Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread: He mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd like to talk about our sick blueline... Our incredible pipe line of prospects, our amazing coach, are deeply talented forward cast

But sadly we don't have any of that :(
Huh ??you full of revisionist history arent you ??

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I won't mad if he wants out. I'd probably just start watching the team he plays for instead.

My Karlsson fanaticism has surpassed my Senators fanaticism.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Wasn't EK saying that the Sens must rely on physicality and grinding to be able to win games, rather than talent, of which they have less than top teams like the Blackhawks or the Capitals?

That was my take on this. He basically said that they need to always work hard to beat teams loaded with talent. I had no problem with what he said.

DC's comments were a bit more disturbing.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Apparently NHL coaches don't think Karlsson's been the best dman this year.

1. They don't really see him play very often (rely on highlight shows like out-of-town fans).
2. Almost all of them would gladly trade any Dman on their roster for him (and those that wouldn't would be wrong).

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Karlsson has carried this team on his back.

Cameron has complained that the team has too much skill
Maybe he doesn't know how to coach the skilled players.
Sens need a new GM, new coach and new thinking.

For that we may we may need a new owner.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014

Agreed, but for now, can we just get a top 4 d-man.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

We need new players. Two top 4 defencemen that can actually provide secondary offence. An experienced 3rd liner/PKer (sadly like Condra, who I did not think we would miss but do), and for Turris, MacArthur, Methot and Michalek to be healthy.

It isn't the coach that is the problem. What is he supposed to do? Right now he can go with Borowiecki with 2 points, Cowen who is seemingly lobotimized, Wiercioch with his 3 points and incredible physicality, or Claesson a probable AHL journeyman as the partner to the best defenceman in the world. Not even Scotty freaking Bowman could coach this team to success right now. The only NHL caliber LD we have is Methot who is injured/playing injured and is having a disappointing season himself. Then Ceci also has a dumpster fire partner. Wideman could maybe be effective if he had a veteran LD partner too.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Cameron is pissed at Wiercioch and Cowen for thinking they are "skilled". For Chiasson thinking he is skilled. Those 3 are needed because we have nothing else. But instead of playing hard and physical and grinding... They think they are offensive catalysts.

He is telling the non skilled guys you better freaking play like Boro and not try to skill your way around the ice... Because you aren't Karlsson or Bobby Ryan... And thinking you are "special" is not going to get us anywhere. Do the dirty work, win puck battles. Hit to punish and wear down the other team. But Cowen is now soft as butter. But he can't even bench these guys because there is literally no one else.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well our defence does suck. It's also been hand picked by Murray and CO.
They drafted guys like Rundblad,Cowen and Wiercioch , and they didnt pan out .Its not the first time in the history of the league, that a team have put faith in their youth and its failed.

Its just magnified by fans here ,because those three misses are what has killed any steady rise in play by the team.In reality ,we have have had many more success with our drafted kids than faliures.But we get it now its all BM,s fault right ??

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
They drafted guys like Rundblad,Cowen and Wiercioch , and they didnt pan out .Its not the first time in the history of the league, that a team have put faith in their youth and its failed.

Its just magnified by fans here ,because those three misses are what has killed any steady rise in play by the team.In reality ,we have have had many more success with our drafted kids than faliures.But we get it now its all BM,s fault right ??

I never have been into trashing Murray. But really we need a Gonchar replacement since Gonchar left and we never got one. It has been years now.

We are icing a team with three LD making like $7 million that have 128 games played and 9 points. That is unacceptable. If you include Methot you get $5 million more and 6 points... And none of them are very good defensively. The PK is last in the league.

We need a veteran competent LD that can both defend and move the puck. We need it so badly. It doesn't matter that we drafted busts on defence 5/6/7 years ago. We need just a decent defenceman now. They are hard to find, but we have needed one for so long, and so desperately... There is no longer a good excuse that Murray hasn't found a solution.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I won't mad if he wants out. I'd probably just start watching the team he plays for instead.

My Karlsson fanaticism has surpassed my Senators fanaticism.

What's scary is I'm actually leaning to this as well.

I adored Hossa through every thing and when he left a huge piece of me crashed but I remained a Sens fan, mostly cause I still loved Alfredsson.

But Karlsson is a generational talent who's done more for this team(individual achievement) than anyone ever has(actually I'd say Alfredsson's 2007 cup run was most anyone gave to this team) and he's only 25.

Karlsson loves this city and this team and Alfredsson gonna take over job in office so that's gonna mean Karlsson has more reason to stay but Ottawa has to open up and be a contender soon cause imo karlsson will stay for a long time but if he calls it quits i'm gonna be in a very dark crossroad.

Apparently NHL coaches don't think Karlsson's been the best dman this year.

I'm actually shocked at the results. Perhaps cause LA top team they watching Doughty and LA more. Kopitar having a bloody brilliant season and that team is hot in all areas.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO we don't need to worry until the end of next season.

If by the end of next season we aren't a legittt playoff team then all hell should run loose.

For now though, we still have to find some way of making playoffs. Not making playoffs will be a huge huge blow to our team and development progression.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm actually shocked at the results. Perhaps cause LA top team they watching Doughty and LA more. Kopitar having a bloody brilliant season and that team is hot in all areas.

It's probably that mixed with Doughty always being a "safe " answer to these questions, it reminds me of when people always used to call Datsyuk the best player in the league even when another player was clearly having a better season.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
new chant at games should be 'spend some money'

Yes.

You can fire Murray (or "retire" given the situation) for betting on Cowen and Wiercioch and watching them fail. That's fine. I would have been in the keep Murray camp until this year. He had another chance to fix a bad defence last summer and didn't. I'm ok with letting him go for making some bad choices.

Nonetheless, a new GM isn't bringing this team to contender status with the current budget. Barring a miracle. It's been mentioned but our bad contracts are not that bad vs. the rest of the league. Some of the the players people complain about here are not even that overpaid at all. The Sens just have no room for mistakes when it comes to money.

Bottom line is if the franchise is serious about competing, it needs to compete with the wallet too.

My thinking is that why is the most obvious solution to making a mediocre team better off the table? Why is the discussion about making more Turris type rip off deals or drafting a new Karlsson every year to improve the team. We have cap room to add a good player or two. They have an option they aren't exploring - spend more money. We have the cap space.

It's like we're starving and worried about growing crops or finding a second job to feed ourselves when there's a steak sitting right in front of us.

Melnyk needs to spend or get out.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
They only think he is second best. The horror!

Lol Who cares.. When coach vote for player people want they are genius.. If they voted for Karlsson.. They are Stupid.

Writer vote for DD the most last year for the Norris 1st place, but Karlsson won because he had more point in voting which is the way to win award.. Writers are stupid. If it was the other way around.. Writers would be genius.

Typical hate :laugh:

When you look at thing.. People who voted Karlsson 1st have probably voted Subban 2nd, cuz they value offence. People who voted Doughty voted Karlsson 2nd cuz it was the obvious choice.. So Karlsson won. I'm sure we can find a lot of award winner like this.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thing about people voting for someone other than karlsson, is they don't get to see how bad Ottawa is ona. Nightly basis. They don't understand how incompetent our coaching is. And they don't understand how management has built this team. If they did. Karlsson would never have a vote against him

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Karlsson is probably a fan of Neil

As long as the term and dollars are reasonable holding on to Neil is fine

Is it really that big a deal if Neil is retained for 1 million dollars a year?

Thing about people voting for someone other than karlsson, is they don't get to see how bad Ottawa is ona. Nightly basis. They don't understand how incompetent our coaching is. And they don't understand how management has built this team. If they did. Karlsson would never have a vote against him

Or, just maybe, the other coaches in the NHL don't think Cameron is that bad? Hard to believe, I know...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Karlsson is probably a fan of Neil

As long as the term and dollars are reasonable holding on to Neil is fine

Is it really that big a deal if Neil is retained for 1 million dollars a year?

Or, just maybe, the other coaches in the NHL don't think Cameron is that bad? Hard to believe, I know...

I was talking about people in general. Fans. Not necessarily coaches.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I think EK's trying to cope with the coaches' demands on the team to play with more grit, and he's trying to make his own assessments. He's got his own idea of what they need to do to win, but recognized he's a player, not the coach. There's a seed of doubt, but he's not revolting. His tone is more lamentful, but brought to a simmer by the burn of a recent loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad