Elder Scrolls Online

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If I was to compare it to a mmo WoW would be one of the games I thought it least similar to. It doesn't really fit into the quest hub rinse and repeat cycle that WoW has.
It can't really be compared well to any other MMO.
Maybe a cross between EQ2 and Skyrim.

Yea i just call it really a online Skyrim....but not really Skyrim

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'd say it's basically Skyrim with more in depth combat, and a new leveling system. It's still very much got the do anything, and be anyone vibe. It's definitely worth picking up imo

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Ya I see what you guys mean. Snagged it after I posted yesterday. Only played for 2 hours, ****ing loving it so far.
I also got it, but the installation took a lot longer than expected, so I still haven't gotten to play it, and will probably have to wait until Monday.

5 hour installation man, that sucks. Lol

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
So I got part way through the first quest, and suddenly Lyris Titanborn, the first main NPC, turns invisible. Now I am unable to interact with her in any way, although I can still bump into her, and see her name come up when I face her position. So I can't really play the game until this is fixed, which apparently is a problem a lot of Xbox users are having. I even deleted my first character and made a new one and the problem persisted... Really bummed out.

getzforfighting*

very addictive, had a lot of people saying not to buy this but my skyrim love took over and i dont regret it one bit.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So I got part way through the first quest, and suddenly Lyris Titanborn, the first main NPC, turns invisible. Now I am unable to interact with her in any way, although I can still bump into her, and see her name come up when I face her position. So I can't really play the game until this is fixed, which apparently is a problem a lot of Xbox users are having. I even deleted my first character and made a new one and the problem persisted... Really bummed out.

I ran into that problem once and just turned off my Xbox and started it back up and it was fine. Worth a shot anyway.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
was a big fan of Skyrim. Is it worth it for the ps4? need a game to waste time

I have been playing it on the ps4 for about a week. I love it. It is getting crap reviews because of the earlier unstable servers and people don't want to read or listen to the storyline. I think its a great buy.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
I have normal internet and have never had issues connecting, never been booted and considering the size of the game and the amount of players what minimal lag there has been has been acceptable.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So just had the most fun so far in this game. Was running through a city when i ran into a group of people killing the villagers. My summon decided to join in on the fun randomly (i didnt attack anything!). So my fines went up a few hundred without killing anyone lol. In the end they invited me to a party chat, helped me with a few quests and we traveled north (above Skyward) to run a dungeon.

The dungeon was awesome. Took a bit of time but our hodgepoge team by the 4th boss had it down. I swore the dungeon took an hour though. We prob coulda ran it faster but we were all knew.

Really fun playing with others though.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I'm still loving the game.

My minor gripes,
- Inventory management. Soooo frustrating.
- Recipes and racial traits being placed randomly in containers so you have to loot everything to find them.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
So just had the most fun so far in this game. Was running through a city when i ran into a group of people killing the villagers. My summon decided to join in on the fun randomly (i didnt attack anything!). So my fines went up a few hundred without killing anyone lol. In the end they invited me to a party chat, helped me with a few quests and we traveled north (above Skyward) to run a dungeon.

The dungeon was awesome. Took a bit of time but our hodgepoge team by the 4th boss had it down. I swore the dungeon took an hour though. We prob coulda ran it faster but we were all knew.

Really fun playing with others though.

thats awesome. looking forward to doing things like that.

but just got the game last night still trying to level up some more

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
thats awesome. looking forward to doing things like that.

but just got the game last night still trying to level up some more

Add me if I dont have you yet:

Vaeyuv

The guys are pretty chill and don't care too much about levels. We were running the dungeons for gear and even picked up a blue tier helmet. I am almost level 10 so I am not too high yet (been leveling other side characters the past few weeks haha, but want to focus on my healing mage).

What we are going to try to do is grab a bunch of quests and share them among the party. Then when we all have the same quests run and do a bunch of them and dungeon on the side. Dungeons are really fun though. They can also be pretty hard. Luckily I was healing the group because without one it would been extremely hard. By the 4th boss though, we had tactics going which was pretty cool.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Add me if I dont have you yet:

Vaeyuv

The guys are pretty chill and don't care too much about levels. We were running the dungeons for gear and even picked up a blue tier helmet. I am almost level 10 so I am not too high yet (been leveling other side characters the past few weeks haha, but want to focus on my healing mage).

What we are going to try to do is grab a bunch of quests and share them among the party. Then when we all have the same quests run and do a bunch of them and dungeon on the side. Dungeons are really fun though. They can also be pretty hard. Luckily I was healing the group because without one it would been extremely hard. By the 4th boss though, we had tactics going which was pretty cool.

My main is a mage but dont wanna use it to heal. Tryin to go the other way with it.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The class system is set up so everyone has the ability to main heal.
Templar is the class with the class specific healing line though.

You are right but for dungeons/raids and skills wise, maining something works alot better. Spreading things out doesnt work the best.

For instance, a healer with multiple support spells works better than a warrior with 1/2

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
You are right but for dungeons/raids and skills wise, maining something works alot better. Spreading things out doesnt work the best.

For instance, a healer with multiple support spells works better than a warrior with 1/2

i should have been more clear.

My character is a sorcerer class. i have 1 of each storm-calling, daedic casting, and dark magic spell just to get them upgraded.

just want to make it a beast and dont know which spells are the best.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
i should have been more clear.

My character is a sorcerer class. i have 1 of each storm-calling, daedic casting, and dark magic spell just to get them upgraded.

just want to make it a beast and dont know which spells are the best.

You could look up builds online but that kills the fun. I just experiment really. I have a few damage skills I will use during boss fights and such but i also have quite a few healing spells also since I want to main a healer.

StatesideSensFan

Jun 29, 2003
Atlanta
I am an idiot, it took me way too long to figure out the research aspect after i had destroyed many a green and blue object.

dumb dumb dumb.

i love this game though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad