Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
New thread.

Last posts:

I truly believe that was how Cameron asked him to play. Watching his play in Olympics and such made me believe he really can be defensively sound if he's asked to be. This season just confirms it

That is true leadership and toughness.

I'm still in shock how the guy and play with a broken foot. It's hard enough to walk with broken bones int eh foot, but to move around on skates where you're putting extra stress on your foot....how much longer can he do it?

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
2008 Draft Flashback

From nhl.com

'... The full house at Scotiabank Place roared when Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson stepped to the podium and selected his countryman.

"To be picked by the Senators when the draft is in Ottawa is amazing and to hear your name be called out by Alfredsson is a nice feeling and I will remember it for the rest of my life," said Karlsson.

"Hopefully I will make the citizens of Ottawa happy," added Karlsson who, at five-foot-11 and 165 pounds, will certainly need to put on some weight and muscle before making the move to the NHL. ....'

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
2008 Draft Flashback

From nhl.com

'... The full house at Scotiabank Place roared when Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson stepped to the podium and selected his countryman.

"To be picked by the Senators when the draft is in Ottawa is amazing and to hear your name be called out by Alfredsson is a nice feeling and I will remember it for the rest of my life," said Karlsson.

"Hopefully I will make the citizens of Ottawa happy," added Karlsson who, at five-foot-11 and 165 pounds, will certainly need to put on some weight and muscle before making the move to the NHL. ....'

Omg... he's leaving for sure. Didn't even say when he was drafted that he wanted to play his whole career here.

It's over people. Sell the team.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
What would the stats have looked like with 2017 Karlsson on our 2005/2007 teams?

Alfie/Spez/Heater/Karlsson on a PP. Yikes.

Anidalife

Nov 16, 2007
What would the stats have looked like with 2017 Karlsson on our 2005/2007 teams?

Alfie/Spez/Heater/Karlsson on a PP. Yikes.

PP probably end up at 10% because that's just how hockey likes to troll you. :laugh:

In reality, I don't think he's playing as well as he was in the Boston series overall, but in some parts of most games this series he's played better when we really needed him.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Honestly I'm worried about all the media attention he's getting... he's only going to want more money.

We should trade him asap for picks

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Not a fan of our managements just gushing so publicly about Karlsson. If it's to stroke his ego, find another way. Babbling to the media where words can be misconstrued just doesn't seem right. Also as a sports fan, i believe in jinxes and public quotes being used as bulletin board material. See Mr. Melnyk proclaiming 'we're gonna kill them' before game 7 against the maple leafs circa 2004

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hey remember all the "Yeah but you wouldn't want him defending a one goal lead late in a playoff game" bullcrap?

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I've praised Karlsson since 2008 on here. A lot of the hate is just jealous media and fans.

Him, Stone etc. are what can win the Sens the cup. No Reddens or crap like that Karlsson is gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->