Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
On a positive note, Campbell has five years to figure it out, right?:D
He will figure it out and prob be streaky but I have no doubt he will show some elite months for Edmonton. only issue is he just gets in his own head.
him calling his start pathetic pretty much just tells us his state of mind.
He needs to have a solid game to start breathing easy again. I like Campbell and I hope he figures it out.
gotta admit seeing him do very poor makes me smile a little but only because I seem to always get into it with Oilers fans and their attitude towards the leafs makes me want to see them do bad

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
He will figure it out and prob be streaky but I have no doubt he will show some elite months for Edmonton. only issue is he just gets in his own head.
him calling his start pathetic pretty much just tells us his state of mind.
He needs to have a solid game to start breathing easy again. I like Campbell and I hope he figures it out.
gotta admit seeing him do very poor makes me smile a little but only because I seem to always get into it with Oilers fans and their attitude towards the leafs makes me want to see them do bad

l like Campbell too, but after a summer of endless Oiler bragging, l don't necessarily feel bad.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
a big problem with Campbell as well is he's just not a 5m goalie, pressure will forever be on him to preform. he's a 2-2.5m guy atleast he can just focus there on his job over always being good enough to justify the signing.
he has so much potential to be good but he's his own worst enemy it seems atleast.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
l like Campbell too, but after a summer of endless Oiler bragging, l don't necessarily feel bad.
Ya we all heard the same thing for Leaf fans when he had a hot streak. He was going to be one of the best goalies in the league. By the end of the season they found out what most of us already knew.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckFather

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ya we all heard the same thing for Leaf fans when he had a hot streak. He was going to be one of the best goalies in the league. By the end of the season they found out what most of us already knew.
Are you a Leafs fan? Or is your username just in reference to hatred of the Leafs? Just wondering and can't see your profile.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

And we heard the same from Oilers fans when he signed. Funny how that works...

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
and you over look the fact we added "Due to health"--Smith could not stay healthy

If Smith could stay and healthy and been a few years younger? You fail to add you are comparing a 40 year old to a 30 year old

Keep telling yourself it was a good signing. Maybe it’ll come true one day.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Keep telling yourself it was a good signing. Maybe it’ll come true one day.

Nice try

If Smith was a few years younger and no injury prone--99% of the board would have taken him over any of the goalies available this off season

but he is not--he is 40 and breaking down. So the decision to sign Campbell was not that hard

Unless you are saying you would run with a starting 40 year old goalie with injury problems?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Who said anything about Smith playing? Every Oiler fan was so sure that he was an upgrade on Smith from last year.

He still might be. By this time last year Smith had played 3 games. In the last one he posted something like a .730 sv%...

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Nice try

If Smith was a few years younger and no injury prone--99% of the board would have taken him over any of the goalies available this off season

but he is not--he is 40 and breaking down. So the decision to sign Campbell was not that hard

Unless you are saying you would run with a starting 40 year old goalie with injury problems?

Probably better to give 5x5 to a goalie with some of the worst metrics in the league for a starter (both this year and most of last season) then. You got me on that one.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Man I knew he wasn't a fit with a Bouchard/Barrie defense with his poor high danger shot metrics and I still didn't imagine he'd be THIS bad. Can someone tell me what kind of "skin rash" Hossa had before his LTIRetirement? Asking for a friend.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Probably better to give 5x5 to a goalie with some of the worst metrics in the league for a starter (both this year and most of last season) then. You got me on that one.
Dumbest decision was not to pursue Kuemper for this plug.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If Smith was younger and not as injury prone--most oiler fans would have picked him-but because of his age and getting injured all the time--it is hard to make a case for anyone taking Smith over Campbell

If a poster can make a case for Smith over Campbell please make the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad