Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Strome shouldn't be part of an Eichel to New York trade...

He's a UFA next summer, and will almost certainly sign elsewhere unless the Sabres grossly overpay like they did with Skinner

Instead of Strome, I would think Chytil would be the center heading back to Buffalo

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
No thanks from a Rangers fan. Eichel is hurt and until he proves he is healthy I am not sure teams will give up the package Buffalo would want. I also dont think he is worth the assets.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

This is not getting Eichel to NYR.

Buffalo, if they want Defenders will make a deal with NYR around guys like Nils, Robertson, Jones plus other assets.

If they want forwards, they will work with LA as they have a deeper pool there.

But that offer above is not close.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Big haul ? May not require the first? Oh my, we may not be able to fix you...

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'm a Rangers fan who doesn't want Eichel. I think he's better than Zibenejad, but not enough better that I want to give up the crazy assets people are throwing around. Buffalo was terrible with him. That tells me he's not the player that puts this group in NY over the top. Furthermore, he has a connection to Quinn, who I think is in over his head as a coach and Eichel coming in with a connection to him buys Quinn time I don't think he deserves.
All that said, if you want to do a deal here the question we should be asking is what is the value of Mika Zibenejad? He's making like 5+ with one year left. If you bring in Eichel, you are essentially choosing him over Mika, so you may as well include him in the deal or make this a three way deal where Mika either ends up on the Sabres and they flip him to a third team or the Rangers trade him to a third team and forward some of that return to Buffalo for Eichel.
I am not in favor of this move. I think Mika is one of the heart players of this group and trading him away makes it tough on whomever you get back for him when he was such a popular teammate. As I said before, Eichel may be the better overall player in a vaccuum, but teams don't play in a vaccuum. Mika is a known hand and he fits with this group. I will take Mika +chemistry over the slight increase in skill.
Count me out.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
it would cost you Laf+ Fox++
Nah I don't think so. Im a neutral in this too. If Eichel is moved it will be because he agitates for a move and rightfully so. There just aren't many teams with enough assets to get him. Who puts a better proposal together than NYR. Keep in mind they have a number of other assets that could be added and or switched on on what is there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
what are you thinking?

2021 ~#5OA ~ Kakko
Domi ~ Strome
2022 CBJ 1st ~ 2021 NYR 1st
Korpisalo ~ Georgiev
+
2021 late 1st
2021 late 1st
Jenner

Not everyone is going to agree on whether the first listed pieces are equal to the Rangers pieces but at the very least it's close and then the Jackets blow it out of the water by adding two more 1sts and some gritty leadership in Boone Jenner.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
I'm a Rangers fan who doesn't want Eichel. I think he's better than Zibenejad, but not enough better that I want to give up the crazy assets people are throwing around. Buffalo was terrible with him. That tells me he's not the player that puts this group in NY over the top. Furthermore, he has a connection to Quinn, who I think is in over his head as a coach and Eichel coming in with a connection to him buys Quinn time I don't think he deserves.
All that said, if you want to do a deal here the question we should be asking is what is the value of Mika Zibenejad? He's making like 5+ with one year left. If you bring in Eichel, you are essentially choosing him over Mika, so you may as well include him in the deal or make this a three way deal where Mika either ends up on the Sabres and they flip him to a third team or the Rangers trade him to a third team and forward some of that return to Buffalo for Eichel.
I am not in favor of this move. I think Mika is one of the heart players of this group and trading him away makes it tough on whomever you get back for him when he was such a popular teammate. As I said before, Eichel may be the better overall player in a vaccuum, but teams don't play in a vaccuum. Mika is a known hand and he fits with this group. I will take Mika +chemistry over the slight increase in skill.
Count me out.
You don't see any way to have Eichel and Zib as your 1-2 down the middle?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Count me out.

Holding being on a terrible team against a player is ridiculous. Not wanting an elite young borderline franchise centre like Eichel due to the Sabres being horrible is even a worse take than when people looked at Ryan O’Reilly in Buffalo. He worked out pretty for St. Louis didn’t he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad