Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If Smith was younger and not as injury prone--most oiler fans would have picked him-but because of his age and getting injured all the time--it is hard to make a case for anyone taking Smith over Campbell

If a poster can make a case for Smith over Campbell please make the case

There were other options besides a broken down Smith and handing a 5x5 deal to a goalie who absolutely melted into a pool of dog excrement by the second half of last year….

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Who said anything about Smith playing? Every Oiler fan was so sure that he was an upgrade on Smith from last year.
Funny thing about that: Because you're posting in the original signing thread, it's ridiculously easy to look at the initial reactions. Oilers fans were pretty mild about it. Fans of other teams mostly thought it was an upgrade. It was generally meh all around - except for a few weird Avs fans (I know it's not all of you) who needed to focus on the Oilers instead of their cup win.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He has obviously played much better then this in in the past, he likely will have a good stretch at some point. If not, at least his contract is not buyout proof.

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
He has obviously played much better this in in the past, he likely will have a good stretch at some point. If not, at least his contract is not buyout proof.
I think Holland waits until after year 2 of the contract, if things havnt improved by Summer of 2024, campbell will get bought out

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Funny thing about that: Because you're posting in the original signing thread, it's ridiculously easy to look at the initial reactions. Oilers fans were pretty mild about it. Fans of other teams mostly thought it was an upgrade. It was generally meh all around - except for a few weird Avs fans (I know it's not all of you) who needed to focus on the Oilers instead of their cup win.

Nah. Based on what Oilers fan think, we just go to bed every night thanking our lucky stars that the refs and bounces went our way against you guys, or it might have been Oilers in 5. So this is just homage to that.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
you think Holland is going to waste 1.5 years of McDavid before he finds a goalie that can stop a puck?
Yes I really do. I’m not saying it’s the right play, but I don’t see a scenario where Holland buys campbell out after one season.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
you think Holland is going to waste 1.5 years of McDavid before he finds a goalie that can stop a puck?
He's gonna waste McDavid's entire career if he's not fired. There are two tiers of GMs in the NHL. Everyone else in one tier, and Ken Holland in his own way at the bottom. He's the Wayne Gretzky of wasting assets and the Bobby Orr of bad contracts.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Nah. Based on what Oilers fan think, we just go to bed every night thanking our lucky stars that the refs and bounces went our way against you guys, or it might have been Oilers in 5. So this is just homage to that.
You're an Avs fan? Ha! This is just too on the nose! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad