we have to add, as Anderson is a bit of an eye-rolling (literally, watch him when he allows a bad goal), declining special one (to put it politely). We're getting the better goalie, you're getting a far better defenceman. Work out the kinks.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Melnyk just dislikes Cooke. He has no real reason to dislike the PEnguins outside of the usual rivalry platitudes, which are irrelevant.

That said, if we trade Karlsson we need a good young D back and some prospects.
I'd do Karlsson + ANderson for Murray, Maatta and stuff on both sides. Obviously we have to add, as Anderson is a bit of an eye-rolling (literally, watch him when he allows a bad goal), declining special one (to put it politely). We're getting the better goalie, you're getting a far better defenceman. Work out the kinks.

Don't get me wrong I would absolutely love EK on the Pens but I doubt it happens. The only way the Pens could realistically fit EK cap wise, Letang (I don't mean 1 for 1 we have to add more assets to Ottawa) has to go the other way as part of it and I'm not sure Ottawa is on his trade list. That's why it won't happen.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Feel like there should be a poll where people want Karlsson the most.

Moderators should also make a thread that says: ALL ERIK KARLSSON TALK HERE!

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Has Melnyks FBI investigation of the Penguins ended yet?

Reactions: enviSAGE and NEPA

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Why don't we trade Karlsson to Pittsburg so he can be with back to back Stanley Cup Champs and all stars in Malkin Crosby and Hotdog boy, because man, if there's one thing this league needs, it's for Pittsburg to have all the best players in the world on their team! While we're at it, can they land Carey Price too?!?!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I love Guentzel and he’s stupid value for the money right now, but for EK, I’d include him with Maatta.

Sens have a few forwards that would fit the Pens needs with Hoffman, Brassard, Pageau if Guentzel is heading out.

Move Letang in a separate deal to clear the cap space and fill other areas/restock the cupboard.

After watching EK in the conference finals, I’d give up quite a bit to watch that guy with 87 and 71 for the rest of our contending window.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why don't we trade Karlsson to Pittsburg so he can be with back to back Stanley Cup Champs and all stars in Malkin Crosby and Hotdog boy, because man, if there's one thing this league needs, it's for Pittsburg to have all the best players in the world on their team! While we're at it, can they land Carey Price too?!?!

Price wouldn't fit under the cap, but I like that idea of more championships very much!:thumbu:

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Don't get me wrong I would absolutely love EK on the Pens but I doubt it happens. The only way the Pens could realistically fit EK cap wise, Letang (I don't mean 1 for 1 we have to add more assets to Ottawa) has to go the other way as part of it and I'm not sure Ottawa is on his trade list. That's why it won't happen.

Exactly. Salary is one of the many reasons it's a non starter. Assets are obviously another.

Now, in two years, if EK is interested in taking a Subban-level deal rather than Macon out, and the Pens can move Letang and haven't fallen apart as a competitor, that's the only realistic scenario where I could see him ever landing in Pitt. Cap would probably have to be 82-84m around that time. Aside from that, pipe dream.

Reactions: NEPA

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You can't be serious..

Letang is set at 7.25 for 5 years.

EK is a FA in a year. No way we can resign him. Letang is more valuable. Look at the stats, EK is not that much of an Upgrade. Id say Letang is just as good as EK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad