Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v6

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just finished reading up on this. Looks like LaPo was their main target, he chose Ottawa.

No one has faith in our front office...

I mean, how the f*** do you choose Ottawa over us? They have no QB FFS! That’s a really bad look for us.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yikes. As much as Maas needed to go, it's a sorry shame that there's no one qualified to replace him.

That was the problem.
Sunderland needs to get this right.

Not sure how accurate this is but I heard that Marc Trestman was a target. Unless the XFL folds that isnt likely to happen.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That was the problem.
Sunderland needs to get this right.

Not sure how accurate this is but I heard that Marc Trestman was a target. Unless the XFL folds that isnt likely to happen.
What would you think of him as a hire anyway? To me he seems like a disaster since he lost Calvillo.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just finished reading up on this. Looks like LaPo was their main target, he chose Ottawa.

I mean, how the **** do you choose Ottawa over us? They have no QB FFS! That’s a really bad look for us.
Makes you wonder doesn’t it. I’d have thought they’d have had their choice of any of Campbell, La Police or anyone else in the league that they really wanted. Times sure have changed.

Reactions: Cloned

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What would you think of him as a hire anyway? To me he seems like a disaster since he lost Calvillo.

Well...I am kind of mixed on this.
His only really bad season was in Toronto last year....the year he didnt have a QB.
Lots of HC's fail with sub par QB's though.
I guess based on his overall record I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I don't think the Esks will be allowed to talk to Trestman. They asked the XFL for permission to interview Jamie Elizondo (Trestman's OC) and were denied.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think the Esks will be allowed to talk to Trestman. They asked the XFL for permission to interview Jamie Elizondo (Trestman's OC) and were denied.

Were they denied by the League or the team?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So Rick Campbell and Paul LaPolice get coaching gigs elsewhere, and the sky is falling in Edmonton? Wow......

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

I mean, how the **** do you choose Ottawa over us? They have no QB FFS! That’s a really bad look for us.

Yeah, really.

Unfortunately a decade and a half of Maciocia and Rhodes ruining the brand is coming home to roost by the looks of it.

But it's also possible Lapolice wasn't interested in competing with Calgary, Saskatchewan, and Winnipeg for a playoff spot. Easier to go out East where a .500 record is usually good enough for a home playoff game.

Reactions: abootzky and Yeah15

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
FYI, those thinking Harris and Co. won't play for Milanovich, Harris' first 4 years were with Milanovich, so he knows exactly what he has in him. I really feel the players will like him and he won't be a hot head like Maas was.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
FYI, those thinking Harris and Co. won't play for Milanovich, Harris' first 4 years were with Milanovich, so he knows exactly what he has in him. I really feel the players will like him and he won't be a hot head like Maas was.

Milanovich is a massive step up from Maas in every way.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Argos and Leafs fan here, you guys are getting a solid coach. Milanovich took a 9-9 team to a Grey Cup. Yes he had Ray and Owens, but the defence was really young and they weren't expected to win. He beat a heavily favored Als team in the ESF, and then dominated a much superior Stamps team.

You can make the case the Argos defence hasn't looked great since he was let go. Different personnel, but the defence looked the best under Milanovich, even when they won the Grey Cup under Trestman. The defence was good that year, but not as good as they were under Scott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad