Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah if jack eichel wasn't on our team I would easily trade cozens for him

That's a pretty easy decision.

The post you responded to said Kakko has gotten better this year, and Eichel has gotten injured. Is that not true?

I'd trade Kakko for Eichel, in a vacuum. Thats not the point. I think it's a potentially valid point that Kakko has helped his stock since January and Eichel has hurt his.

No the dude wants to get jack eichel for free who knows maybe he will toss a 4th rounder for free

Nice straw man. If you don't want to seriously discuss the subject, save us both some time.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
The post you responded to said Kakko has gotten better this year, and Eichel has gotten injured. Is that not true?

I'd trade Kakko for Eichel, in a vacuum. Thats not the point. I think it's a potentially valid point that Kakko has helped his stock since January and Eichel has hurt his.

Nice straw man. If you don't want to seriously discuss the subject, save us both some time.

AT the end of the day it will cost alot that you don't want to give up

Agreed? OK next Proposal

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
^he's an RFA so you might be able to get him signed on the cheap for next year after the crappy year he's had? Chytil, Miller and a 1st rounder? :silly:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Screen-Shot-2021-04-28-at-5-03-41-PM.png

For those of you keeping score at home, that's a pace of 38.6 points per 82 games before the Rangers signed Panarin and stapled him to Strome's wing.

The acid test being ignored is breadman was out close to 3 wks ish and Strome produced at a similarly high rate w/o him.
Obv everyone is better w/Panarin, not just Strome, but the stick for measuring is RS in a vacuum.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Ryan Strome is doing exceedingly well since he's been a Ranger ! he may have finally found his #5 overall NHL talent !! o_O

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

So your saying Eichel hurt his stock by trying to play through an injury but had to get corrective surgery when it got too bad? Ok..I figured that would improve his stock trying to play injured but that's just me

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Lindbom for Pekar, then lets each find other trading partners ...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Lindbom for Pekar, then lets each find other trading partners ...

f*** no

buffalo picked UPL in mid 2nd 2017 and Portillo a high 3rd in 2019. Portillo was a backup goalie at Michigan to a senior.

buffalo does not need another young goalie. They probably drsft one mid rounds in 2021

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So your saying Eichel hurt his stock by trying to play through an injury but had to get corrective surgery when it got too bad? Ok..I figured that would improve his stock trying to play injured but that's just me

Don’t hassle me about that. There was disagreement about that from a fan of your team.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
No one seems to realize this that isn't a Rangers fan, but Strome has not had problem scoring for the Rangers without Panarin. I'm not saying you are suggesting this, but I have a hard time believing Strome is any lower than a 50-55 point player without Panarin. He was picked where he was in the draft for a reason. I know he struggled earlier in his career, but I don't know how people could deny he's a talented player. He's not some no talent career AHL'er leaching off one of the best players in the league. Panarin might've helped him reach his potential and makes his totals look better, but Strome is a good hockey player.

While not as good as Mika, he was selected one spot before.

It took Mika a few years to get where he is, the same can be said for Strome

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I wrote this a few months ago in the other Eichel thread. It was in response to a solid Rangers’ offer that Buffalo would likely not accept.

It's not the holistic offer, and that's the point that you, and a lot of Rangers fans on this thread, are missing. You don't understand where this team came form, or its organizational memory, and that's why your offers don't make sense and won't fly.

The owners of the team know that centers are extremely hard to find. They bought the Sabres after the previous management bumbled the negotiations for Drury and Briere and lost them both to free agency. That gutted the team. Despite having all world talents like Miller, Vanek, Pominville, and a Calder Trophy winning Tyler Myers, they got bounced from the 1st round in 2010 and 2011, and couldn't make the playoffs in 2012 and 2013.

The tank in Buffalo wasn't about a full rebuild. It was about acquiring the world class centers needed to put together a competitive team. Look at what they did. In a calendar year, the team acquired Ryan O'Reilly and drafted Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichel. That was the course correction.

The previous GM, Jason Botterill, foolishly pissed away O'Reilly to St. Louis for magic beans under the name of roster construction and depth. That back fired and gutted the organization.

I don't think they trade Eichel, at least willingly, because of that history. The current GM, Kevyn Adams, isn't an outsider to the history. He was an assistant coach during the 2012-13 failed runs to make the playoffs without good centers. He knows how the team got gutted with the O'Reilly move. He knows that trading Eichel will gut the team. If you knowingly do that, you MUST get a center back who is in the blue chip territory. He won't trade Eichel for help now and organizational depth.

If LA puts Turcotte on the table, that's going to beat the Rangers' offer unless they put LaFreniere on the table. Buffalo isn't playing a game of cumulative offer - Adams is going to want a future franchise center or a top line play driver like LaFreniere. The Rangers offer is good, but as soon as Turcotte or Byfield (I assume LA will offer Turcotte) is on the table, the Sabres are more likely to take that deal.

Your proposed deal:
Chytil
Kravtsov
Schneider
2021 - 1st round pick

What LA could offer to beat it:
Turcotte
Vilardi
Bjornfot
2021 1st

Love your thoughts her Der. Good insight and common sense. Personally unless it's a home run deal, there is no sense in Buffalo trading him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Screen-Shot-2021-04-28-at-5-03-41-PM.png

For those of you keeping score at home, that's a pace of 38.6 points per 82 games before the Rangers signed Panarin and stapled him to Strome's wing.
Yes, for those of you keeping score that's a 20 goal pace without Panarin right above the drawn line... and a pace above 40 points getting 15 mins a game. Are we so sure he couldn't reach 50 given the same top 6 minutes he's getting now? Ryan Strome has gotten better and more comfortable. Nobody is calling him elite or a top center. He's been a very good teammate and a player capable of playing top 6, regardless the linemates.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
He was healthy all last season and the majority of the season before. Herniated disks don't just appear, he took a hard bump. Rolls eyes.

What are you talking about? Who cares if he was healthy last season he is hurt now. Herniated discs are no joke and a pretty serious injury for a guy who can get hit on a regular. That injury could be something that affects his career moving forward. If you think you can roll your eyes on that type of injury you are clueless.

Reactions: Off Sides

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Are you kidding? So we can't count the seasons where he's a better hockey player, but we can count the ones where he's worse.

Since joining the Rangers he has 43 points in 75 games when Panarin either was out of the lineup or before he joined the team. And most of those came with a much smaller role than he has now. As I said, Strome is really no worse than a 50-55 point player without Panarin.

I don't know how someone could watch Strome play, and not see his talent. Do you think he was drafted fifth because the Islanders thought he'd leach points off of Panarin nearly 10 years later?
If you look at Garth's selections in the top 10 that's not exactly a compliment (although he somewhat made up for it by finding guys in later rounds. Really sums up his tenure: Got straight A's in Advanced Calculus but flunked out of gym class)

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anything else aside, if Strome went for Eichel, NYR would still have to move Mika for cap space. I don’t foresee them moving both of their top 6 centers in a short window like that.

I wish someone else would trade for Eichel and get this over with

I'm not convinced. The cap would be tight, but teams find their way in this league out of a tight cap situation all the time. Islanders put a player on LTIR this offseason to help alleviate their cap issues, Chicago has found their way out of their cap problems nearly every year during their run, Tampa has been doing so the last 2-3 years, and is violating the spirit of the cap right now.

I'm starting to believe that the way to go in this league is to spend recklessly, and find your way out of it later. How many times has it really came back to hurt a team in the cap-era, at least recently?

I think there will always be the Kreider to LTIR chip that the Rangers can play, if they get in big cap trouble in the upcoming years.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Rangers should let another team overpay for Eichel. There's simply too much to like about what's currently cooking with the young guys.

They need to sign a defensive minded center like Danault and re-sign Zibanejad. They will also need the cap space for Fox, Lindgren, Shesterkin, and company down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad