Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread: He mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I feel bad for Ceci.. this team is asking him to do way too much out there, and we have no players that can insulate him. The only guy we have is Philipps, and he's absolute garbage. Murray needs to swing a deal for a veteran guy and soon

Could you not find a better phrase then this? It's a terrible thing to say about a person.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Boucher with a 19G 50Pts season
Refalski coming off a 55Pts season

If we could have either right now from those years, would easily be our 2D right now

I'd be willing to guess you didn't follow Boucher's career. I have, from his days in Granby, to Buffalo, to LA, through his horrible wrist injury that set him back 2 seasons, to Dallas, to Pittsburgh.

Trust me, while the kid had freaking amazing potential in junior, he never lived up to his potential. He was mainly a big (soft) body, mediocre skater, with a massive shot, and a rare right-handed defenseman.

I feel bad for Ceci.. this team is asking him to do way too much out there, and we have no players that can insulate him. The only guy we have is Philipps, and he's absolute garbage. Murray needs to swing a deal for a veteran guy and soon

Agreed. Ceci would really shine with a solid veteran partner. Doesn't have to be any kind of star player, just someone who can defend well, that Ceci can actually trust as his partner so he can finally play his game.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Could you not find a better phrase then this? It's a terrible thing to say about a person.

Intention was not to call Philipps as a person that at all. I'm sure he's a great guy, but his play on the ice has been horrible over the past few years. He was a great player for us in his prime, but I think it's time for him to hang them up

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Dont believe everything you read dude,there are problems on the defense .Ceci isnt one of them ,we have one nhl capable LH defender.And for most all of this season one of our best defensive LW based on QOC has been Mike Hoffman .You really should look more at the roster

Yup don't believe all you read!!!

While it is easy to blame the whipping boys for Ceci failures, fact is Ceci has been very good this season.

Nobody should suggest he hasn't has games where he looks like he is starting to figure it all out, but overall he is playing like he did in Junior without the offense.

The upside is he is only 22 year old and he should get stronger which will help him in the D zone.

PS I did find the bloggers comments a little harsh and I do believe PW is absolutely the wrong type of Dman to have with Ceci.

Also believe Ceci's best consecutive games were played when partner with Cowen, the type of player Ceci needs as his partner IMO.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yup don't believe all you read!!!

While it is easy to blame the whipping boys for Ceci failures, fact is Ceci has been very good this season.

Nobody should suggest he hasn't has games where he looks like he is starting to figure it all out, but overall he is playing like he did in Junior without the offense.

The upside is he is only 22 year old and he should get stronger which will help him in the D zone.

PS I did find the bloggers comments a little harsh and I do believe PW is absolutely the wrong type of Dman to have with Ceci.

Also believe Ceci's best consecutive games were played when partner with Cowen, the type of player Ceci needs as his partner IMO.

Duncan Keith would be great; but Methot would do nicely!

Same could be said for Karlson's partner.

This team really needs a top pairing Defenseman as it only has one now, and the others are playing at third pairing level, including Ceci.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's kinda the problem with defensemen and goalies. Just about any time they make a mistake, or just don't take an angle or make a play perfectly, there's good chance the puck goes in the net and they look foolish. Most fans recognize that fact with goalies, but not always with defensemen.

Forwards can make a dozen mistakes in a game and not cost a goal, or even be picked up by half the fans.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That's kinda the problem with defensemen and goalies. Just about any time they make a mistake, or just don't take an angle or make a play perfectly, there's good chance the puck goes in the net and they look foolish. Most fans recognize that fact with goalies, but not always with defensemen.

Forwards can make a dozen mistakes in a game and not cost a goal, or even be picked up by half the fans.
Ceci has already shown more,in his two years in the league. Than Wiercioch and Cowen did ever,yet some believe trading him .Is a good idea,i get the biggest laugh when they suggest Drouin,for him is a good idea.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad