Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I liked how he went with the 1-3-1 until they were down 3-0. What a terrible strategy.
Yep. Kings probably looked the best in the game when they were down 3 goals. Whoever is in charge of keeping Fiala on first unit PP should be fired as well. OMFG. He's terrible on first unit. I think his mind races or something. Bobbled puck all night giving it away.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You would think the Oilers PP would dissuade the Kings from continuing to go out there and take liberties but they're a veteran team who probably expects the refs to "manage" the game and let them do whatever they want when they're losing.

Will be interested to see if they reel it in in G4 or if the refs just let them do whatever because they're trailing in the series and the Oilers PP is too good so calling penalties might "influence the game" or whatever.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
VD is averaging more icetime than Kulak. How is that possible?

Yep. Kings probably looked the best in the game when they were down 3 goals. Whoever is in charge of keeping Fiala on first unit PP should be fired as well. OMFG. He's terrible on first unit. I think his mind races or something. Bobbled puck all night giving it away.
Fiala sounds like Violet in Russian or Ukrainian. Poor guy.

Reactions: McDoused

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Not sure about this. The one thing I know about playoffs is unpredictability of it. We find out if Kings have any coaching, any adjustments, and if they have coherent leadership.

Isn't it strange (or not) that the best Kings playoff performance against us was without Doughty? So odd, because the guy can make so many plays but f***s up so much too. Even his mentality seemed to cost the Kings tonight and really he handed us the first goal. Star D can't lose his mind every 2nd game.
Yeah, they just collapsed in game. Does not mean the series is over.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Not sure about this. The one thing I know about playoffs is unpredictability of it. We find out if Kings have any coaching, any adjustments, and if they have coherent leadership.

Isn't it strange (or not) that the best Kings playoff performance against us was without Doughty? So odd, because the guy can make so many plays but f***s up so much too. Even his mentality seemed to cost the Kings tonight and really he handed us the first goal. Star D can't lose his mind every 2nd game.
He could try!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Doughty hurts the Kings plenty. All the bitching he does at other Kings and yet he never looks in the mirror. Cause he’s the primary clown on a bunch of plays this year and playoffs past.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Man is made for the playoffs.

Media feeds on the stupid. We literally live in the age of TMZ journalism, where it's more important to stir up controversy than actually report facts. It's what the masses want cuz many have no lives and want to insulate themselves in drama to feel connected or informed. Hilarious to see that The National Enquirer went from a joke publication to the what is now the norm.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
That was about as good of a bounceback game on the road as you could ask for.

Skinner was solid.
PK was extremely good.
Oilers best players were once again the best players and when that happens the team wins.

Refs did their best early on to game manage the Kings back into the game by ignoring blatant Kings penalties and when that failed... Kings got even dirtier and the game got out of hand and started getting dangerous... which we all knew would happen.

Hopefully the Oilers can stay healthy without any major injuries because that's the main goal of the Kings... to injure players because they can't compete with the Oilers in terms of skill/talent... the only way the Kings will win games is when the Oilers hand chances repeatedly on a plate to them.

Play this way the rest of the way and this will be a 5 game series.

I expect a lot more dirt from the Kings as injuring key Oilers is literally the only way they have a chance in this series.
That's how they won a game. It's all in the Oilers' control.

Last edited:

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
Man, this forum is so manic, it can give you whiplash. :laugh: The roller coaster of hot takes after every loss is something to behold.

Anyway, hopefully Skinner's play tonight can get some people to back off the ledge and realize he's a pretty decent goalie. Not perfect, but pretty darn good. That's probably a pipe dream on my part though, lol.

The kings were dominated in every facet tonight. Special teams, 5v5, goaltending...this is live in your head, rent free kind of owning. The Oilers don't have to sweep the kings to dominate them, and the Kings realize it.

I perused the Kings game day thread for the fun of it, and let me tell ya, there was enough salt in the tears there to season my food for months. :whine:

We were accused of being a headhunting team (Ironic, lol), having the refs in our back pockets (wha??) and being pretenders (Which is funny since this is 3rd year in a row we will beat them...). However, sprinkled throughout the thread was the PTSD laced resignation of their fans, and the screaming for the heads of everyone one on the team, and in charge of it, not named Kempe or Byfield.

So take a breath and enjoy this (even after a single loss for crying out loud), cause these Oilers are fun to watch. Lets crush our enemies, see them driven before the Oilers, and hear the lamentations of their women!

Let's go Oilers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad