Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v6

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Anybody know if Lolley is still under contract for next season?

Edit: Just heard that Lolley will be back next season.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lolley is starting to get overrated here though. He got outcoached badly a few times down the stretch.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Lolley is starting to get overrated here though. He got outcoached badly a few times down the stretch.
During the same interview with Gregor in which Sunderland announced that Milanovich would be the OC & play-caller, he said that it will be up to the new HC to decide what coaches he wants. This was in response to a question about Lolley.

I'm elated by this hire, by the way. Interesting that it's the first time that the Esks hired an experienced CFL head coach since Don Matthews in 1999.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
During the same interview with Gregor in which Sunderland announced that Milanovich would be the OC & play-caller, he said that it will be up to the new HC to decide what coaches he wants. This was in response to a question about Lolley.

I'm elated by this hire, by the way. Interesting that it's the first time that the Esks hired an experienced CFL head coach since Don Matthews in 1999.

It didn’t go so well with Matthews so hopefully this time it works out better.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Has it really been that long? Wow.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Couldn't have hoped for any better. I'm very optimistic about this hire. Missing out on Campbell proved to be a good thing.

Only thing I wonder about is how much they're paying him and if that will take up the entire coaching cap, lol.

You could assume he was making at least 6 figures (US$) as a QB coach for the Jags.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Only thing I wonder about is how much they're paying him and if that will take up the entire coaching cap, lol.

You could assume he was making at least 6 figures (US$) as a QB coach for the Jags.

I honestly don't think this coaching cap is getting taken too seriously. Just like the player cap wasn't until about a decade ago. What's the CFL going to do, take away draft picks? A high end coach is worth a lot more to an organization than a draft pick.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Stupidest ting the CFL ever did a coaching cap my God.!Also not have 3 QB on the roster is the 2nd dumbest thing.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Stupidest ting the CFL ever did a coaching cap my God.!Also not have 3 QB on the roster is the 2nd dumbest thing.
I always thought that coaching cap was either a tool to use to get rid of Chris Jones or a sign the league is in even more financial trouble than we thought. If they really are ignoring it now then the real reason was probably Chris Jones.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Geez, and here I thought that in the whole of North America there were only 2 or so possible head coaches for the HC Eski job. Because there sure a lot of anger when those 2 guys went elsewhere (if the Eski's even wanted them).
Thank god there was some unknown 3rd guy out there or we would be screwed

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I like both the Milanovich and Presson hirings.

Neither one of them are part of the EE "fraternity" and that's a good thing. We need an extraneous view that looks to the future and doesn't rest on past glories.

Milanovich is definitely a step up on Maas and for the first time in a long while I am excited about the upcoming season.

Last edited:
Reactions: guymez

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I like both the Milanovich and Presson hirings.

Neither one of them are part of the EE "fraternity" and that's a good thing. We need a extraneous view that looks to the future and doesn't rest on past glories.

Milanovich is definitely a step up on Maas and for the first time in a long while I am excited about the upcoming season.

Not to mention that Presson is a career sports exec - and a winning one at that. That in itself is a huge improvement.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah too much inbreeding and the stomach churning Maas love-in. Ditto for the tears shed for Ed Hervey.

New philosophy should read as "just win baby".

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Who is us? The Riders?

Mass instantly makes Cody Fajadro a mop candidate. He has done it everywhere he has been,

And unfortunately for Riders fans, some of his other troubles might negate whatever good he does for Fajardo.

Maas has always been great at generating individual stats out of a QB, but his playcalling - if it's anything like what it was in Edmonton - can cause the offense to stall at exactly the wrong time.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Who is us? The Riders?

Mass instantly makes Cody Fajadro a mop candidate. He has done it everywhere he has been,
Yes. We will see what he can do for him. Hopefully there isn’t a digression but time will tell. Our last coordinator was a complete goof. His game plan against Winnipeg was an utter joke it’s hard to believe it could be any worse than that LOL

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
And unfortunately for Riders fans, some of his other troubles might negate whatever good he does for Fajardo.

Maas has always been great at generating individual stats out of a QB, but his playcalling - if it's anything like what it was in Edmonton - can cause the offense to stall at exactly the wrong time.
That is what I am worried about. However our last coordinator was pretty brutal so hopefully he can’t be any worse than him. I think as long as Fajardo Has a good season and the defense plays the way they did we have a good shot at going to the cup but as always there is strong competition with Calgary and Winnipeg. I would say Edmonton to but it’s tough to feel out what kind of team they are. They started off so strong last year and fizzled out but then looked awesome against Montreal in the playoffs but then not so much against Hamilton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad