Elder Scrolls Online

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
Is this game worth buying if none of my friends play it? I heard its best when you play with people

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Stupid question, but I assume there is no offline content? I ask because I am not going to have a PS+ acct for some time, but I would love an ES game for my ps4.

S A W F T*

MMORPG vet here. Just picked up ESO. Any of you here play regularly?

I'm going to learn the ropes this weekend but then will be looking for a guild and people to PVE with.

I'm on Xbox One.

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
It is best to play with people on the PVE content, but the world is perfectly fun going solo.

BackGroundMusic-you have to have an internet connection to play this game, so no offline content.

I just wish i could level up my blacksmithing faster than I can. Still only on 12 and make 7 steel cuirasses of the highest level I can and my growth bar hardly ticks up. Aggravating, even the writs dont seem to boost you too fast.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
It is best to play with people on the PVE content, but the world is perfectly fun going solo.

BackGroundMusic-you have to have an internet connection to play this game, so no offline content.

I just wish i could level up my blacksmithing faster than I can. Still only on 12 and make 7 steel cuirasses of the highest level I can and my growth bar hardly ticks up. Aggravating, even the writs dont seem to boost you too fast.
I know this is a late response, but I read that the fastest way to level it up is to deconstruct weapons/armor that you find in the world. The better the item, the higher the boost.

I love this game a lot. As others have said, I also don't have anyone to play with. :laugh:

But I was good with skyrim so I'm good with this too. I play about 2 hours 5 days a week, so I'm just now up to level 20. Im just mainly exploring and questing right now, trying to find as many waypoints as I can.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
The game is decently fun, although I've got burned out on playing it too often. It has a huge world and for me it's just fun to see some Tamriel provinces we don't normally get to see. I wish there was some way people from different factions could play together aside from Cyrodil PVP. We'll see what gets added when the Imperial City comes out shortly. I find the late game content is a bit lacking right now and it's hard to grind veteran levels (finishing all three factions quests and dungeons will get you to maybe veteran level eight). I suggest joining an active guild if you lack people on your friends list to play with, trading guilds are very useful for making cash as well, selling sets and schematics. If anyone needs someone to quest with add Joyshtik. I'm mostly on Aldmeri but I have Daggerfall and Ebonheart characters too.

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
A question for the ESO posters:

I played the previous single player version and gave it up because some of the time wasting stuff like scripted dialogue from henchmen ("Can I keep it? Naaaah, just kidding!") got really old after 500th time I heard it. Did they get rid of some of the non-essential time dumps like this?

I have no issue running around for long periods, but that other garbage, and the loooong mining script, etc. just killed my interest.

Also, did they improve the crafting?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I feel like I'm playing this game wrong. I'm a level 21. When I'm running around doing quests PvE, I'm looking around and seeing people 5 or 6 levels beneath me one shotting characters, and for me it's always a huge hassle to kill someone.

Khajit, Nightblade, Two-Handed, focusing on assassination skills. Medium armor, but thinking about switching to heavy since I'm always in close combat situations.

Tips? Skills I should be building? I utilize uppercut, which I'm pretty sure I've morphed, and assassin's blade, which I've also morphed (just forget to which one off-hand) regularly in every attack. And ambush.

What am I missing here?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I bought the game the other day during the quake con sale. I said I would if it ever went on sale as my boss has it and he has been hyping it up for a while now.

It's fun, the graphics are nice and the combat is better than I expected. I like that you can steal and that there are loot able crates every where in the world. Almost takes me back to the days of UO where every container was accessible.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I am having trouble playing the game during the day, can't log into the servers and when I do it lags really bad. I figure it is the security system we had put into out place last week. Since we had it put in the internet has been terrible (wireless cameras use the router to send feeds to the system).

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm only borrowing this game but I just reached level 10 and I've heard the game gets a lot better now.

So... what is the whole Cyrodiil thing about then? Is there anything online that will do a good job explaining it? This is the first MMO I've ever played.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
I feel like I'm playing this game wrong. I'm a level 21. When I'm running around doing quests PvE, I'm looking around and seeing people 5 or 6 levels beneath me one shotting characters, and for me it's always a huge hassle to kill someone.

Khajit, Nightblade, Two-Handed, focusing on assassination skills. Medium armor, but thinking about switching to heavy since I'm always in close combat situations.

Tips? Skills I should be building? I utilize uppercut, which I'm pretty sure I've morphed, and assassin's blade, which I've also morphed (just forget to which one off-hand) regularly in every attack. And ambush.

What am I missing here?

They could be running a complete equipment set, or just have their build tailored to damage dealing. This game really rewards picking something to focus on and not trying to be a jack of all trades.

If you want some tips I'd suggest either the reddit boards or there's a website called deltiasgaming.com I think that will help with character builds which races do well with each class and what skills/morphs and armour work well together.

I'm not really an expert so I can't help you too much, however if I was a Khajit Nightblade I'd be running with Dual Wield and Bow, focusing on stamina and DPS, in which case you'd want to stick with medium armour.

Last edited:

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
I'm only borrowing this game but I just reached level 10 and I've heard the game gets a lot better now.

So... what is the whole Cyrodiil thing about then? Is there anything online that will do a good job explaining it? This is the first MMO I've ever played.

Cyrodil is the PVP aspect of the game. You pick a campaign or map basically as your "home" which just means it will be the only one you can get rewards from when the conflict ends. Each different campaign has a specific time it will run for, at the end whichever alliance has the most points wins and the individual point leader of that alliance will be named emperor of that campaign which gives you amazing buffs.

Anyway the maps themselves are huge, laid out with forts, temples, towns, mines, farms, gates, etc all of which the alliances fight over in basically huge mob battles. There are also elder scrolls you neeed to steal from the temples. Each alliance has NPC's that guard their territory allowing the players to focus more on sieging (yes there are siege weapons you can buy as well as kits to repair walls and doors and stuff). There are PVP quests as well as neutral quests. There are also PVP specific skill trees that will unlock.

There's a lot more I could tell you but just try it out, all equipment as stats are scaled as long as you stick to a non-veteran campaign so don't worry to much about being low level. Make sure you have a horse with upgraded speed though so you can get to contested areas faster.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
They could be running a complete equipment set, or just have their build tailored to damage dealing. This game really rewards picking something to focus on and not trying to be a jack of all trades. If you want some tips I'd suggest either the reddit boards or there's a website called deltiasgaming.com I think that will help with character builds which races do well with each class and what skills/morphs and armour work well together. I'm not really an expert so I can't help you too much.

Yeah, I think that's the move. Right now I've got two assassination (including an ultimate), one siphoning, two long blade, and one fighter's guild in my quick bar. I need to narrow that down. Probably get rid of the fighter's guild ability and replace it with another two-handed so I can get to momentum on there.

Khajit skills give boosts to medium armor, so I'm going back there. Making sure I'm stacked in medium armor at all times. Try and find a full set, though I'm not exactly sure how easy that would be.

Just gotta keep playing and find the right combos, I guess.

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
Yeah, I think that's the move. Right now I've got two assassination (including an ultimate), one siphoning, two long blade, and one fighter's guild in my quick bar. I need to narrow that down. Probably get rid of the fighter's guild ability and replace it with another two-handed so I can get to momentum on there.

Khajit skills give boosts to medium armor, so I'm going back there. Making sure I'm stacked in medium armor at all times. Try and find a full set, though I'm not exactly sure how easy that would be.

Just gotta keep playing and find the right combos, I guess.

Dual Wield and Bow are my suggestions. Also that website I linked has a couple nice Nightblade builds, one of which is called a Spectre which I use but with an Imperial instead. Definitely check it out.

Also if you ever want to quest together you're welcome to add me, I can probably set you up with a good trading guild and maybe craft you a unique medium armour set.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I played ESO before to about VR 7 or 8.

Once they smoothed out all the bugs and added some stuff, this game was pretty good, the best MMO leveling experience I've had a while (at least to 50, Veteran Ranks are a chore).

It very Elder Scrolls-y, as much as an MMO can be, and yeah, I'd recommend it if you're looking for an MMO to spend a month or two on.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I just started playing and am wondering what the best path to take in early game is, any suggestions?
Just run around and complete as many quests as possible, and discover as many locations/way shrines as possible. That will level you up fast and build up your equipment/bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad