Confirmed with Link: Eichel + 3rd (23) to VGK for, Tuch, Krebs, 1st (22) 2nd(23)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Now isn't the best time to part with healthy roster players for an injured one. :laugh:

True. And it'll be some time without Eichel in the lineup after surgery (that could have happened in like May or earlier and perhaps he'd have been ready to play at the start of the season).

Reactions: NotPetya

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I much would prefer to wait and see what we have in our prospects before we would go and make a trade for a guy who may never be the same as he was - there is no guarantee of success with this operation, it has never before been done on someone who plays a professional high level contact sport. Besides, we haven't looked good either in the preseason or in the first two games, I hate making trades and overpaying due to panic.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They should let him get the surgery he wants, so he can play with Pacioretty at the Olympics and traded to Vegas at the deadline.

But Hertl is a much more attractive option if he forces SJ's hand with his 3 team trade clause.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
They should let him get the surgery he wants, so he can play with Pacioretty at the Olympics and traded to Vegas at the deadline.

But Hertl is a much more attractive option if he forces SJ's hand with his 3 team trade clause.

This is the only chance we really have at an upgrade at center. For it to happen though we need to San Jose to suck so bad Hertl won't even consider an extension.

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
I just want someone to trade for him already so I stop dreaming of him and Stone celebrating goals together. :( This shit has dragged on for WAY, WAY too long.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

Much more onboard with Hertl than Eichel, TBH.

Reactions: Vegas07

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
No thanks - if Lehner is going to play like he did tonight, getting back Patches, Stone, Tuch, maybe an addition at the TDL (Hertl?) we're a whole different team.

I agree. We’re going to be mediocre for the time being with the injuries. Eichel is someone I do think that can push us over but I’d be hesitant with his injury. We have yet to really develop a player unfortunately.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Buffalo without Eichel is 3-0 and looks like an NHL team for the first time since his arrival. Better off without him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

If this were Friedman I'd kind of brush it off.

You have to wonder if Foley is putting some serious pressure on the McGMs

I don't see how they beat a Calgary offer though, or clear enough cap to get him in the lineup for Feb-March(or earlier). Flames make way too much sense here.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

If this were Friedman I'd kind of brush it off.

You have to wonder if Foley is putting some serious pressure on the McGMs

I don't see how they beat a Calgary offer though, or clear enough cap to get him in the lineup for Feb-March(or earlier). Flames make way too much sense here.

Yeah cause its like no one thought the Knights were in on him. Whatever.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah cause its like no one thought the Knights were in on him. Whatever.

During the podcast he said they've become the frontrunners.

I wonder what a hypothetical deal in place would look like if Stone is Kucherov'd for the regular season...
Krebs + Hague + Thompson + Carrier + 3 conditional 1sts* for
Eichel (1m retained) + Hagg (50% retained) + Dell + Eakin (50% retained) + Caggiula + 2 conditional 2nds

Conditions:
-if Eichel barely plays in the next 2 years, Vegas gets both 2nds
-if Eichel plays over 60% of games the next 2 seasons Buffalo gets 2 1sts
-if Vegas wins a cup with Eichel playing in at least 60% of the playoffs, Buffalo gets an additional 1st

:sarcasm:

*edit: I guess the 2022 pick is going to have to be top 2 protected. Oh, what dark times are these...

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Someone somewhere said Krebs, Tuch and Smith and honestly if it were to happen I think that would probably be close. I can't see many more ways we could make it happen that make any modicum of sense for us.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Someone somewhere said Krebs, Tuch and Smith and honestly if it were to happen I think that would probably be close. I can't see many more ways we could make it happen that make any modicum of sense for us.

Giving up both Krebs and Tuch for a guy who may never be healthy for the duration of his 10m contract, let alone be the same player he was - could be disastrous. If Eichel's career is cut short that would be worse than the Erik Karlsson trade.

I'd be willing to gamble on one top 6 player but not 2.

Re: cap and depth - If Stone goes on LTIR for the season, that changes everything. They can pick up warm bodies off waivers or take back a temp player or two like Caggiula to play for the next 4 months. As for the long term: The early sample size of Miromanov has been encouraging, so they could probably afford to lose McNabb to free agency.

A healthy playoff roster could look like

Patches Eichel Stone
Misfits
Stephenson Patrick Tuch
Janmark Roy Dadonov
Kolesar
Howden
Morozov

I don't see any reason to be in a hurry to dump a lot of cap if they have 19.5m on LTIR for around 4 months or longer. Plus the LTIR from Patches and Tuch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegan Knight

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Giving up both Krebs and Tuch for a guy who may never be healthy for the duration of his 10m contract, let alone be the same player he was - could be disastrous. If Eichel's career is cut short that would be worse than the Erik Karlsson trade.

Re: cap and depth - If Stone goes on LTIR for the season, that changes everything. They can pick up warm bodies off waivers or take back a temp player or two like Caggiula to play for the next 4 months. As for the long term: The early sample size of Miromanov has been encouraging, so they could probably afford to lose McNabb to free agency.

Patches Eichel Stone
Misfits
Stephenson Patrick Tuch
Janmark Roy Dadonov
Kolesar
Howden
Morozov

I don't see any reason to be in a hurry to dump a lot of cap if they have 19.5m on LTIR for around 4 months or longer. Plus the LTIR from Patches and Tuch.
Giving up the farm for an Eichel who may never be the same is a gamble I don't wish to take. Much rather stay the course with what we have, possibly add a Hertl (if SJ is out of it) at the TDL. As to the fact that we may well be out of contention by February if Stone, Patches are out so long-term, Eichel does not change that since he's kaput until at least then. Keep in mind, Eichel failed his physical.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Giving up the farm for an Eichel who may never be the same is a gamble I don't wish to take. Much rather stay the course with what we have, possibly add a Hertl (if SJ is out of it) at the TDL. As to the fact that we may well be out of contention by February if Stone, Patches are out so long-term, Eichel does not change that since he's kaput until at least then. Keep in mind, Eichel failed his physical.

I'd like a couple of conditional 2nds coming back from Buffalo just in case he's never the same. 1 conditional 2023 for not enough games played, and 1 conditional 2024 based on not enough points.

And if Vegas gives up 1sts they should be conditional and lottery protected as well.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Patches Eichel Stone
Misfits
Stephenson Patrick Tuch
Janmark Roy Dadonov
Kolesar
Howden
Morozov

If they can Kucherov someone that's most ideal with the cap situation, not for the players obviously. Whether that's Stone, Eichel, Tuch.

I only meant that seemed the most plausible because it would be one injured player for another, Tuch and Eichel, and Krebs has to be in any deal and Smith also if you're trying to move cap for cap so that they wouldn't be trading three current roster forwards for a player who won't be here for three or four months.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I think the selling the farm idea is overblown. We decided to do that year 2 trading Suzuki and then Brannstrom.

Our current farm isn't likely to get us more than being a playoff team. It is very unlikely that it would lead us to the level we're at now when fully healthy.

Right or wrong, like it or not, Cup in 6 is still the goal and the decision to go all in and bet the farm was already made well before Eichel had any issues.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I think the selling the farm idea is overblown. We decided to do that year 2 trading Suzuki and then Brannstrom.

Our current farm isn't likely to get us more than being a playoff team. It is very unlikely that it would lead us to the level we're at now when fully healthy.

Right or wrong, like it or not, Cup in 6 is still the goal and the decision to go all in and bet the farm was already made well before Eichel had any issues.

Don't agree, or more to the point, Cup in 6 and then stink for 10 is not my idea of how to run a franchise. It's why I'm not in favor of Eichel. I'd much rather build a solid team and add a little something at the TDL and the off season. I always think we'll be a destination for free agents due to the tax structure, fan base, support in the community, etc. But I'd rather not get stars past their prime at high prices in a cap league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad