Who would you take going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well you can tell by the amount more of canucks fans voting why these polls are usually skewed. How many canucks fans voted neutral fan for petey?

Far fewer than the Leafs fans voting neutral fan for Matthews, which is why there are nearly twice as many identifying as Canucks fan in this poll than there are Leafs fans.

It’s a bit weird of you to play this card when it is publicly available information that you did the exact same thing you’re complaining about and accusing others of doing.

upload_2020-9-4_9-16-36.jpeg

Nice to see Dekes in there! I was almost worried about him after he pulled a “Matthews in game 5” and went MIA from the main boards after game 5, but good to see he’s still alive and well. Maybe he’s just working on a new model.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Far fewer than the Leafs fans voting neutral fan for Matthews, which is why there are nearly twice as many identifying as Canucks fan in this poll than there are Leafs fans.

Haven't you learned by now that Canucks fans are the loudest regarding their players. It's like this in every thread and especially bad since they are making a run in the playoffs. They don't pay nearly as much attention when they missed the playoffs for 7 years.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
@Papi 4 Hart Where's Matthews?
image0.jpg
I agree, Eric Staal and Evengi Malkin are very comparable players.

Just because one player took a little longer to develop doesn’t mean that he’s better than the other. Team makeup and opponents also have to do with Post season numbers. For the record I agree that Pettersson is quickly making a case for being an elite player but I also believe that Matthews’ current in season play should not be discounted when comparing the two players. I don’t see anything wrong with some fans valuing goal scoring more than playmaking. I also don’t see anything wrong with others arguing that Pettersson is cheaper(Although we don’t know what Pettersson will end up costing) and performing at a higher level relative to Matthews at the same age. I do think it’s silly to say that one clearly makes the other superior without weighing both options without bias. The reality is that they’re pretty comparable and I doubt either team would trade one for the other.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
I agree, Eric Staal and Evengi Malkin are very comparable players.

Just because one player took a little longer to develop doesn’t mean that he’s better than the other. Team makeup and opponents also have to do with Post season numbers. For the record I agree that Pettersson is quickly making a case for being an elite player but I also believe that Matthews’ current in season play should not be discounted when comparing the two players. I don’t see anything wrong with some fans valuing goal scoring more than playmaking. I also don’t see anything wrong with others arguing that Pettersson is cheaper(Although we don’t know what Pettersson will end up costing) and performing at a higher level relative to Matthews at the same age. I do think it’s silly to say that one clearly makes the other superior without weighing both options without bias. The reality is that they’re pretty comparable and I doubt either team would trade one for the other.

I honestly agree.... have them in the same tier. Just poking fun at Papi4heart.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Haven't you learned by now that Canucks fans are the loudest regarding their players. It's like this in every thread and especially bad since they are making a run in the playoffs. They don't pay nearly as much attention when they missed the playoffs for 7 years.

Yeah but at least they can vote properly, unlike you and other “neutral” Leafs fans.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

My favorite team beat the Canucks in the playoffs 7 years ago and lost to them in the playoffs 9 years ago. I have plenty of experience with Canucks fans, and I can promise you that Canucks fans are absolutely not the loudest regarding their players. And even if they were, being loud is a lot more respectable when you don’t try to conceal your fandom in order to push a narrative.

Also, they didn’t miss the playoffs for 7 years.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well Leaf fans are the most fair weather fans. A few first round playoff losses and a wide contingent including yourself abandon the team and become neutral fans.
Back on the band wagon next year?
:laugh:

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Yeah but at least they can vote properly, unlike you and other “neutral” Leafs fans.

It's Toronto vs Everybody. You think those "neutral" fans aren't anti leafs fans like yourself? I live in Vancouver and cheer for the Canucks and Leafs. I am neutral.

I am also a realist. So call it how I see it.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
It's Toronto vs Everybody. You think those "neutral" fans aren't anti leafs fans like yourself? I live in Vancouver and cheer for the Canucks and Leafs. I am neutral.

I am also a realist. So call it how I see it.

How are you a realist claiming to like both teams, but just slag the one and pull out the ol victim leaf fandom card?

Genius, I haven’t voted. You can’t even say I voted neutrally.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
One thing Petey has over Matthews is he puts as much effort or more into defending than his offence. His gap control, stick and positioning is very good and he’s very rarely caught puck watching.

Matthews has the best wrister in the league, hands down, whereas Petey is a much more complete player and a better character guy. Although, you can’t discount his shot either, especially his one timer. Petey’s the closest thing the NHL has to Datsyuk right now.

I’ll remain voteless as I think they’re even in terms of team value.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah but we arent comparing same points 40 goals - 20 to 40 goals 70 points - 20 goals 94 points.

Use your brain.

Once again I asked you to show me any evidence that petey is better besides one playoffs. You can't i'll just take it you are a big fan and won't let it go. It's ok this is what Leafs fans look like comparing Matthews to Mcdavid. I understand.
So show me evidence Matthews is better besides the last 2 regular seasons? See how easy it is when you get to arbitrarily remove things?

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
So show me evidence Matthews is better besides the last 2 regular seasons? See how easy it is when you get to arbitrarily remove things?

I've already said this. 40 as a rookie. On pace for 50 as a sophomore. More PPG and better defensive stats such as take aways, +/-, face off %.

Now you go. This is how the convo should go... what is your reason he is better. You have yet to suggest any stats comparing first 2 years.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I've already said this. 40 as a rookie. On pace for 50 as a sophomore. More PPG and better defensive stats such as take aways, +/-, face off %.

Now you go. This is how the convo should go... what is your reason he is better. You have yet to suggest any stats comparing first 2 years.
Those stats were already posted in this very thread. My point is you don’t get to just remove portions of data. So if you’re saying that even with removing the last 2 regular seasons Matthews is still > Pettersson then Laine must be > Marner. But yet we’re all about to hear some shifting narrative again

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Those stats were already posted in this very thread. My point is you don’t get to just remove portions of data. So if you’re saying that even with removing the last 2 regular seasons Matthews is still > Pettersson then Laine must be > Marner. But yet we’re all about to hear some shifting narrative again

This convo is over until you can make a point. It's clear you can't have a nice day.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think Petey plays a better two-way game. AM is a better goal scorer.
Based on the metrics, stat line and analytics you have to say AM is better.

HOWEVER, based on what Petey is doing in the playoffs....and how much he's improved over these three series, i bet you that by the end of next season, he'll have a stat line very much in line with AM while still providing better two-way play.

Right now AM is better. However my guess is that Petey takes him next year.
I dont know what it is, but watching AM play, he kind of has a i dont give a crap attitude.... so much natural talent there, just needs to commit more maybe?

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

Matthews was on pace for 45 goals as a sophomore, not 50.

You know you're wrong when you have to lie in order to try and make a point.

Also, you have been proven to be very biased with your reasoning so dont hold your breath waiting for others to take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad