Confirmed with Link: Eichel + 3rd (23) to VGK for, Tuch, Krebs, 1st (22) 2nd(23)

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
So if Kane wants to sign & play with his old buddy Eichel for 1m...do they say no?
I still have PTSD from all the Eichel orchestrated open net tap ins that Kane missed. Kane is not the type of player you want playing with Eichel. You need guys that can compliment Eichel, who drives the play. Guys that can get in the right spot and can finish. Example: Olofsson.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I still have PTSD from all the Eichel orchestrated open net tap ins that Kane missed. Kane is not the type of player you want playing with Eichel. You need guys that can compliment Eichel, who drives the play. Guys that can get in the right spot and can finish. Example: Olofsson.

"Play with" =/= playing on the same line together.

And it wouldn't matter if Kane clicked with Eichel or not, any team that signs him is putting him anywhere in their top 9 whether he likes it or not. Vegas already has a couple of wingers they could try with Jack.

edit: and I just remembered that Lehner would know Kane well too from his Buffalo days. So who knows. That guy has burned a lot of bridges in the league, so Vegas and Tampa have players that would either speak up for him or laugh at the idea. It's looking like Eichel and Lehner don't have a ton of hard feelings though:

Robin Lehner comes to the defense of Evander Kane.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If you've followed Lehner you'll know that him doing that is on point with who he is. At least since getting help.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If you've followed Lehner you'll know that him doing that is on point with who he is. At least since getting help.

All I'm saying is don't be shocked if they offer him a contract. Whether he wants to set foot in Las Vegas again or not is a different matter.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Please no to Kane.

Yes he will help the top 6, but i don't really think he is worth the headache that comes with him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

No idea how reliable this Traikos guy is.

The timing is suspicious.

Has the NHL said anything about the postponed games from last month? If they have those games during what was supposed to be the Olympic break, and Eichel and Patches are both healthy for them...they might have to make a drastic move.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The timing is suspicious.

Has the NHL said anything about the postponed games from last month? If they have those games during what was supposed to be the Olympic break, and Eichel and Patches are both healthy for them...they might have to make a drastic move.
Like Stone to get his surgery?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Good to see him out there, but its been made pretty clear skating and physical activity was never a question. The real question is how he feels the days after taking NHL punishment. We know as much as other teams respect him, no one is going to let up in sending him hard into the boards nor in "testing" out his back with some hard cross checks.

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
Good to see him out there, but its been made pretty clear skating and physical activity was never a question. The real question is how he feels the days after taking NHL punishment. We know as much as other teams respect him, no one is going to let up in sending him hard into the boards nor in "testing" out his back with some hard cross checks.

Imagine being that big of a piece of &^%* that you would intentionally cross check someone in the back who you know has serious spine issues.

That is straight up sociopathic behavior. But I don't doubt you're right cuz people suck.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Eichel could be out another 'month or two' for Golden Knights

He's being Kucherov'd...at least until the trade deadline, but let's face it, if they can't clear cap or get someone else on LTIR his first game will be in the playoffs (if they make it).

You can quote me on this. There is ZERO chance Eichel's first game will be in the playoffs. Stone or Pacioretty I could see them gettting the opportunity to Kucherov. They won't do it with Eichel because it would basically be punting this year. No games or contact in over a year and no in game chemistry with the team and he's expected to just jump into his first playoffs and be himself?

Foley and Mcphee have both said in the past week they have moves planned if closer to the deadline LTIR isn't going to be an option.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Makes even less sense to me to put him on the first line if he doesn’t play until the playoffs.

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
If Eichel is coming back in the regular season I truly wonder what this team will look like (who is being traded).

BTW.. Patches may be coming back?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If Eichel is coming back in the regular season I truly wonder what this team will look like (who is being traded).

BTW.. Patches may be coming back?

so does Vegas have to move a contract to fit Eichel in ?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Depends on if one of the big contracts(Stone) gets Kucherov'd or not. There's been murmurs about Stone needing surgery, so...

Where'd you hear that? Back surgery wouldn't just end Stone's regular season, but his playoffs too. I think it's more likely that they would just use his lingering back problems as a reason to let him rest it until the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad