Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread: He mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson's not gonna demand a trade soon, this organization has been amazing to him, he's not gonna bolt. He's gonna wait another year or 2 while our young guys progress and see if management gonna take required steps to make em a contender.

Although we must try to salvage this season, not just for Karlsson but bigger picture of team development.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
People you need to calm down. No 25 year old just demands a trade because he team is sturggling a bit. You guys make it sound like we've been a lotto team for the past 5 years. He's having individual success, and he has many friends on the team and within the org. The team just needs some work on the defense, like holy crap he's not going to demand a trade, the organization has treated him very well so far.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
If this team loses Karlsson I'm just going to stop watching NHL hockey for a while. I wont be able to cheer for another team, but the Sens losing Karlsson... well, I'm glad that it doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon. But I'll be damned if I'm going to give them any money in any manner what so ever if they can't keep our best and most important player invested in the team long term.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I wasnt ok with any of those signings except Cowen. I wasn't ok with the Michalek extension but what could you do
None of them were unexpected though.Phillips was resigned to provide some veteran stability from the bottom 4 ,maybe a year too long .But nothing too bad .Neil got 4 years because the Rangers had offered 3 at almost 3 mil per.

Greening looked every bit the part of a solid top 9 forward.Then he fell off a cliff.

Cowen and Wiercioch were signed in hopes they would grow into top 4 guys ,after showing some growth .They have now since failed .

Boro iam not too sure why people would be upset at signing a decent 6/7 defender at 1.2 mil

9mm 3 years at 4 mil ,15 to 20 goal potential .Multi use forward ,plays both wings,can PK PP .And provide decent veteran support for a young group of forwards.Last season he provided solid production in Macather,s absense,and was a big part of the teams big run .

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And now it looks like Ceci is done progressing...sigh.
I dont see that ,i see a young defender trying to do too much .He works his tail off in the dzone ,and has provided some offensive support in the last few games .He really needs a experienced partner ,this has to be the team,s number 1 goal in the offseason

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
:laugh:Thats a pretty big reach,considering Ceci was already a better defender at 20, than Priessing ever was .

Preissing was an all situation defenseman who had a 43 and 38 point season.

He also played a huge role paired with Corvo on our run to the cup.

Maybe your to young to remember how good he was

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Preissing was OK, but he did enjoy bottom-pairing matchups and playing with the most talented lineup of forwards in the league.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

And maybe your too young too remember how actually weak he was as a defender ,think MA Bergeron .Ceci already plays a better defense game ,if you think otherwise i dont think you watched much of either:nod:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

The year he was with Ottawa, 7 guys in the NHL had over 100 points. Preissing was tied for the 31/32 spot for points by defensemen. He was also one point ahead of Corvo and two points ahead of Redden (Wade only played 64 games to Preissings 80 though).

Not saying the guy was chopped liver or anything, but the league was a bit different points-wise at that time. And Ottawa basically had an all-star team during the Pizza Line days. Simply looking at point totals isn't the end-all, be-all for a player.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The year he was with Ottawa, 7 guys in the NHL had over 100 points. Preissing was tied for the 31/32 spot for points by defensemen. He was also one point ahead of Corvo and two points ahead of Redden (Wade only played 64 games to Preissings 80 though).

Not saying the guy was chopped liver or anything, but the league was a bit different points-wise at that time. And Ottawa basically had an all-star team during the Pizza Line days. Simply looking at point totals isn't the end-all, be-all for a player.
Yep ,he was out of the league pretty quickly after signing in LA ,very weak defensive player.Comparing Ceci to him is pretty much as far a reach as you can get

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
If Karlsson demands a trade soon its game over. This franchise will end up like the leafs for the next decade. And honestly I wouldn't blame him at this point he's wasting his prime years here.

If he is traded it would likely to be a team in worse shape ten Ottawa.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So Ceci will finish top 20 in Norris voting when?
Yep him scoring on two pretty stacked rosters ,doesnt make him a norris defender sorry bud .Go ahead and poll most here and you wont find many that would agree with you .Preissing was a depth PP dman ,Ceci is a young two way defender still growing into his game ,and is the better defense man period

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
:biglaugh:

Yeah, a few spots behind Phillip Boucher and Brian Rafalski. Such elite company.
Too may here think Ceci is hot garbage ,the kid is barely 22 years old .And since he came into the league as a 20 year old. Has had to try and carry dmen that arent nhl defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad