Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Even though it was obvious what the plan was, the franchise doesn’t deserve a dime from anyone with a scumbag move like this. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a well-known con man is teasing the fans just so they can renew season tickets. Scamming people out of their money is nothing new from this buffoon.

You’re better off looking for unicorns than waiting for a Stanley Cup under Melnyk. This franchise is in the f***ing gutter and it’ll take a miracle to get out.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Put yourself in Karlssons shoes. Why in the world would he sign short term? It makes no sense at all.

Can I also put myself in EK's financial position? It's not a gamble you or I would take, but I might consider it if I'm being compensated for the extra risk and if I already had EK's bank statement. He's risking a lot, for sure, but that gamble could pay out a few extra million per year in the short term. And if he's still tearing it up in a few years, he walks right into another monster deal where he doesn't have to take a salary reduction because he's asking for extended term.

All that said, I know it's a long shot to go down that way.

Reactions: topshelf15

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
If EK gets traded man, this team and people who root for it are gonna be jokes.
The backlash and horrible attendance might be the only good thing that could come of this.

Something is rotten about this franchise if we're the only team in the league that wouldn't pay Karlsson his market value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liliaceae
Mar 14, 2015
Can I also put myself in EK's financial position? It's not a gamble you or I would take, but I might consider it if I'm being compensated for the extra risk and if I already had EK's bank statement. He's risking a lot, for sure, but that gamble could pay out a few extra million per year in the short term. And if he's still tearing it up in a few years, he walks right into another monster deal where he doesn't have to take a salary reduction because he's asking for extended term.

All that said, I know it's a long shot to go down that way.

Hehe yeah its a long shot that has no possibility of hitting the target. Wishfull thinking.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I have heard that he hasn't let those disgusting Instagram tweets go and has had forensic investigators track down who was responsible...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I have heard that he hasn't let those disgusting Instagram tweets go and has had forensic investigators track down who was responsible...

After the Collangelo stuff in the NBA I'm pretty interested to see where this goes.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Even though it was obvious what the plan was, the franchise doesn’t deserve a dime from anyone with a ******* move like this. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a well-known con man is teasing the fans just so they can renew season tickets. Scamming people out of their money is nothing new from this buffoon.

You’re better off looking for unicorns than waiting for a Stanley Cup under Melnyk. This franchise is in the ****ing gutter and it’ll take a miracle to get out.
No kidding. I am hoping attendance drops to sub-10000 so Melnyk is persuaded to sell. Probably just getting my hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad