Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v6

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, I should know better than to expect more from him-- but its amazing to me that after all these years the editors haven't looked at a younger scribe who writes with more of an edge and challenges the status quo a bit more--before the story line becomes obvious in hindsight. Anybody can write "told ya so" after the fact.
Alot of the older editors seem to be yes men, where they just agree with everything the organization does so they don't lose their access to the team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Alot of the older editors seem to be yes men, where they just agree with everything the organization does so they don't lose their access to the team.
It's really a double edged sword.

The CFL needs all the viewers they can get. They can't exactly afford to not give access to people. If people quit following the local media that is going to hurt the CFL, is it not?

Granted there is a fine line. You can't just be a dick and ask "what in the f*** were you thinking", but there is room for a few people to not be lobing in soft balls all the time.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Pretty obvious we are going to hire LaPolice, unless Sunderland offers Chris Jones full control and he moves into a supervisory role.
LaPolice? Okay. He's earned another HC opportunity.

Chris Jones? Absolutely not. He's a terrible fit for a team with a player personnel guy already in place as GM. If Pinball Clemons in Toronto is smart, he'll approach Jones. The Argos' situation suits everyone involved much better than the one here.

Reactions: rboomercat90

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
LaPolice? Okay. He's earned another HC opportunity.

Chris Jones? Absolutely not. He's a terrible fit for a team with a player personnel guy already in place as GM. If Pinball Clemons in Toronto is smart, he'll approach Jones. The Argos' situation suits everyone involved much better than the one here.
I’ve got zero interest in Chris Jones. He’s not a long term solution for us because you can’t trust that anything you offer him will be enough to keep him committed to the organization. Best case scenario with him is that he’d be a bandaid for a season or two and that’s only if his moves worked out. If they don’t it’ll be an even bigger mess.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'd take Chris Jones in about 2 seconds. He won't be available until kitchens probably gets fire in Cleveland.

Jones has built winners in multiple places and would be the best candidate out there if he was available.

La Police I am not crazy about.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Maas is a good OC...not so good as head coach.
If the Riders hire him as OC I think thats a smart move for them.
With Fajardos budding confidence, and the general resurgence of offense in Regina last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty potent offense from Saskatchewan with Maas.

I also think he'd blend well with Dickenson, as he's a pretty level headed calm coach which should balance Maas' intensity well.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
With Fajardos budding confidence, and the general resurgence of offense in Regina last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty potent offense from Saskatchewan with Maas.

I also think he'd blend well with Dickenson, as he's a pretty level headed calm coach which should balance Maas' intensity well.

I agree and thats an excellent point about Dickenson being able to level out Maas.
That probably one of the reasons why Maas worked so well in Ottawa with Rick Campbell as HC.

Reactions: bone

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Maas is a good OC...not so good as head coach.
If the Riders hire him as OC I think thats a smart move for them.
Probably a smart move for both sides. I think he could be a decent offensive coordinator too if he gets back to focusing on that. I just don’t think he has the right makeup to be a good head coach.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I agree and thats an excellent point about Dickenson being able to level out Maas.
That probably one of the reasons why Maas worked so well in Ottawa with Rick Campbell as HC.

I think Maas knows this as well which is why he's surrounded himself with more controlled DCs and such. However, I think it's likely a more successful formula to have that amped up coordinator pumping guys up while the person in charge can keep an even keel.

I think they will be a formidable combination.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Seen a report today we interviewed the former head coach of the Arizona rattlers of the defunct arena league. Yah the new president's former employee. What a joke

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Seen a report today we interviewed the former head coach of the Arizona rattlers of the defunct arena league. Yah the new president's former employee. What a joke
Oh god. Its like the old boys club all over again. What shall we do???????

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Yikes. As much as Maas needed to go, it's a sorry shame that there's no one qualified to replace him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad