Elder Scrolls Online

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Played for 3 1/2 hrs. Had some fun. Alot of people are currently playing. Places are jammed. Also guys with the ps4 & a vita remote play was awesome. Worked perfectly.

Only took an hour to update since I bought the physical game

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Played for 3 1/2 hrs. Had some fun. Alot of people are currently playing. Places are jammed. Also guys with the ps4 & a vita remote play was awesome. Worked perfectly.

Only took an hour to update since I bought the physical game

Seriously? I bought the physical copy, and I've got a fast connection but it's still telling me there's 23 hours left, despite me starting to download the update 8 hours ago

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Seriously? I bought the physical copy, and I've got a fast connection but it's still telling me there's 23 hours left, despite me starting to download the update 8 hours ago

Woh yea something is wrong there. I started my update yesterday around 5 and it finished around 6:15 ET. I had problems logging in more so than the update

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
On a Verizon mifi so not a blazing connection and it only took me a few hours to install/update on XB One. When I get home to my ps4 and fast connection, I will be curious about the update time.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Pre ordered mine a week before the release through the Xbox Marketplace, the update took no more than 10 minutes. Only real complaint are these BS log in queues.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
So my buddy told me to buy this game 2 days before it came out and I did. Had a lot of fun so far even with ****** connection and servers being bad right now. I am not sure how much is my connection and how much is the game though. At some points the lag becomes unbearable. I played Skyrim and haven't really played a MMORPG since like Runescape (a while back) and a tiny bit of WoW when I was in gr. 6. Been nice to play one again and on top of that one that is socially acceptable :laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
At one point, it said my position in the queue was 593,996 and the wait time, of course, was one second. :laugh:

Yep! Sucks too is that I got errored out twice.

Edit: now i cant get back in sighh.

So i can connect to the Euro server.. Not the Na one..

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
game just froze up on me so i would say i lost connection.

pretty enjoyable 2 hours on the game except for getting my butt kicked a lot

Same happened to me. Cant get i to the Na server anymore. Not even getting the queue anymore.

Edit: NA servers are down for maintenance

Last edited:

getzforfighting*

Played on the Europe server through the tutorial to get a feel for it. Very fun so far although I know nothing about it

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'm surprised people are having issues. Once the never-ending update ended, it worked flawlessly for me. I'm having some trouble leveling up though. The mission says I should be able to do it at level 4 (I am level 4), but the boss kills me in 3 hits

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Been having a lot of fun with this game. Am enjoying the quests for the most part (even if some are boring) but I really do like the vibe of this game. How areas can change based off completion of quests is pretty cool.

One thing that I do not like so much is the no keyboard to type thing. I feel like for a MMORPG it is kinda dead in towns and such. No one talks and its like a silent town. Wish they woulda included the keyboard addon.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Hey guys, so I'm in absolutely dire need of a new game. Skyrim is easily my all time favorite game, but I hadn't heard many positive things about ESO on PC, so while this would've typically been a day one purchase for me, I was going to wait to see how people reacted to the console version. I don't have a lot of extra cash at the moment, but would you guys recommend the game to me, as someone who loves ES games? Does it have as much/more content as Skyrim? I really can't decide whether or not to get it, but you guys may shift my opinion one way or the other. Thanks!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hey guys, so I'm in absolutely dire need of a new game. Skyrim is easily my all time favorite game, but I hadn't heard many positive things about ESO on PC, so while this would've typically been a day one purchase for me, I was going to wait to see how people reacted to the console version. I don't have a lot of extra cash at the moment, but would you guys recommend the game to me, as someone who loves ES games? Does it have as much/more content as Skyrim? I really can't decide whether or not to get it, but you guys may shift my opinion one way or the other. Thanks!

^ Ya would love to know the differences between Skyrim and this.

As a guy who put so many hours into Skyrim, I am enjoying it.

I enjoy it a lot. It seems to be a game I keep going back too. I know its only day 4 its been out but each day I look forward to getting back into it. It is currently getting a bad rap because the servers are abit unstable due to the amount of people playing. It can take about 5-10 mins to get into the game. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.

Regarding the gameplay, its somewhat similar to Skyrim, but be warned it is 100% NOT Skyrim. Many people buy it, hoping its just an online Skyrim and it really isnt. You will notice a ton of people playing with people flocking to the main NPC's to complete the main storyline. As a completionist though, I have been doing any quest I can find, and there are areas, when you venture away from the main quest, where it feels like your very own game. But there are area's where you might need to do something and there are 15 people all doing the same quest.

I really enjoy the graphics too. Again, not Skyrim like, but I think it is definitely one of the best ones out for the PS4 (I will assume its similar to the XB1). You can go 1st person or 3rd person. The attacks are well animated, and there are a ton of skills to choose from. Like Skyrim, you dont have to be limited to one class, but which class you choose gives you bonus skills that you can learn. But if you want to be a summoner archer who wears heavy armor. Go ahead!

I heard that the PVP aspect of this game is a lot of fun. I have not done it yet because I am enjoying myself going through the storyline. You can make "decisions" in the game, which might affect the outcome of the quest (one instance I decided to save someone instead of kill them, which earned me a better explanation as to what was going on).

Again if you go in thinking it's Skyrim, you most likely will be disappointed. There are people everywhere. Overall I have solo'd the game so far, and have only had trouble on 2 bosses. But if you are lucky, some bosses are not "dungeon" based, meaning anyone else who enters the house or cave or wherever might see the same boss as you. You dont even have to party up with them but you can work together to kill the boss.

I think it is a great buy. I give it a 7 out of 10.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
^ So essentially ES mechanics but laid out more like WOW?

In a sense, I guess you can say its like that.

Sorry it is hard to explain the game. It has that ES feel to it (including music, atmosphere, etc) but its a MMORPG.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
^ So essentially ES mechanics but laid out more like WOW?

If I was to compare it to a mmo WoW would be one of the games I thought it least similar to. It doesn't really fit into the quest hub rinse and repeat cycle that WoW has.
It can't really be compared well to any other MMO.
Maybe a cross between EQ2 and Skyrim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad