Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread: He mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I honestly think there should be two awards for defencemen, one for the best offensive defencemen which Karlsson would probably own for a while & a second award for best overall or maybe even best defensive defenceman to give some credence to good defensive play & the ability to reduce goals against.

Unlike the majority here I don't think Karlsson is the best overall defenceman but obviously the best offensive defenceman even though he is, yr after yr, getting slightly better defensively. I do think Doughty is better overall & Burns as well.
Errr

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I honestly think there should be two awards for defencemen, one for the best offensive defencemen which Karlsson would probably own for a while & a second award for best overall or maybe even best defensive defenceman to give some credence to good defensive play & the ability to reduce goals against.

Unlike the majority here I don't think Karlsson is the best overall defenceman but obviously the best offensive defenceman even though he is, yr after yr, getting slightly better defensively. I do think Doughty is better overall & Burns as well.

Main boards starting to wear off on you eh?

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

I question how much you've seen of San Jose to think not only that Burns is the best overall defesemen on his team [many would disagree], but top two in the league.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

how many games have you watched burns play?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Burns???

giphy.gif

Burns is absolutely horrible defensively. HAHAHA. He's tall though, so that's a plus.

maybe Andrej Sustr for the Norris this year. :shakehead

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Aragorn, to his credit(?), has been consistent in his views on Karlsson. Pretty sure it was jus last year he said Ceci is better all-around and will be better defender than Ek in future.

Karlsson is too short and doesn't hit. 2 MUSTS for anything hockey, let alone defense.

I thought that was CPMPhoenix (sic?).

Pretty sure that was hte same guy who was convinced that Rundblad was going to be better than EK by the end of the 2011-12 season. 2013 by the LATEST!!!

LOL

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
If Melnyk stays on as the owner of this team long term I can easily see Karlsson finishing his career elsewhere. One thing this organization has never been able to do well is hang onto it's most significant players long term.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
It blows my mind that it's still so bad... BM has been in charge for eight years now

He picked all these players to be on his club... Every contract here he signed

Murray loves loves loves character and guys that work hard because that is what he sees in himself. He probably sees skill as some wild, untamed beast that isn't coachable. Likely as well, he thinks these guys won't ask for much money or be much trouble on or off the ice.

K was right to *****, hopefully it's the pail of ice cold water Melnyk needs to free some money to improve the defence.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Murray loves loves loves character and guys that work hard because that is what he sees in himself. He probably sees skill as some wild, untamed beast that isn't coachable. Likely as well, he thinks these guys won't ask for much money or be much trouble on or off the ice.

K was right to *****, hopefully it's the pail of ice cold water Melnyk needs to free some money to improve the defence.
Melnyk gave Murray money. Murray went on to spend a chunk of it on greening cowen borowicki Neil and Phillips. Uhh I don't blame Melnyk for maybe keeping the purse strings tight till Murray leaves.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Melnyk gave Murray money. Murray went on to spend a chunk of it on greening cowen borowicki Neil and Phillips. Uhh I don't blame Melnyk for maybe keeping the purse strings tight till Murray leaves.
And not many were complaining when he any of that ,Cowen busting ,Phillips back giving out .Greening was signed after he had a fabulous playoff series against Pittburgh ,and a decent season as a top 9 winger.Far too much revisionist history going on here

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
If Karlsson demands a trade soon its game over. This franchise will end up like the leafs for the next decade. And honestly I wouldn't blame him at this point he's wasting his prime years here.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
And not many were complaining when he any of that ,Cowen busting ,Phillips back giving out .Greening was signed after he had a fabulous playoff series against Pittburgh ,and a decent season as a top 9 winger.Far too much revisionist history going on here

I wasnt ok with any of those signings except Cowen. I wasn't ok with the Michalek extension but what could you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad