Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Cozens is untouchable for Buffalo, but if you told me I can trade him for Mitch Marner, then all of a sudden he’s not.

The intel that Kakko is untouchable came after the big swirl earlier in the year about the Rangers calling after Eichel :dunno:

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Oh yeah. Let's exclude COVID slump. Let's also count only the games, where Eichel went scoreless. Slice and dice the sample size to make it fit your narrative. :thumbu:
Actually, even if you do include that... Zibanejad is still producing at a slightly better pace. And there is an objective a¨legitimate reason why ou would want to exculde that as ana unrepresentative sample.

Anyway, that is not at all the point of my post. But thanks for nitpicking to make it fit your narrative. :thumbu:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Oh yeah. Let's exclude COVID slump. Let's also count only the games, where Eichel went scoreless. Slice and dice the sample size to make it fit your narrative. :thumbu:

COVID is an atypical circumstance. Eichel going scoreless for some games and being injury prone is pretty much the norm.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Not exactly Bob McKenzie level intel here

Make of it what you will. All I know is that the poster in question is known for a fact to have connections with NYR's front office and that nothing that has been reported or indicated since suggests that the Rangers are open to moving Kakko in a trade for Eichel. Unless you or someone else has any credible information to the contrary, I don't see any reason to suspect that's not true.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Let’s make a distinction between fans and the actual organization

I highly doubt that any NHL team would have, say, Kappo Kakko as an untouchable in an Eichel trade.
You just gotta throw another log on the fire, huh? Some people just want to watch the world burn.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Make of it what you will. All I know is that the poster in question is known for a fact to have connections with NYR's front office and that nothing that has been reported or indicated since suggests that the Rangers are open to moving Kakko in a trade for Eichel. Unless you or someone else has any credible information to the contrary, I don't see any reason to suspect that's not true.

That awful logic is the perfect representative post for this entire tire fire of a thread.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

is the world round or flat? What did this blogger say?

When I was a kid the team trainer lived 3 doors down from me. I saw Scotty Bowman 5 feet from me walking down the street with lityke Stan by his side. Am I connected enough?

new GM in the league some will call seeing if a player wants to be traded and low ball an offer. This doesn’t mean trade talk.

it’s friggin click bait....

Reactions: explore

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
That awful logic is the perfect representative post for this entire tire fire of a thread.

"Person with known connections to front office says that a player is untouchable and there's nothing suggesting anything to the contrary, so that player is probably untouchable" is "awful logic" now?

Reactions: haveandare

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
is the world round or flat? What did this blogger say?

When I was a kid the team trainer lived 3 doors down from me. I saw Scotty Bowman 5 feet from me walking down the street with lityke Stan by his side. Am I connected enough?

new GM in the league some will call seeing if a player wants to be traded and low ball an offer. This doesn’t mean trade talk.

it’s friggin click bait....

Don't insult my intelligence. It is what it is.

If you've got something more credible, out with it. If not, sit down.

Reactions: haveandare

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Yea maybe. I don't want him either way. It would be so Glen Sather Rangers to not stay the course and go for the shiny toy. I kind of hope he goes to LA without getting Byfield or Turcotte back.

See thats the thing it would take both +++ to get him Eichel is a rare breed of talent you have to way over pay to get him.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
See thats the thing it would take both +++ to get him Eichel is a rare breed of talent you have to way over pay to get him.

Posters here throw around packages like this were the NBA, or the only-time-ever Lindros deal
the huge Cap Hit, the flat Cap and the spinal surgery have combined to make that even more unlikely than it might have been once

if/when it happens, more likely to be like the Nash to NYR deal,
a couple high upside young players (Dubi was 26, Arte 24) and a couple high upside prospects or picks (Nash deal - a recent 1st rd picked prospect and a future 1st)

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Why is this discussion still going if its been established the Rangers wont part with either of Kaapo or Alexis and Buffalo obviously just wont deal with them then

In no sensible world would a deal happen with those two off the board. If it were then Buffalo would have such an angry fan base and locker room that its set then back years IMO
Because it hasn't been established? The Rags GM hasn't commented and I doubt Rag fans have a hive mind so wtf are you talking about?

You guys have this backwards. Franchise Cs like Eichel are far more untouchable than any prospect unless it's an Echel level prospect which currently doesn't exist.

So much wrong with this thread. If I'm Buffalo I'm not sending him to any of the other NY/NJ based teams and if they do they need someone who will make an impact now.

I can't see Buffalo taking a futures package and planning more time in the basement. Things are getting desperate there.

Rangers probably would drive Laf to Buffalo. Eichel is easily worth him plus.

If you want a Franchise player pay up or don't waste their time. You don't go to a 5 star restaurant with a pocket full of change.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Rangers probably would drive Laf to Buffalo. Eichel is easily worth him plus.
If you want a Franchise player pay up or don't waste their time. You don't go to a 5 star restaurant with a pocket full of change.

maybe to some teams. maybe before the surgery, without the cap Hit, or before long-term flat Cap
and before NYR committing to Panarin, Trouba, Kreider

some NYR fans ache for Eichel, most understand its the wrong deal at the wrong time,
and that deals, like acquiring Zib, show you can do almost as well by trading for a rising player, over a proven big-ticket one

many NYR fans just can't wait for Eichel, please, to be sent somewhere else already
we believe in our prospects pipeline, we know 1 or 2 may be lost to acquire for need,
but have ZERO interest in the crazy packages the 'experts' here require,
and IMHO the spinal surgery convinced me

re Laf, no I wouldn't, the 5 year age difference is huge

NYR already have 2 of the top dozen offensive threat forwards in NHL, they need a C for top 6 to balance the lineup
but don't need the very best, most expensive, gut the pipeline to acquire, coming out of rehab, top C

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
maybe to some teams. maybe before the surgery, without the cap Hit, or before long-term flat Cap
and before NYR committing to Panarin, Trouba, Kreider

some NYR fans ache for Eichel, most understand its the wrong deal at the wrong time,
and that deals, like acquiring Zib, show you can do almost as well by trading for a rising player, over a proven big-ticket one

many NYR fans just can't wait for Eichel, please, to be sent somewhere else already
we believe in our prospects pipeline, we know 1 or 2 may be lost to acquire for need,
but have ZERO interest in the crazy packages the 'experts' here require,
and IMHO the spinal surgery convinced me

re Laf, no I wouldn't, the 5 year age difference is huge

NYR already have 2 of the top dozen offensive threat forwards in NHL, they need a C for top 6 to balance the lineup
but don't need the very best, most expensive, gut the pipeline to acquire, coming out of rehab, top C

Mark me down as a Ranger fan who will take a hard pass on Eichel, especially with the ridiculous trade packages being thrown around. We are doing fine without him and will continue to add talent and build depth. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Posters here throw around packages like this were the NBA, or the only-time-ever Lindros deal
the huge Cap Hit, the flat Cap and the spinal surgery have combined to make that even more unlikely than it might have been once

if/when it happens, more likely to be like the Nash to NYR deal,
a couple high upside young players (Dubi was 26, Arte 24) and a couple high upside prospects or picks (Nash deal - a recent 1st rd picked prospect and a future 1st)
Just to correct you..vertebrae injury although part of the spine but not the spinal cord which would be very serious.If it was the spinal cord he wouldn't nor would doctor let him even near the ice.Vertabrae injury would be painful but you might be able to play through it which he tried but finally decided to have it corrected.At 24 and in great physical shape its an injury that shouldn't effect him at all moving forward.

Reactions: bernmeister

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
A top young forward (Lafrenière), young D (Miller, K'Andre or someone else) and a young G (Georgiev or Shesterkin) should get it done.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Just to correct you..vertebrae injury although part of the spine but not the spinal cord which would be very serious.If it was the spinal cord he wouldn't nor would doctor let him even near the ice.Vertabrae injury would be painful but you might be able to play through it which he tried but finally decided to have it corrected.At 24 and in great physical shape its an injury that shouldn't effect him at all moving forward.

love your screenname, Perrault was joy to watch

yeah i know he may recover 100%,
mid-1960's, i was a young kid, both Rod Gilbert and Jean Ratelle, early career, had spinal fusion surgery, recovered 100% to have all-star careers

but there are no guarantees, NYR is at an inflection point,
this NYR fan hoping they resist any temptation to add Eichel, a big swing for multiple reasons, which comes with uncertainty included

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Of course, it's both. Nobody is trading Eichel for unproven youth unless it's the blue chip. His contract is locked in for $10 M and that's part of the appeal. I could see him go somewhere in blockbuster like Turgeon/Lafontaine deal too. But major player other way will have to be tied up maybe four years for it to work.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
love your screenname, Perrault was joy to watch

yeah i know he may recover 100%,
mid-1960's, i was a young kid, both Rod Gilbert and Jean Ratelle, early career, had spinal fusion surgery, recovered 100% to have all-star careers

but there are no guarantees, NYR is at an inflection point,
this NYR fan hoping they resist any temptation to add Eichel, a big swing for multiple reasons, which comes with uncertainty included
I agree on both sides actually. iam not giving up Eichel for blue chip prospects and if iam NY not giving up Laf he will be a stud or Miller who iam very high on.Neither team needs to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.. Thanks Perreault was my all time favorite the reason I was a Buffalo fan despite living in Windsor ontario lol

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

whatever our differences we should all always pull for a player's health, unless he's a scumbag that looks to injure others

I think also to some extent this is like a concussion.
Something minor, a couple of times, can be shaken off.
Repeated too much
or
even once in the wrong spot,
it is a downhill if not an immediate drop.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Actually, even if you do include that... Zibanejad is still producing at a slightly better pace. And there is an objective a¨legitimate reason why ou would want to exculde that as ana unrepresentative sample.

Anyway, that is not at all the point of my post. But thanks for nitpicking to make it fit your narrative. :thumbu:
If you argue with statistics, more data is in most cases more predictive, than excluding a certain sample. Should we exclude games against Philly, because those mini series don't happen in a normal NHL season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad